The Student Room Group

Should I risk taking As Geography without a GCSE?

I might drop Physics and because my sixth form is that crap, my only realistic option is As Geography, but I don't have a GCSE in it, so is it worth the risk and is it any easier to manage than as Physics.
I know people who have gone into Geography, History and RS without the GCSE and done really well. If you work hard you'll be fine :smile:

As for the workload compared to physics, it depends on the exam board and what type of learning suits you. I'd say they're similar.
As above, I know people who have done AS subjects without the GCSE who did well as long as they worked hard.
Original post by paradoxicalme
I know people who have gone into Geography, History and RS without the GCSE and done really well. If you work hard you'll be fine :smile:

As for the workload compared to physics, it depends on the exam board and what type of learning suits you. I'd say they're similar.

Thanks for your help, I'm a memoriser, I can learn facts pretty easily and apply them in situations, if I were to put the workload in, would I be able to get a good grade? Or is Geography for those that have a talent for that sort of subject.
Reply 4
Original post by shuheb789
I might drop Physics and because my sixth form is that crap, my only realistic option is As Geography, but I don't have a GCSE in it, so is it worth the risk and is it any easier to manage than as Physics.

taking GCSE geography isn't important, it is just literally learning loads of facts (and being good at reading and interpreting maps)
Original post by shuheb789
Thanks for your help, I'm a memoriser, I can learn facts pretty easily and apply them in situations, if I were to put the workload in, would I be able to get a good grade? Or is Geography for those that have a talent for that sort of subject.

It sounds like if you work hard you'll do fine :smile: Geography's not a strictly 'talent' subject like Art.
Original post by paradoxicalme
It sounds like if you work hard you'll do fine :smile: Geography's not a strictly 'talent' subject like Art.

Awesome, I'd be doing EdExcel (they've screwed me over a few times, are they like that for Geography?
Hi I took geography AS without a GCSE and I got a B so did okay! It's fairly easy and I really enjoyed it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest