The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LeonieEmily
I think you need to take one to prove you can work in the U.K. Legally

I've sorted it out, thanks
Original post by zssr
have you got an interview at london euston to ? When and where ? As I have mine on 4th july ( 2mrow) any tips will be greatfull.

Kind regards

I had my Interview last week Monday. I just went in, signed in at Reception and they took me upstairs to a room where they took all ID documents from us. I had taken photocopies of my documents with me, and the lady seemed to be very happy as she didn't have to go and take them. I would say go at least half an hour before your interview, because it does take some time. They also give your other forms to fill up. Remember 2 passport size photos! A number of candidates forgot these, including me, and we had to go and get them on that day after the interview.

The interview itself was with 2 panel members. The questions were simply the 3 competency questions, and in the style of 'Give me an example when…'. They did ask other questions about what I was talking about in between, and possibly some follow up questions hinting to extend your answers more and explain in depth. I really hope this helps! It is simply normal people, they want to see you're confident and able to tackle issues professionally. And there were other workers there that were telling me to just smile :smile:
Original post by hollyrw1992
I logged in on the off chance that I had feedback or any new communications because I sometimes don't get emails and the feedback was on there! Is London Euston your location preference?

I should keep logging in then! I had London Euston as my 1st Preference, and Brighton as one of them too. But looking at what other people are saying, it doesn't seem as if they have places available.
Original post by Shummana
I had my Interview last week Monday. I just went in, signed in at Reception and they took me upstairs to a room where they took all ID documents from us. I had taken photocopies of my documents with me, and the lady seemed to be very happy as she didn't have to go and take them. I would say go at least half an hour before your interview, because it does take some time. They also give your other forms to fill up. Remember 2 passport size photos! A number of candidates forgot these, including me, and we had to go and get them on that day after the interview.

The interview itself was with 2 panel members. The questions were simply the 3 competency questions, and in the style of 'Give me an example when…'. They did ask other questions about what I was talking about in between, and possibly some follow up questions hinting to extend your answers more and explain in depth. I really hope this helps! It is simply normal people, they want to see you're confident and able to tackle issues professionally. And there were other workers there that were telling me to just smile :smile:

Thanks for typing this up. I've got mine tomorrow, and after reading this I'm feeling a little less nervous :biggrin:
Had mine today... fluffed it :/
This is probably a question that no one on here can answer, but thought I'd give it a go. Just wondering if anyone knows how many people in total are going for these positions?
Has anyone heard anything back about their Welcome Event expense claims? Been quite a long while since I sent mine off now.
Original post by T-Star*
Has anyone heard anything back about their Welcome Event expense claims? Been quite a long while since I sent mine off now.

Hi. I haven't had mine back yet. I sent the form in about a week after the event.
Anyone else heard back recently? I still haven't got any feedback.
Original post by Shummana
Anyone else heard back recently? I still haven't got any feedback.

This is getting agonising now isn't it? I've had feedback but I feel like it doesn't mean much because I have no idea how many other people are going for the same location and what their scores were. On the Facebook site it says everyone should know by mid July so that's next week I'm guessing?
Anyone who has been offered a place on the TPDP did you get an email with the offer or did you have to wait for your status to change when you logged in? Not sure if I am wasting my time by logging in every day to see if I have an offer yet! I'm assuming the EO roles will be announced in the same way as the TPDP were
Original post by hollyrw1992
Anyone who has been offered a place on the TPDP did you get an email with the offer or did you have to wait for your status to change when you logged in? Not sure if I am wasting my time by logging in every day to see if I have an offer yet! I'm assuming the EO roles will be announced in the same way as the TPDP were

We just got emails & then later incorrect emails saying we were unsuccessful. I wouldn't trust the email system!
I received an email yesterday at about noon for a HO role in Nottingham, so hopefully all the EO/HO offers will be out v. soon for you all. My start date is 8th of September, does not feel like much time to get everything sorted!
Original post by Purslow20
I received an email yesterday at about noon for a HO role in Nottingham, so hopefully all the EO/HO offers will be out v. soon for you all. My start date is 8th of September, does not feel like much time to get everything sorted!

Do you know how long we get to Accept/Decline the offers? I am basically expecting to hear back about another 3 jobs within the next week or so want to make sure I'm not rushed into a decision....although if they offer me my 1st location I will obviously accept :biggrin:

Congratulations by the way - was Notts your first choice?
(edited 9 years ago)
Is anyone else still waiting for interview feedback? My interview was over a week ago and still haven't had anything
Is anyone else still waiting for interview feedback? My interview was over a week ago and still haven't had anything

I swear I'm the only one who's actually had written feedback!! There are people with offers now so hopefully it will be this week!!

I'm still waiting for it. Would love to get the job, or just feedback would be nice (at some point during this week, had my interview on Friday the fourth). I think they've just forgotten about us, haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 997
I had mine on fourth july at euston... they said mid july so I think we will deffo get an answer this week.
Mine was 23rd June and Euston! Really hope we get replies by the end of this week.
Reply 999
You still have not got a reply since 23rd of june wow... that could mean you will get feedback first then the people who did later interview. God knows how they are working this out.. they doing it all together or doing it one by one.. maybe each location is done differently ? Lol just dont know. See what happens hey!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending