The Student Room Group

Reviews on LSBF

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hi everyone, I am a current student at LSBF Manchester so I will give my honest opinion of the place.

I would 100% discourage anyone planning to attending here.

The tutors I have are amazing but that the only praise I can give LSBF Manchester.
The receptionist is a student also and has the biggest chip on her shoulder possible. The admin staff are ridiculous. All staff at this LSBF (except the tutors I have) must **** roses and fart rainbows. I have never come across a more patronizing, miserable, snobby set of people. in the 15 minute breaks we have that is the only time they will see/speak to students regarding any issues we have. The looks they give you when you do knock on the door is frustrating....come on admin if you don't like the job don't do it.
Then the manager is exactly the same, please correct me if i am wrong but managers are supposed to be approachable right? well this woman has a block of ice replacing her heart and may as well have a sign above her head with an arrow pointing to her saying do not approach.

The whole atmosphere of it is miserable. Literally in the past month or 2 is when we got working Wi-Fi, coffee machine, vending machine, water dispenser and working attendance scanners. we have 3 female toilets for the whole of the students and are currently between 2 buildings on the opposite ends of the road to each other. most people are international students or scruffs wanting student finance without doing their work, most of my class not including me didn't even bother to complete and submit assignments because they just cant be arsed to do the work or cannot understand it due to them not having English as a first language or 2nd language.

I am only still here because I have worked so hard already and wont throw away what i have achieved so far.

If an LSBF rep is on this page I suggest
1) Your staff need to go through a tougher recruitment process, staff are working with people all day so if they cannot enjoy working with people why employ them?? their attitude is all wrong. I for one would love that job role.

2) You need a criteria set out to students applying, my time with my tutor is being taken up by people who cannot understand the brief's and the business terminology.

3) You on behalf of LSBF say sorry for the way people are being treated.

4) You become a whistle blower because you know all I have written is correct and you are allowing it to go ahead.

Thank you
Reply 21
KMO123 tells the truth
Reply 22
Original post by msa_001
KMO123 tells the truth

From the heart that Iv never felt so let down and I don't want anyone else to either
Reply 23
Original post by KMO123
From the heart that Iv never felt so let down and I don't want anyone else to either

thats exactly why i joined. heres a little of my story so people can read.

For people who want to go to LSBF: I went to LSBF Manchester, wont give my name or anything but its the worst place ive ever gone too, ive dropped out and applied to MMU this year 2014, i was studying HND, I am not sure where your attending but let me give you a review of the place. First off all, all this stuff on how they are professional is all a lie because they are not all my class mates actually hated it and most of them have left, second the team for example reception, the staff, they have no idea what they are doing, always giving us wrong timetables every few months, and I attended all my classes then I get an email saying i haven't attended my classes, in fact everyone did, the police had to come because students where arguing and all, so many of them it was unbelievable, then they said i was kicked out, i went to the place and they said and i quote " i don't know who said that or why, your not kicked out but attendance was low" and that was the last straw for me i was so angry because so many other problems, assignments not being handed in when they where.

So many people left from my group that we had to merge with another class, out of like I am not sure now 30 people only 8 remain from my group. Plus they keeping moving the timetables back and fourth you end up coming weeks earlier or weeks later like who knows what crap they give. staff are so dumb with emails they said reply to this email and what was in the email box, it said insert email address like really? Its cheap YES but worth it NO never, DONT do it or anyone who is going there it don't go this is what I've gone through, its the worst place ever.

the teachers are sooo boring its unbelievable like wow, i cant even begin to describe. in quick terms, many left, full of crap, IT and staff are useless and liars like literally liars, like I singed on paper register for months attendance was high few months later attendance low they said you need to swipe with card so i did that then they said you need to do both like hell no enough was enough.

DONT GO WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY
Reply 24
I have read your experience of LSBF and can relate to it so much.

hopefully people will take notice of us
Reply 25
Original post by KMO123
I have read your experience of LSBF and can relate to it so much.

hopefully people will take notice of us

i really hope so. Im glad I left, feel sorry though your still there now but if your finishing this year or next then you should stay and complete it but if you only recently started id leave, i just spoke to my friend who is there today, he said no one is showing up because they not getting their money from finance right now, even that's a problem but stay strong lad, you'll be out soon
Original post by LSBF
Hello there

Thanks for your message. Could you please send us your student number and refund ID number via private message so we can look into your case and address it as soon as possible?

