The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billydisco
What have I generalized? I just listed a lot of countries which have experienced recent violence due to Islam to show if its just a minority how comes this "minority" are in every single Islamic country? Wonder what they share...... religion?

That everyone in those countries class as terrorists. So now the only countries experiencing violence due to religion are islamic countries? :s
Original post by ChildishHambino
That everyone in those countries class as terrorists. So now the only countries experiencing violence due to religion are islamic countries? :s

Where did I say everyone in those countries are terrorists?

My point is that Islamic countries tend to have an an awful lot of violent conflicts. Or re-worded, why aren't there many peaceful "large" Muslim countries?
Why is this thread even here? There are people on here who are against Islam, yes, but that isn't the same as wishing violence on them. I don't like Osbourne, than doesn't mean I want to see him hurt.
Original post by sparrowhawk4
Why is this thread even here? There are people on here who are against Islam, yes, but that isn't the same as wishing violence on them. I don't like Osbourne, than doesn't mean I want to see him hurt.

The fact is somepeople are judging her on her race and religion and saying if she doesn't want to get abused, she could go back to her country' go back a few pages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
The fact is somepeople are judging her on her race and religion and saying if she doesn't want to get abused, she could go back to her country' go back a few pages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There will always be some people, unfortunately. That goes for anything, any group.
Original post by DK_Tipp
Utter b******t. These islands have been invaded so many times by different tribes, from the Celts, Romans, Vikings, Normans, Saxons and on down the list. Racial purity is a complete nonsensical idea. So some predate the formation of the country, so what? Most of the nations you're empire viciously colonised already had a form of social structure in place. Oh, and your monarchy are descended from German aristocrats. How does that fit with your racial Britain?

Here we go again. The Normans, blah, blah, the Romans, blah, blah, the Saxons, blah, blah. Do you have any idea how many of these people actually settled here or are you just an ignoramus, spouting parrot-fashion from his GSCE textbook?

Culturally and linguistically, yes, the groups you mention had an indelible effect on Britain but they didn't displace the native people by any means. Take the Saxons. Do you think that when these people landed that they swept across the land leaving a trail of mass genocide? If you do, then your opinion is at odds with that of most scholarly opinion on the subject. Estimates for Saxon immigration depend on what you read but typically these range from as little as 20,000 to 200,000. Given that the population of the time was perhaps in the order of 3 million, it's obvious that these people were very much a minority. It explains why it is thought that only around 5%-15% of Britons have Saxon heredity. The same can be said of all the other invaders that you speak of. The Normans for instance migrated in suprisingly low numbers, maybe as little as 10,000. Wiki, incidently, cites a figure of 8000. So unless you're immeasurably stupid or plain ignorant or both, it shouldn't come as a surprise that most white-Britons share around 80% of genetic characteristics with nomadic tribes-people of around 15,000 years ago. These are people who wandered into the area and populated it when it was still joined to the continent.

Oh and by the way, if your cognitive development had progressed beyond that of the average moron you'd know fine well that I'm not talking about racial purity. Neither would you be prattling on about the royal family and empires LOL!

Latest

Trending

Trending