The Student Room Group

Resitting GCSE's during A-levels

Hi, I've just started sixth and I'm in a new school. My Gcse's were alright (Mainly A*s) , however I want to improve some of my grades. I got a B in English Language, which I did in year 10, I'm disgusted by it, and I want to do medicine, so if I want to be on the same page as my competing applicants I feel as if I need to improve upon it. I also got an A in biology, which I wanted an A* in, but I flopped the summer exam because I had a fever, should I redo it. I'll do the IGCSE as that has no controlled assessment.

Should I even bother, it wont take that much of my time. I know what Im doing for A-level, I've heard crap like universities dont allow gcse resits?!?!?! but that's for alevels right? And will unversities see that I took my gcses over 3 years, will they investigate it. I just want to list my results on my Ucas, without them doing further investigation.

Also I did my GCSEs at a poorly achieving school and now i'm at a grammar school, wont this be a problem when it comes to contextualizing my results and looking at which school I came from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending