The Student Room Group

Im dreading going back to uni help

I don't know where to put this thread,

I hate uni, I just want to cry everytime I think about going back I feel sick im not sleeping or eating I don't even go back for a month but my first year was crap I hated every moment of it. Im going into second year I hate the house ill be in im with 2 other people who I thought were my friends but actually they've just turned out to be control freaks they just slag me of and leave me out of everyrhing and just take me for a mug and expect me to pay bills. Im sick of everybody at uni taking the mick out of me and laughing I feel like an idiot at uni. Theres nothing I want to go back for I really want to complete my degree and become a lawyer but I just cant stand my uni I don't know what to do ?:frown:
Reply 1
Well the first thing to do it go find some better bloody friends! If they are going to treat you like this they are not worth your time! join a club, get out the house, all you have to do is eat and sleep there! What makes you hate it so much?
Reply 2
Awwww :frown: I am sorry you are having such a tough time. I can vouch and say every university student has at some point during their degree, felt what you are feeling. Going to uni marks exciting times but it can also be a really difficult growing up experience because you are suddenly living with people you haven't known for the first 18 years of your life, in an unfamiliar town, unfamiliar faces... that can sometimes fuse together to form this gigantic, confusing blur...

In saying that, life isn't supposed to be this difficult and you're not supposed to be feeling this horrible. :frown:
I don't think you should quit just yet. A good thing about uni is that it's probably a lot bigger in size than your average high school. Branch out, pursue your interests and meet people that way. Your friends don't really sound "friendly" to me. If you can, move out or spend as little time as possible in their presence. You don't need their negative energy. Or you can try dealing with it in a mature way. Maybe just by sitting down with your housemates and have a chat? See if you can resolve the problem? Maybe there's been a misunderstanding. If they have no good reason for treating you this way and if they continue to be this nasty even after you try to resolve the issue by talking, you should let them know what they're doing is not okay. You have to try standing up for yourself or else they'd think it's okay to walk all over you.

If you really can't handle it, look into transferring to Law at another university? Maybe all it takes is a new beginning. Although I've come to realise a place is only new for one day then after that, it's just well, a place. You'll meet nasty people wherever you go but :smile: try to go around and meet as many people as possible. One day, you'll find a bunch of great people who appreciate you for who you are while at the same time, recognising that you are the only person truly responsible for your own happiness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending