The Student Room Group

UCL postgrad applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
they prefer calls over emails. I read that somewhere on their website..

just call 10 days before so they have time to give you an answer
Reply 81
Received unconditional offer for MA History at UCL SSEES. Now I need something to do til September :smile:
Original post by Ritabee
Has anyone applied to the MSc in Developmental and Clinical Practice?

Applied 4 weeks ago...hoping to receive a reply within the next 2 weeks

Hi, with this MSc you have to wait till March, because they have to receive all applications first and then they decide. And interview dates are commencing 17 March.

So, we'll have to wait a lot... let me know if you hear something
Reply 83
hye guys. may i know how long usually it takes for ucl to get back to you guys with an offer?
Reply 84
Original post by parparcita
Hi, with this MSc you have to wait till March, because they have to receive all applications first and then they decide. And interview dates are commencing 17 March.

So, we'll have to wait a lot... let me know if you hear something

I hope that's not that's not the case because I'm an international student applying via a scholarship foundation that requires me to receive an offer before THEIR interview in March.

It seems weird that they would tell us to apply early because places are limited if they're going to wait for all the applications though....
Offer for MSc Global Health and Development!!!
Original post by Ritabee
I hope that's not that's not the case because I'm an international student applying via a scholarship foundation that requires me to receive an offer before THEIR interview in March.

It seems weird that they would tell us to apply early because places are limited if they're going to wait for all the applications though....

Hey, but if you read the programme page you'll see that they state from the beginning their dates. And each MSc has his own admission system.

This is the info I found:

"Deadline for Applications
The deadline for applications is 17th February 2014.
Please note: you are required to provide details of 2 referees on your application, at least one of whom should be academic. We require your references to be completed on or very soon after the application deadline so please bear this in mind when you apply.
Interviews will be held weeks commencing 17th and 24th March 2014. Interviews are held in person for those in the UK and via telephone for applicants who are overseas."

And

"The programme is highly selective and takes a maximum of 12 per year, so students with relevant experience prior to application will be at an advantage."

So, they have to wait till all applicants apply. The admission is not in a rolling basis like other programmes. I'm from overseas too, and I'm going to write about the dates to know for sure if I will get an answer before my application to the scholarship ends (around April).

where are you from anyway?

Reply 87
I heard that they don't usually do the interviews with international students if not absolutely necessary...so I really hope so :P Or they'll just e-mail a set of questions....I'm from Beirut, Lebanon. I'm applying via the Said foundation which I think works in coordination with UCL for this scholarship...so they must have an idea about the deadlines I'd imagine
Well I was going to apply for European Public Policy but I'm not paying £50 just to apply when UCL was always going to be a long shot anyway.
I am being rejected via Portico in mid Jan, and I just received a welcome email from the MA Human Rights course director earlier today to confirm my attendance. Have emailed the Admission Manager to clarify my status.. an evening on a roller-coaster, just wonder if anyone has encountered something similar with their UCL application..with my finger-crossed.
Reply 90
Original post by wakeypuzziegirl
Offer for MSc Global Health and Development!!!

Just wondering how long did it take for them to get back to you? I applied two weeks ago and am awaiting a reply :-s oh and congrats!
Reply 91
Dear all,

Could I check if anyone has applied for the MSc Telecommunications program?
I'm rather anxious about the outcome, have submitted my application on the 16 of Dec 2013.

Original post by Isabella39
Just wondering how long did it take for them to get back to you? I applied two weeks ago and am awaiting a reply :-s oh and congrats!

My application was completed on December 16th, so they got back to me after about 4 weeks if you take into account the 2 weeks of break for the holidays. Give them another 2-3 weeks.
I hope you get an offer. Did you also apply for Global Health and Development? We may be classmates!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by tubanana
Dear all,

Could I check if anyone has applied for the MSc Telecommunications program?
I'm rather anxious about the outcome, have submitted my application on the 16 of Dec 2013.

hello tubanana,

I had applied for the telecommunications program during the beginning of november. I received a conditional offer mid december. They take quite some time to assess the applications, but i believe u shud be getting a response soon enough. feel free to ask me if u have any application related queries. Wishing u an offer too!
Reply 94
Original post by wakeypuzziegirl
My application was completed on December 16th, so they got back to me after about 4 weeks if you take into account the 2 weeks of break for the holidays. Give them another 2-3 weeks.
I hope you get an offer. Did you also apply for Global Health and Development? We may be classmates!

Yeah I applied for the exact same course! :-) Think both of my references were completed by the 23rd of Jan, so hopefully will be hearing back soon! Also applied to Edinburgh and Imperial, but the range of modules at UCL is impressive, even though the cost of living in London does put a damper on things!

I'll let you know when I do hear back from then, hopefully if it's good news I'll be seeing you in September!
Original post by Isabella39
Yeah I applied for the exact same course! :-) Think both of my references were completed by the 23rd of Jan, so hopefully will be hearing back soon! Also applied to Edinburgh and Imperial, but the range of modules at UCL is impressive, even though the cost of living in London does put a damper on things!

I'll let you know when I do hear back from then, hopefully if it's good news I'll be seeing you in September!

I have offers from Edinburgh and LSE as well, still waiting for Oxford. I'll be in contact if I end up choosing UCL!
Reply 96
Received an unconditional offer for MA European Studies: Modern European Studies! Anyone else in this course or a similar European Studies course?
Reply 97
Original post by Pharris925
I got a conditional offer for Publishing MA if there's anyone else similar to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been given an unconditional offer for the Publishing MA, so I could well be seeing you in September!
Reply 98
Can someone speak to accepting/declining offers particularly if you have a conditional offer and don't meet it? I have one unconditional offer and a conditional offer at another Uni. Is it possible to accept the unconditional offer and then not attend the Uni? What does accepting an offer mean in terms of the other Uni's decision?
Reply 99
I applied for a PhD last week. Won't hear back until march though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending