The Student Room Group

royal navy holidays (boyfriend)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Klutzz
Yes but everyone on this has been saying that 4 weeks seems like too long etc. I have asked, him, he's pretty sure it's 4 weeks and he doesn't know how long he'll get to come home for between that. He finishes basic at the end of November so I don't know if he'll even get to come home. I'm just trying to get an opinion from people who have more experience with this.

My boyfriend's in phase 2 over christmas and he gets 2 weeks leave, and he had 1 week off between phase 1 and 2 but I know that was only for the engineers, and everybody else that was in his class during phase 1 passed out on the Friday and started phase 2 on the Monday :smile:
Is it possible to take time off during phase 2? As in, like a week or two? I know it sounds stupid, but my friend, who's in phase 2 during June/July thinks he can book time off to come on holiday with us..
Thank you.
Reply 22
Original post by osianllyrrees
Is it possible to take time off during phase 2? As in, like a week or two? I know it sounds stupid, but my friend, who's in phase 2 during June/July thinks he can book time off to come on holiday with us..
Thank you.

There may well be breaks within the training (as in, split into terms), but taking additional time off? Almost certainly not.

Quick Reply

Latest