The Student Room Group

What grades do you expect to get in your GCSEs/what are your predicted grades?

Scroll to see replies

My school base it on ELP's ( expected level of progress) which means they base it on your english and math levels from key stage 2 they also put you into sets based on that. i am in set 1 for everything and I am predicted an A in english and a B in everything else. The basis for elp's is that you are meant ti have jumped up 4 levels if progress frim keystage 2
Reply 61
Original post by Georgia Morgan
Yeah i am reading the right thing, just saying thoses grades you should be proud of.

Awww, thank you! I am very happy with them, it's just on here I often see people with muuuch better, and at my new school there are loads of people with much better, but yeah, I am proud of them :smile: I did better than I thought I would!
If you ever want advice or help on your GCSEs then, I am here if you want :3
Reply 62
8A* and 2A (A's in English Lang and chemistry ) do you think I should resit chemistry for an A* because I want to pick them for A level to do medicine?
So I'm a bit confused whether or not to resit 😣

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
I haven't got my predicted grades officially, I will get them when I go back this half term and do my mocks
But from my Parents Evening, most of my teachers are expecting As and A*s with the except of Design and Technology, which I'm predicted a B, which I'm hoping I can boost up with my theory exam, mainly to prove my teacher wrong, even though i am content with a B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Okkefac
Awww, thank you! I am very happy with them, it's just on here I often see people with muuuch better, and at my new school there are loads of people with much better, but yeah, I am proud of them :smile: I did better than I thought I would!
If you ever want advice or help on your GCSEs then, I am here if you want :3

Thank you that's really kind, i just would like to know what you did to do so well, you should be proud of those grade because even people with better grades did well but you have done a lot better than others. i am about to take my GCSE's in May 2014 and i am very nervous the only GCSE i know i can get an A* in is french at that's it. :frown:
Reply 65
Original post by Georgia Morgan
Thank you that's really kind, i just would like to know what you did to do so well, you should be proud of those grade because even people with better grades did well but you have done a lot better than others. i am about to take my GCSE's in May 2014 and i am very nervous the only GCSE i know i can get an A* in is french at that's it. :frown:

Well revision wise for my May/June exams I started revision in like, April, and basically made revision cards in all my subjects (except maths, English and French) and learnt the content that way just writing them out once really helped me remember them more. I also did some past papers for my sciences and in class we did LOADS for maths. For English and French I didn't revise at all, and they ended up being my two B grades XD (Although I did quite well in the exams).
I really do understand why you're nervous, I only had 1 grade that I knew would definitely be an A* (maths, I also was confident in RE but I was afraid that it was easy to mess up the exam). One A* is still really great, I assume since you seem to be a high achiever you might be considering sixth form next year? If so then just work hard in the subjects you're thinking of taking, prioritise then :smile: (like I knew I wasn't doing art or geography so I didn't focus much on them much at GCSE).
But hey, no need to use the sad face! *huggles* Your predicted grades are good and I bet you'll do fine at GCSE! You probably have a lot of natural talent, which helps.
Reply 66
English Lang and Lit - A*, Maths - A* (achieved), Biology A*, Chemistry A*, Physics A*, French A, History A*, ICT A*, Business A/A*, R.E. A*, Further Maths A* with distinction
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Stats: A* (achieved)

Spoiler

OMG! help pleassseeeeee! what courses are you taking bc my business teacher is PATHETIC! I love subject & extra help would be beneficial...I took a short course in Economics when I was in yr 9 and was the only person in my year to get an A*... I really want to reach that level for my business gcse too! Extra help with maths, the 3 science, both englishs and geo work for me too! :smile::smile:
Original post by rich1334
English Lit: A*
English Lang: A*
Maths: A*
Physics: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Geography: A*
French: A
Humanities: A*
ICT (OCR Nationals Level 2): 3 Distinctions (Apparently = 3 A*s)

Not bad for a state school kid, eh? :tongue:

In all honesty, I think I'll get a B in English; I dislike it with a passion.

EDIT: Oh I got negged for my school predictions, cute.

OMGG! well done but do you have any tip for eng lit and lang, geo HUMANITIES (I have a rubbish class; a rubbish teacher, and I don't like the subject but i'm willing to learn...i want the best grades possible) and IT..i predicted a merit but I WANT a distinction so bad! -- do you have any tips or revision notes for the last two subjects in particular:smile::smile:
english lit : a (achieved )
english lang a/a*
core science a (achieved, 2 marks off an a* :frown: )
additional sci a
georgraphy a
sociology a/a*
general studies a
maths a
german c (ill be lucky if i pass, i hate this awful subject)
I.T pass
RE a/a/*
God i seem pretty thick compared to everyone else now ha
Original post by Surrey Bubble15
In third form, year 9, from a testing thing my school does (called MIDYIS), they predicted I'd get 2A*s and 8As in year 11 (though they don't tell anyone this)

In year 11, I ended up with 10A*s.

do you go to a private school or what? how much revision did you do after school during year 10 and 11?
Original post by Midnightmemories
I work really hard. It's just that I struggle in one subject that they base all the targets on. Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's reassuring :smile:...I know this sounds nerdy but do you do things like repetitively ask the teacher if you don't understand; do extra work/ revision (that isn't necessarily set by your teacher); attend revision lessons after school and take notes in class. I've noticed that these things have helped me and hopefully they will be useful to you too! don't give if you continue to work you'll surprise yourself! :smile:
Reply 72
I'm predicted A* in: English lang+lit, maths, triple science, R.E, history and As in German, French, ICT and P.E. Got my first GCSE tomorrow(Eng lang) and maths on Wednesday and Friday! let's hope it's ok.
Original post by princess:)
OMG! help pleassseeeeee! what courses are you taking bc my business teacher is PATHETIC! I love subject & extra help would be beneficial...I took a short course in Economics when I was in yr 9 and was the only person in my year to get an A*... I really want to reach that level for my business gcse too! Extra help with maths, the 3 science, both englishs and geo work for me too! :smile::smile:

PM (private message) me when you need help! I can definitely help with english lang and lit, maths, business, sciences etc. because they're my favourite subjects :tongue:
english lang - a
english lit - a
maths - b (i expect an a, as i get a b with ease tbh)
science core & additional - b (tbh i expect more a/a*s here haha as i get a b with complete ease in science)
re - a
history - a
pe - b (quite confident i can get an a, as it's easy as hell haha)
german - c (a b would be nice but hahahah, not betting on it)
ict - a (but i'm currently working at an a* and finishing the final module so)

rather than finding target grades a hindrance, i find having a few b's quite good as it makes me want to push myself and get better. also, i'd rather overachieve then possibly underachieve by having very high target grades (as a few people in my school do, who now have to go in for mentoring).

it's so dumb though, our school bases target grades off SATs in year 6 and stuff like your background, where you live, parent's income and marital status and everything combined rather than the standard of work you completed in KS3
im in yr 10 and so far they gave me a G+ IN SCIENCE A d IN eNGLISH e IN MATHS AM I DOING OK FOR YR 10
Original post by JamRose
Math - A* (achieved)
English Lang - A*
English Lit - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Physics - A* (messed up in an exam so I may only be able to achieve an A overall)
R.E - A*
Welsh - A
Geography - A
P.E - B (target grade only)

I've only fully achieved a GCSE in math so far

welsh? I mean i'm doing a gcse in Japanese but i didn't realise you can do one in welsh.
I think I'm capable of:

R.E - A*
English Lit - A / A* (7-9)
English Lang - A / A* (7-9)
P.E - A / A*
Geography - A
Core Science - A
Additional Science - B
German - B / C
Maths - C (5)

At least I would like 5A's, 3B's and 1C
I want and think I can achieve A*s in all my subjects (Art, Biology, Chemistry, German, History, Physics, RE) long as I don't slip up and continue to work hard. I'd be happy with an A in German but nothing else really unless I felt the exam went really badly. For maths, I'd like a 9 but an 8 would be brilliant and I would be fine with a 7. For English language and again a 9 would be great but I'd be really happy with an 8- I'd disappointed with any less in language but a 7 in literature would be fine.
So my best case scenario is 10 A*s/9s most likely is 8 A*s/8s and 2 As/7s. If I got less than an A/7 in anything I would be pretty mad at myself.
English Language - A hopefully
Geography - B I'm crying :frown:
Physics - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Additional Math - A*
Computer Science - A*

Is it still possible to get into Oxbridge if I get a B in English and Geography? It's not that I'm bad at it but I just neglected them. I'm sure I can get A* if I retake them or in A levels. BTW I don't live in UK.

I'll be taking English Literature in November.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest