The Student Room Group

Help for what to choose at a level :)

hi, just finished gcses and waiting for results on thursday. i need your help.

I definitely am doing: Maths, Econ and biology

however i am in a dilemma over whether to choose geography or chemistry as a fourth subject. I enjoy geography more than i do chemistry but i fell like chemistry is more suited, however one thing i must add is that im not intending on doing anything science related at uni, i intend to do something to do with maths,statistics or economics. I forgot to mention that i will be dropping this subject regardless whether its geography or chemistry after AS

advice plz
Thankz
Since you're not planning on doing anything science related at uni then I'd go for geography, if you feel like that's the subject you'd enjoy more. Both are 'facilitating' subjects and are highly regarded by unis and so whatever decision you make will be fine.
Reply 2
Do geography as you enjoy it more and are therefore more likely to do well in it. If you're considering doing something maths related at uni, shouldn't you think about doing Further Maths?
Reply 3
Definitely Geography then, if you enjoy it more you are more likely to succeed :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by xxKiaraxx
Do geography as you enjoy it more and are therefore more likely to do well in it. If you're considering doing something maths related at uni, shouldn't you think about doing Further Maths?

does economics need further maths?
Reply 5
Original post by jabbadejab
does economics need further maths?

It's not required but always looks good :smile:
I'd definitely say Geography. I did Chemistry at AS and it was such hard work! There are so many equations you have to learn, and it takes a lot of effort to memorise everything for the exams.

Now that I'm going into A2, I'm just glad to say I never have to do Chemistry again :biggrin:

(I'm doing Maths, Further Maths and English Lit at A2)
I'd say do Geography - you've stated that you won't need it for the degree you want to do (as it's not science related) and you enjoy it! Plus, it's something different to your other options, which are science and maths based. But ultimately it is your decision. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest