The Student Room Group

A Homeland for mixed people?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mrandmr.crane
No, it's not for PC reasons. (I don't think being overly PC is helpful with stuff like this.) It's actually true. But it's just my experience.

Not sure how specific I should be, haha... well, never mind. I'm from Leeds :biggrin: In case you're wondering about my background (I think that's why you're asking me where I'm from) my family's not rich, we're sort of lower middle/working class, the area I live in is pretty diverse, my close circle of friends is also diverse (in terms of both race and 'social class')... I don't have a rose-tinted view of things. I know people who've faced discrimination and people (not any of my friends, though) who are racist. Still I think having separate homeland would be a bit backward. Like someone said above me, it's much better to just focus on removing discrimination.

well, i am being a bit silly when i call for a white/mixed homeland but i say these things because i am sick and tired of the sheer hypocrisy around race relations in this country.

yes, i am mixed, but that means i have white family members and also my partner is white. this means children will look very white.

most interracial crime in Britain is black on white so not sure how certain ethnic minority groups have the cheek to talk about racism to be honest -- seems to me its not white people who have to look in the mirror about racism.

i say, where you you rather live. in a place where white people tell racist jokes or a place where minority gangs operate?

it seems to me that people are so brainwashed by this concept of 'racism' ( which means a billion different things depending on who you talk to) that they forget about worse things. like violent crime and basic human rights to live in an area without fear of gangs and street crime.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by StarryEyedCyborg
I quite agree with you but the fact that many mixed people are raised by single parents is true-and that too, its mostly the moms raising their kids.

Been to Iceland? 1 in 3 children will be raised in a home without their biological father around and good luck finding a non-White person there :smile: How about other Scandinavian countries? Latest statistics suggest over 40% of all children today will be in a single-parent type environment at some point in their lifetime, this is true for both Norway and Sweden and when broken down by race and communities there wasn't any significant differences.

Original post by BlondHair
Israel was given as a homeland for the Jews , a place where they could be the majority and not be discriminated against. Of course , the Palestinians weren't so happy , but I can foresee a slightly different situation in the future.

Many mixed race people throughout the world , whether they be mixed black white , mixed asian white , mixed indian white etc. feel that they do not belong to a nation. If we were able to support life on another planet , for example Mars , would it be a good idea to offer the mixed people that WANT to have a their own homeland a area of the planet. They could finally have a place they could call their own. One area for mixed black , one area for mixed indian etc.

These nations would be western based as the majority of mixed race people do live in western nations.

Of course one day race will become irrelevant , if we find aliens or if we invent artificial intelligence. It will no longer be , what country are you from , but what galaxy. Until then , I believe this would be a good thing to do for mixed race people.

I have seen how many mixed people ( mostly mixed black , others seem to be more accepted by their non "white" side ) are bullied at my school . I think they should have the oppurtunity to have a homeland where they are not bullied because of their race.

I'm mixed race, Indian+Chinese born and raised in Malaysia and Singapore before moving to England, now I live in Norway. My children have a true-blue Swedish mother. I have this to tell you, learn to integrate, stop making excuses and get on with life.

No matter where you are there will be discrimination, even in near ethnically homogeneous Iceland there are plenty of discrimination. Try being a variant of a "chav" in Iceland and you'll see how good things are in Britain really is. Better yet try being a benefit scrounger and tax dodger here in Norway, you'll find out soon enough how nice your neighbours really are to you and just how fast the news will spread before you get a taste in discrimination, this by the way is regardless of race.

Been living in England since I was 13 and I can safely say the only time I ever experienced anything you could remotely deem as racism was on a bus in Oxford where there was OAP who started lashing out at me because I was standing near her in just about all the racist stuff she could think off. The bus was full of ethnic minorities but it was the other White passengers on board who chastised that OAP to tell her to shut up. It was a White passenger who alerted the White driver of the bus as to what was happening, he pulled the bus over and asked the woman to disembark, I intervened and told the driver it was okay, she was just a harmless old lady and to get on with the journey. Am sure if that incident happened today it would be a viral hit on YouTube but that was in an era where mobilephones were as solid as a brick and only had 2 lines for a screen and a camera on a phone was an unknown feature.

While it is good to aspire for more it is always best to do the best you can, a country just for the mixed race? Give it 10 years and it will be organized between racial or communal lines and then you'll be asking for a country where only certain mixes are allowed.
It's called the United States.
It's called Croydon.
Original post by BlondHair

I have seen how many mixed people ( mostly mixed black , others seem to be more accepted by their non "white" side ) are bullied at my school . .
I am very sorry to disrupt your topic, but really, as soon as a hood turns "Black" , the whities get bullied cause they stand out to much,, This is now in Holland where i live such a big problem that a white person who is discriminated can go to an state ofice for antidiscrimination to file a complaint, yes, a white person complaining, did u ever thought of that?

For the rest i agree with u, lets create special places and even countries where nor black or white or mixed persons gets bullied !
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending