The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Applicants for 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by _Morsey_
It seems like a few people applying for Aerospace Engineering, and i'll be applying to that too! :cool:

I'd only recommend it over Mechanical if you have a passion for Aerodynamics and/or aircraft (and possibly space applications depending on where you go).
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 41
Original post by FlyHigh_er
What course are you applying for? And what is the usual and contextual offer? 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

BSc Geography :smile: The usual offer is AAA and the contextual offer is AAB which is so good considering it's Bristol!

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellie_d
BSc Geography :smile: The usual offer is AAA and the contextual offer is AAB which is so good considering it's Bristol!

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geology. The usual offer is AAB and the contextual is ABB so all is good. All the unis I'm applying for have the same offer. Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by djpailo
I'd only recommend it over Mechanical if you have a passion for Aerodynamics and/or aircraft (and possibly space applications depending on where you go).

I do, i have always had interests in spacecrafts and aircraft so i am very happy and confident to commit to it from the first year rather than choosing after the 2nd/3rd year :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Geology. The usual offer is AAB and the contextual is ABB so all is good. All the unis I'm applying for have the same offer. Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's great looking at contextual data, can really make a difference!

Bristol, Exeter, Southampton and then maybe Keele. Haven't visited Keele yet and need to find one more. Maybe King's but I'm not sure.

And yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
I'm applying for mechanical engineering, I was really excited when I saw they had a design engineering course but it's a 5 year course :frown:

Also applying for mechanical engineering at Nottingham, Sheffield and Leeds, and product design engineering at Loughborough. Apart from the Loughborough course they're all a grade or 2 higher than my predicted grade
Applying here for medicine!
Reply 47
Anyone not thinking seriously about Bristol...apply and come if you get an offer! It's awesome in every way. Any concerns about anything which is inhibiting your decision ask them!
Hi guys, applying for Philosophy and Economics :smile:
Hello *waves* any fellow Theology and Religion applicants on here? :biggrin:
Hey guys, I'm currently attending a very academic school, however I started the school in year 12. The school in which I completed my GCSE's has a notorious reputation for being bad, so I'm sure that Bristol look upon it as a school that dwells in the bottom 40% of schools. Do you think that Bristol will consider this when looking at my application? And could this lead to their offer being more lenient, despite the fact that I'm currently at a school with a great reputation? Thanks :smile:
Original post by frazzledazzle
Hey guys, I'm currently attending a very academic school, however I started the school in year 12. The school in which I completed my GCSE's has a notorious reputation for being bad, so I'm sure that Bristol look upon it as a school that dwells in the bottom 40% of schools. Do you think that Bristol will consider this when looking at my application? And could this lead to their offer being more lenient, despite the fact that I'm currently at a school with a great reputation? Thanks :smile:

In a similar situation myself; moved to a highly-ranked grammar school for sixth form but used to go to below average comprehensive. Would be great to hear responses to this :smile:
Original post by frazzledazzle

You're GCSEs aren't that important. The contextual offers is for those who attend schools which under perform in A Levels. Email the admissions tutor. Go to the page "Applying" on Bristol's website and you can navigate to find the email address. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an acknowledgement email from Bristol this morning. Anybody know roughly how long they'll take to make a decision?
Reply 54
Applying for Economics! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying to Bristol for Psychology, paid and sent my application to my referee a couple of hours ago! Obviously it's not officially sent off yet but it is in my eyes since I no longer have to spend every evening working on that awful personal statement :biggrin: And now the waiting game begins...
Reply 56
Anyone thinking of applying for English at Bristol?
Bristol Economics here. I've had a look at the accommodation and it looks great!
Reply 58
Has anyone not been yet? There's a visit day next week, think I might go
Just got an offer from Bristol today for economics, A*AA :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending