The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Motorcycle parking.

Anyone know much about this? I'm actually mostly interested in residential parking as I want to keep my motorbike while I'm at uni (far cheaper than the tube!), so I'm wondering if anyone has any info or experience in parking their bike (eg overnight, safety etc) while being a student of QMUL.

I'll be living at Lindop House.

Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by stuart_aitken
Anyone know much about this? I'm actually mostly interested in residential parking as I want to keep my motorbike while I'm at uni (far cheaper than the tube!), so I'm wondering if anyone has any info or experience in parking their bike (eg overnight, safety etc) while being a student of QMUL.

I'll be living at Lindop House.

Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well when people do bring their motorbikes in, those who travel to uni..........they tend to put it near the bike racks in library square.

Hadn't even realised that belonged to qmul........may be a lot trickier to be fair.

Resident parking for a borough is a bit complicated, http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/lgsl/451-500/474_parking_permits/resident_permits/motorcycle_parking_for_residen.aspx

To qualify for a resident parking permit you will have to complete the application form and provide the following:

Your LBTH Council Tax Reference Number
Your UK Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C)

You don't have the first one..........so consider calling them or ask the student union how to solve it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Iqbal007
Well when people do bring their motorbikes in, those who travel to uni..........they tend to put near the bike racks in library square.

Hadn't even realised that belong to qmul........may be a lot trickier to be fair.

Resident parking for a borough is a bit complicated, http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/lgsl/451-500/474_parking_permits/resident_permits/motorcycle_parking_for_residen.aspx

To qualify for a resident parking permit you will have to complete the application form and provide the following:

Your LBTH Council Tax Reference Number
Your UK Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C)

You don't have the first one..........so consider calling them or ask the student union how to solve it.

This is possibly the most helpful and informative reply I've ever been given on this forum. :smile:

Thanks!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending