The Student Room Group

Which enrichment should i chose?

I think that i might like to go into Medicine in the future, is Young enterprise a good enrichment choice?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd say that any enrichment is useful for your application. Do something that you enjoy so you can sound passionate when you talk about it at the interview.
Reply 3
Original post by HeyThereHarry
I'd say that any enrichment is useful for your application. Do something that you enjoy so you can sound passionate when you talk about it at the interview.
Thanks:smile: I quite enjoy business type stuff so hopefully I'll sound passionate:biggrin:
I'm a medic and did Latin American dancing for enrichment :lol:
Reply 5
Original post by Blackshadow
I'm a medic and did Latin American dancing for enrichment :lol:

Haha great choice:biggrin: I guess I've chosen the right thing because I think I will enjoy young enterprise:h:
King Eds?
Original post by sr-96
Haha great choice:biggrin: I guess I've chosen the right thing because I think I will enjoy young enterprise:h:

Why thanks. Yeah anything you can talk about in your PS and/or in an interview is good.
Reply 8
Original post by Mindless Behavior
King Eds?

I'm sorry, what's Kind Eds?:confused:
Reply 9
Why thanks. Yeah anything you can talk about in your PS and/or in an interview is good.

But say i wanted to be a marine biologist, how would i fit this enrichment choice into my personal statement?:smile:
Original post by sr-96
But say i wanted to be a marine biologist, how would i fit this enrichment choice into my personal statement?:smile:

Any sort of skills you gain from your enrichment can be applied to whatever course you're doing.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Any sort of skills you gain from your enrichment can be applied to whatever course you're doing.

Thanks for the help:biggrin:
Original post by sr-96
Thanks for the help:biggrin:

You're welcome :smile: Would have elaborated more but I know nothing about marine biology.
Reply 13
bump
Original post by sr-96
bump

Why bump a thread with good answers? Do whatever enrichment course you want.
Reply 15
Original post by PythianLegume
Why bump a thread with good answers? Do whatever enrichment course you want.

Just searching for more opinions that's all.
Reply 16
I don't really know about medicine but I did young enterprise in year 11 and it was fun, so if you enjoy business type things, I think you made a good decision to do it. You don't wanna be stuck doing something you don't enjoy so you might as well pick something interesting. You also get a qualification out of it which is cool :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by Toriar
I don't really know about medicine but I did young enterprise in year 11 and it was fun, so if you enjoy business type things, I think you made a good decision to do it. You don't wanna be stuck doing something you don't enjoy so you might as well pick something interesting. You also get a qualification out of it which is cool :biggrin:

Yes i do enjoy it, so i think i will stick to it:biggrin: That's true! Oh what kind of qualification? Also what kind of stuff did you do during the enrichment?:smile:
Reply 18
I don't know what your options are for enrichment as we never really called it that when I was in 6th Form, but I did do the Wings of Hope award scheme instead of Young Enterprise which many more others did. I have no idea if your school even knows about it, but you basically get a small group together of like 3-6 people or something, register your group with a name online, and find ways to fundraise money for the charity. Wings of Hope is a children's charity based in London which raises money for underprivileged kids in India and Malawi and helps provide general support and more specifically education for them. At the end of the few months in March/April you put together a presentation to present to a board of important/famous philanthropists and active contributors to the charity who then decide if you go through to the final. There are many prizes to be won, and if you come up with the most innovative ideas and raise a good amount of money you can even win and win a trip to India or Malawi to visit the children you've helped.

You can do this completely on your own, your school doesn't need to have a connection set up with the charity prior. You just need a couple friends to be willing. I suggest this over Young Enterprise purely because it seems a bit more relevant to the Medical world than YE which focuses more on business and personal gain (you get to keep the money you make which is of course a great bonus). I found Wings of Hope scheme very rewarding and would give you far more to talk about in your personal statement as it is all about helping, giving and caring to the charity and the children they support.

Just another suggestion to google :smile:
Original post by sr-96
I'm sorry, what's Kind Eds?:confused:

King Edward schools are a grammar school foundation in birmingham (not sure bout other places)

Quick Reply

Latest