The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Birmingham.

No it isn't. Why is it underperforming? I have an IQ of 133 and attend the university that I wanted to. Why would I care?

I don't understand why people actually care about grades

Okay, I understand you and many others don't care about grades, you just don't look at life that way.
But you're on TSR, where BBB is presumably well below average, and so you're comparatively quite under achieving.

You're basically doing the equivalent of trying to explain to business tycoons that money is not important. It might not be, but you're arguing with the wrong people.

Why are you getting so worked up about this thread, if I may ask?
Original post by Manifestation
Don't come on the website then. Simple. No, I'm not socially capable because I have autism. I guess it makes you happy to insult those who have an incurable, neurodevelopmental disorder.

Do you use the fact that you have autism for an excuse for most everything? e.g being an *******
Don't come on the website then. Simple. No, I'm not socially capable because I have autism. I guess it makes you happy to insult those who have an incurable, neurodevelopmental disorder.

I guess you're happy to insult those who took a year off school due to bipolar and yet still managed to do her a levels regardless, get BBB and get into her first university of choice :yep:

Goes both ways mate. Don't give it if you can't take it.
On the tone of their posts and this whole thread. If you look others have said it too it's not just me :rolleyes:
Because you're implying that I'm unintelligent. It's not the best way of measuring intelligence, but it's as good as if not better than exams. I believe genius level is 140. I have the verbal part of it in the 98% percentile, verified by an educational psychologist.

And how is it bad at all? It's a good grade. But providing you get into the university you want to go to, why does it matter any more than that?

You can continue to believe that if you want, but those at higher ranking institutions have more of a chance of getting a better job. Not only that, but we will be surrounded by academics who are at the pinnacle of their field. Having a better education is what matters, and Birmingham probably isn't the best place for that... Genius level is 130 apparently, but I highly doubt that considering the fact that academic achievements correlate with IQ positively.

I, personally, believe that IQ tests are full of crap made by psychologists to assess their narrow version of intelligence. I assume you are aware that IQ tests were originally used to assess whether someone was mentally retarded or not, they were never meant to assess genius level intelligence or high intelligence generally.
Original post by TommehBoi
Do you use the fact that you have autism for an excuse for most everything? e.g being an *******

No. I'm just stating the facts.
As is making an educated guess that someone is an 'underachiever' which is exactly what someone did earlier on on the thread
I think you'll find that we did not personally attack her. :rolleyes:
You can continue to believe that if you want, but those at higher ranking institutions have more of a chance of getting a better job. Not only that, but we will be surrounded by academics who are at the pinnacle of their field. Having a better education is what matters, and Birmingham probably isn't the best place for that... Genius level is 130 apparently, but I highly doubt that considering the fact that academic achievements correlate with IQ positively.

I, personally, believe that IQ tests are full of crap made by psychologists to assess their narrow version of intelligence. I assume you are aware that IQ tests were originally used to assess whether someone was mentally retarded or not, they were never meant to assess genius level intelligence or high intelligence generally.

A degree isn't about a job, it's about what you enjoy. Birmingham is a top russell group uni...

No I know that, but they're no more narrow and one sided than the exams which you have such a raging hard on for.
Because you're implying that I'm unintelligent. It's not the best way of measuring intelligence, but it's as good as if not better than exams. I believe genius level is 140. I have the verbal part of it in the 98% percentile, verified by an educational psychologist.

And how is it bad at all? It's a good grade. But providing you get into the university you want to go to, why does it matter any more than that?

You (i think) said earlier that exam does not measure intelligence. If that is true then neither does IQ. You cant pick and choose and say that because you got "low" grades (well compared to a lot of us on tsr but not in reality) you can somehow win your intellectual reputation back with the IQ quote.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get very frustrated by their narrow minded ways
So if you say we're 'sinking as low as them' then why didn't you reply to one of their posts attacking us?
A degree isn't about a job, it's about what you enjoy. Birmingham is a top russell group uni...

No I know that, but they're no more narrow and one sided than the exams which you have such a raging hard on for.

You are using insult now because I am male. You, like many others, tend to assume that when someone does not display their sex they are male. How childish and sexist. Are you, perhaps, a feminist?

Yeah, I favour examinations as a measure of intelligence because I am biased - just as you are biased towards IQ. I know a degree isn't about a job, I just wanted to study my favourite subject at the best university I could. It just so happens that is one of the best universities in the world.
Original post by the mezzil
You (i think) said earlier that exam does not measure intelligence. If that is true then neither does IQ. You cant pick and choose and say that because you got "low" grades (well compared to a lot of us on tsr but not in reality) you can somehow win your intellectual reputation back with the IQ quote.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually said that IQ doesn't measure intelligence accurately either but it's as good as the exams they insist on using. It was more to prove a point that sticking to one measure and shouting and insisting it's right is bull****
Which university is your 1st choice? Are you too ashamed to admit which one? BBB is underperforming, sorry. There are no two ways about it. Notice how I haven't called you anything like you did to me and others on this thread. Please, just don't insult others needlessly.

Is this a joke, or are you really as contemptuous as a literal reading would imply?
Reply 395
Original post by TommehBoi
As is making an educated guess that someone is an 'underachiever' which is exactly what someone did earlier on on the thread

Yes it is, there is EVIDENCE vis a vis your GRADES!

Its like talking to someone with Amenisa!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are using insult now because I am male. You, like many others, tend to assume that when someone does not display their sex they are male. How childish and sexist. Are you, perhaps, a feminist?

Yeah, I favour examinations as a measure of intelligence because I am biased - just as you are biased towards IQ. I know a degree isn't about a job, I just wanted to study my favourite subject at the best university I could. It just so happens that is one of the best universities in the world.

I would have used it regardless of gender. Yeah I am a feminist, why?

I don't favour IQ actually, if someone has a low IQ I don't automatically assume them to be an idiot like you do if someone has low grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Precisely.
Reply 398

Posted from TSR Mobile

This!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The massive flaw to what you just said is that she probably won't attack another person if their IQ is lower than 133. You on other hand took the piss out of us for going to Birmingham.
Let me guess, that was your autism.

Latest