Best regards,
LSBF Team

I have sent the student ID and case ID via private message. awaiting your reply now.
Reply 27
Original post by msa_001
i really hope so. Im glad I left, feel sorry though your still there now but if your finishing this year or next then you should stay and complete it but if you only recently started id leave, i just spoke to my friend who is there today, he said no one is showing up because they not getting their money from finance right now, even that's a problem but stay strong lad, you'll be out soon

iv work too hard to quit now, distinctions is previous assignments so don't want to throw that away, I am there to learn but i pretty much go through the assignment brief with tutor an have to do it all my learning at home anyway.
my class last week had 3 people in including me.

hey, i might complete the course then go back and train the admin team hahaha
Reply 28
lol yeah your right to stay and complete it now, no point letting it go to a waste and yeah lol sort them out big time. they will need it, they realllly reallly need it and I just saw a message from LSBF i would give them your details because ill believe they will kick you out beware

Had forgotten you said you was in Manchester because thats where i went, what is the course your studying?
Reply 29
Original post by KMO123
iv work too hard to quit now, distinctions is previous assignments so don't want to throw that away, I am there to learn but i pretty much go through the assignment brief with tutor an have to do it all my learning at home anyway.
my class last week had 3 people in including me.

hey, i might complete the course then go back and train the admin team hahaha

ol yeah your right to stay and complete it now, no point letting it go to a waste and yeah lol sort them out big time. they will need it, they realllly reallly need it and I just saw a message from LSBF i would give them your details because ill believe they will kick you out beware

Had forgotten you said you was in Manchester because thats where i went, what is the course your studying?
Reply 30
Original post by msa_001
lol yeah your right to stay and complete it now, no point letting it go to a waste and yeah lol sort them out big time. they will need it, they realllly reallly need it and I just saw a message from LSBF i would give them your details because ill believe they will kick you out beware

yeah ill stay and complete it. they do need it.

I wont give them anything they have my money that is it ha

don't really want to put any details on here to be honest, sorry :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by KMO123
yeah ill stay and complete it. they do need it.

I wont give them anything they have my money that is it ha

don't really want to put any details on here to be honest, sorry :smile:

yeah dont worry about its totally cool lol I was there too but yeah im off to MMU now cant wait
Reply 32
Original post by msa_001
yeah dont worry about its totally cool lol I was there too but yeah im off to MMU now cant wait

MMU go you! good luck with it.

its more than likely that we have crossed paths whilst at LSBF as i have just read through your experience again and I had the same issue with signing paper and electronic signing in.

was you at Lindley house? Barlow house? both?
did you do start of the week or end of the week?
Reply 33
Original post by KMO123
MMU go you! good luck with it.

its more than likely that we have crossed paths whilst at LSBF as i have just read through your experience again and I had the same issue with signing paper and electronic signing in.

was you at Lindley house? Barlow house? both?
did you do start of the week or end of the week?

Most timesi was at linely house starting monday and tuesday from 10 till 5 and Wednesday 10 till 1, only recently people have been going to the new barlow house
Reply 34
ah i was at Lindley too but back end of the week. :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by KMO123
ah i was at Lindley too but back end of the week. :smile:

lol dont worry but might have even seen you, you never no, so yh work hard lad, ehh business management with law (with placement) will be hard, no doubt about it but if i dont work hard i wont get nothing so yeah good luck you lad hope your free soon im thinking june or july you will finish if its a 2 year course your doing
Reply 36
Original post by msa_001
lol dont worry but might have even seen you, you never no, so yh work hard lad, ehh business management with law (with placement) will be hard, no doubt about it but if i dont work hard i wont get nothing so yeah good luck you lad hope your free soon im thinking june or july you will finish if its a 2 year course your doing

possibly.

hard work pays off in the end, always so keep your head down.
Reply 37
Original post by KMO123
possibly.

hard work pays off in the end, always so keep your head down.

sorry if i sounded like i was asking info about your course, i meant to say it generally, full degree or HND good luck lol but for you and all others reading if you are completing a HND you can do top ups and MMU my friend said he asked and they said yes but i would clarify that by ringing MMU Manchester but yhh good luck and thanks
Reply 38
dont worry, i just dont want to disclose anything on here with it being a bad review of LSBF and i still attend ha.
Reply 39
Original post by KMO123
dont worry, i just dont want to disclose anything on here with it being a bad review of LSBF and i still attend ha.

lol yeah tc and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending