The Student Room Group

Cut Carpe Clean Bulks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry cucumber
Sepsis treatment or similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's unpublished and highly confidential so not going to say more. I'm a trainee patent attorney :tongue:

But generally patent applications will claim every treatment under the sun, and if you patent a new drug for a medical use you also get the rights to any other medical use, however dissimilar.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by illusionz
It's unpublished and highly confidential so not going to say more. I'm a trainee patent attorney :tongue:

But generally patent applications will claim every treatment under the sun, and if you patent a new drug for a medical use you also get the rights to any other medical use, however dissimilar.

Haha fairs

I'm doing research atm on a potential sepsis treatment called VIP, which one of its roles is TNFalpha modulation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
good golly, well done man, reps for jesus
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
x

Try again
Try again

I must query why this has been amended, it is a rather bizarre statement to moderate good sir. :s-smilie:
I must query why this has been amended, it is a rather bizarre statement to moderate good sir. :s-smilie:

Swear filter avoidance
Swear filter avoidance

I see, my sincerest apologies
Immune upregulation leads to all kindza gains

TNFalpha is anabolic bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you selling bro?? And not talcum powder again plez,ty
good golly, well done man, reps for jesus

I only let jesus spot me these days

As an aside, my phone autocorrects jesus to jess...
Original post by Carpediemxx
Thanks. I actually only started deadlifting at the time of the 3rd picture cos i had no idea about technique, then watched an awesome youtube tutorial and it clicked. Injured the hip doing 170kg sumodeadlift, really pissed about it tbh, cos i wanted 200

I am 6ft 1

I realise that this was a long time ago but this thread popped up so thought I'd have a look!
Do you mind sending over the link of that video? I have recently started getting into the gym and have been hesitant to start deadlifting for the same reason (not knowing proper technique and therefore not wanting to try in case I did it wrong and injured myself) even though I know that it is supposed to be one of the best all-round exercises for you.

Apologies if you have already posted this link later on in the thread...

Josh :smile:
Original post by 7ButlerJ
I realise that this was a long time ago but this thread popped up so thought I'd have a look!
Do you mind sending over the link of that video? I have recently started getting into the gym and have been hesitant to start deadlifting for the same reason (not knowing proper technique and therefore not wanting to try in case I did it wrong and injured myself) even though I know that it is supposed to be one of the best all-round exercises for you.

Apologies if you have already posted this link later on in the thread...

Josh :smile:

At the gym, will try and find it when I get home, stay tuned
At the gym, will try and find it when I get home, stay tuned

Cheers man! Look forward to watching :smile:
I only let jesus spot me these days

As an aside, my phone autocorrects jesus to jess...

I would rep for jess allll day
Original post by 7ButlerJ
Cheers man! Look forward to watching :smile:

Can't find it man
Searching for it there are a lot around though, watch plenty and im sure you'll find some common themes
Can't find it man
Searching for it there are a lot around though, watch plenty and im sure you'll find some common themes

Cheers for looking man, I appreciate it :smile:
Haven't updated this for a long time

Since my last entries i had been pretty static tbh, no changes in weight, no changes in size. Still gyming about 4 times a week though, and before i knew it, ive made next to zero progress in a year or more, and actually decreased my strength on deadlift and squat

When i realised this around Christmas time i decided i needed to change something and become more goal orientated again. Before i had met all my lifting goals and was training without much progression.
Therefore i decided to start a goal orientated progression routine, so started 5/3/1

This routine seemed to suit me well as it is quick - i can do each session in 1 hour, it isn't massive volume, but focuses almost entirely on strength - which seems to be my goal currently.

5/3/1 requires you to drop the weight to 90% of your 1 rep max, then calculate lifts each week as a % of that value. Every cycle you add 5kg to lower body and 2.5kg to upper body lifts.

This has actually worked really well so far - and i think its due to psychology. I find that having a set number of reps to achieve means i "have" to do it, i can't just not bother.

I am now 4 cycles in to this and have not had any major fails. I find the hardest week is the 5 week, as i seem to be strong for singles or triples but my endurance is ****.

I am hoping to not gain much weight, but to increase my strength - seems to be working currently. My lower body strength (which is shocking) is going up rapidly
My upper body - bench is increasing, just. Overhead press has gone up alot but i am now struggling. Hoping to keep pushing these though.
Nice to see you back

What's your lifts ATM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice to see you back

What's your lifts ATM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Havent tried max lifts for several months as i am just progressing with the program atm. According to 5/3/1 though i should be on as of this week:

Bench 130kg
Squat 140kg
Deadlift 180kg
OHP 80kg

If i can continue the progression of 2.5kg per month upper body and 5kg lower body, i should be on 150, 177, 213, 100 respectively by the end of the year.
Realistically, the bench i am aiming for is 140, and OHP possibly 87.5kg
Squat and deadlift i think i can get the above numbers, since my starting weight was ridiculously low relative to my pressing
Bench 3's

warmup
90kg x3
105 x3
117.5 x3

Incline dumbells
Pec fly
Tricep stuff
3 hours climbing gym + bouldering

Quick Reply

Latest