The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Maths :biggrin: Has anyone received a confirmation from Warwick that they have received your personal statement? It is the only uni left that I am waiting for.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
Original post by FH1
Who is applying to Warwick? ... I've applied for Politics. :smile:

Hello,

I also think I'm applying for politics at Warwick. Have you heard much about how competitive it is? I think I'll be predicted AAA in Eng Lit, RS and History but I dont know if most applicants exceed the entry requirements?
Reply 22
Original post by Europa192
Maths :biggrin: Has anyone received a confirmation from Warwick that they have received your personal statement? It is the only uni left that I am waiting for.

Computer science here and I've only received anything off Nottingham and Cambridge, where did you receive emails from?
Reply 23
Original post by Ahopes
Hello,

I also think I'm applying for politics at Warwick. Have you heard much about how competitive it is? I think I'll be predicted AAA in Eng Lit, RS and History but I dont know if most applicants exceed the entry requirements?

I'm actually not sure about the competition to be honest. And I would guess it's a bit of a mix.
Reply 24
Mathematics at Warwick! :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by PrinceyJ
Computer science here and I've only received anything off Nottingham and Cambridge, where did you receive emails from?

Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh and St Andrews :smile:
Original post by excal9
maths and physics (4years)

You may want to intentionally miss the lectures taught by David Wood.
Reply 27
Applying for Maths :smile:
Has anyone received a welcome email from them?
Better yet, has anyone received offers? :smile:
Politics with International Studies!! :biggrin:
Haven't sent my application off yet though...
Reply 29
Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh and St Andrews :smile:

I just got the Durham one today :biggrin:
Applied for chemistry (4 years). I've received confirmation (and one offer) from the other 4 unis I've applied to, Warwick is the only one left.
Reply 31
Accounting and Finance :smile: Anyone here taking a gap year this year?
Reply 32
MathPhys first year here, if anyone has any questions about either department I'll be happy to answer them, or any question about the University in general!
Yet another maths applicant. I haven't heard from them either so far...
I'm a first year maths student, and i'm happy to answer any questions as well :smile:.
Reply 35
Applying for MMathStat! First choice for sure :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36

I'm still waiting! I sent my application off on Tuesday, but all other unis have emailed me back. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by brittanna
I'm a first year maths student, and i'm happy to answer any questions as well :smile:.

Am looking to study Maths&Economics but i live in Scotland so my chances of coming there for an open day is slim. Whats their maths department like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mjj22
Am looking to study Maths&Economics but i live in Scotland so my chances of coming there for an open day is slim. Whats their maths department like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Their maths department is very good (one of the best in the UK). They have a wide range of modules for you to choose from (i'm not exactly sure how it works for economics though).

Reading online, it seems that the first year of maths and economics is the same as the first year maths degree, except you have to do economics 1 and probability B.

Here is the UG handbook if you want to read more about it: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/maths/undergrad/ughandbook/year1

Also, most of the lecturers i've had so far are quite good. They're usually fine for you to come and ask them questions after lectures or during their office hours.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :smile:.
Maths for me!

Quick Reply

Latest