The Student Room Group

Woman cries "rape" after photo's posted online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2462551/Passersbys-photos-videos-woman-raped-sidewalk-Ohio.html

"Horrific photos of an alleged rape in progress have been shared on social media after crowds at a college homecoming celebration chose to take pictures and videos of the sex act rather than stopping it.
The woman seen receiving oral sex in the photos and videos reportedly had no idea what happened to her until the next morning when she saw the photos online.
Many of the photos of incident have been taken down by the Instagram users who originally posted them, but news sites like Buzzfeed have republished them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2462551/Passersbys-photos-videos-woman-raped-sidewalk-Ohio.html#ixzz2i52gtTgC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

I have seen the uncensored photo and she is smiling and looks relaxed. There is no way in hell she was "raped". She was clearly consenting and they were both obviously drunk.

Another case of a woman doing something stupid while drunk and regretting it then willing to ruin another mans life just to save face.

The comments on this website are scary: http://gawker.com/rape-allegations-follow-viral-photo-of-public-sex-at-oh-1445924142

I'm glad i don't have one night stands and the like, but it's very worrying that women will cry rape and an absolute middle finger to real rape victims.

Thoughts?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ilexblue will have a field day with this...
Reply 2
My oh my you have a heart of gold. More concerned that she's enjoying it, and not that some creeps are taking pictures and posting them online...
In that cropped photo they show, surely if it was rape she'd be attempting to push him away or something similar?
Although we can't see the full photo, it looks as if she's leaning back on her arms... :curious:

I'm not sure. I wouldn't really like to say either way.

Still, a little strange that people decided to take photos, but I do think that if it were rape they probably wouldn't have. Another reason to think she was showing no signs of disapproval to the man involved.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Yeah OK
My oh my you have a heart of gold. More concerned that she's enjoying it, and not that some creeps are taking pictures and posting them online...

If i was on a night out and decided to eat out a girl on the street, i'd put money on it being on the interwebs the next day... this is 2013.

And i'm more concerned about the fact this girl would rather ruin a mans life than admit she got too drunk and made a mistake.

I really wish i could post the real photo here, showing both their faces... if you guys saw that, you would know 100% it was not "rape".

Unfortunately it would most likely be illegal to do so.
Reply 5
Original post by Yeah OK
Yet being vulgar in public is perfectly acceptable. :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Just because she was smiling doesn't mean she was necessarily consenting. She was probably out of her mind stoned/drunk.

I'm all against these girls who cry rape when they did something they regret, but if this is true, it's downright sick. Of course she should've taken more responsibility for herself but for someone to take advantage like that......makes you think of the degenerates out there.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Your post is horribly victim blaming. It's disgusting that so many people are happy to jump on the bandwagon of shaming rape victims. Even the article you linked points out people saying the same horrible rubbish as you.
Reply 9
of all the times to cry rape, doing it while people are taking pictures that quite clearly show it isn't rape has to be the most idiotic
Reply 10
Ok, so to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, using the visual proof we have now.

What if the guy was also out of his mind and forgot the next day?
Reply 11
Original post by Messalina
Your post is horribly victim blaming.

Except who is the victim here?
I haven't seen the censored image before, and even I can tell that isn't rape. She better not get away with that accusation.
Reply 13
Your post is horribly victim blaming. It's disgusting that so many people are happy to jump on the bandwagon of shaming rape victims. Even the article you linked points out people saying the same horrible rubbish as you.

In this specific case, do you really think it was actualyl rape?
Reply 14
Original post by Spetznaaz

Another case of a woman doing something stupid while drunk and regretting it then willing to ruin another mans life just to save face.

I'm glad i don't have one night stands and the like, but it's very worrying that women will cry rape and an absolute middle finger to real rape victims.

Yes it is really true men are the TRUE victims of rape. And they are the ones who should be focused on. /sarcasm

We don't know what happened. Yes if she was drunk then she is not of clear mind to give her consent.

I don't like the term "cry rape" either, trivialises the whole matter. False allegation of rape perhaps would be better term to use.
Reply 15

Wow.

First of all let's be clear, the reason i say "rape" and not ,rape, in this case, is because while everywhere/one is describing this as rape, even if it was against her will, it is NOT rape it is sexual assault.

So we have a couple of pictures (that i have seen), one showing a man performing oral sex on a woman who is able to keep herself upright and is clearly enjoying it (and if i remember correctly helping him out by holding her zipper away from his face), the other shows both of them posing for the camera and her still smiling. Both parties had been drinking.

I just don't get people like you..

I would not have sex with a fat unattractive woman in a sober state. I'll shamefully admit for the sake of making my point, i once got extremely drunk and had a one night stand and she was, well.. you get the picture.

We were both drunk, but i was absolutely smashed, she was not.

I of course regretted it and couldn't believe what i'd done (what i could remember).

Was i raped? Did i rape her because she was drunk? Did we rape each other? After all, i would never of consented when sober.

If it was the other way round, and the woman regretted it and decided she was raped, i'm guessing you'd agree and say she was raped because she was too drunk to give consent.

If two people were both as equally drunk, you would probably still agree she was raped, right?

Why is it, a drunk Man who has sex with a drunk Woman who ends up regretting it, is guilty of rape? Why is it only the fact the woman is drunk that people like you take into account?

These guys met on a night out, both drunk out partying. They were obviously talking and showing interest in each other..

So he starts using his fingers and mouth on her, she's enjoying it, doesn't once say no, doesn't once resist, smiles, looks at some randomer taking photo's, smiles...

I'm sorry but at what point did this become a sexual assault? If your answer is, she was too drunk to consent, why was HE not too drunk to consent?

When a guy goes out and get's smashed, why is the responsibility on him to attempt to judge someones alcohol levels, while off his face himself..

When i made my little mistake, i blamed myself for getting stupidly drunk, i didn't blame the girl, accuse her of taking advantage, or run to the police station (and i had my fair amount of shaming from all my mates who were with me on the night out), **** happens and i really shouldn't drink as much, lesson learnt.

If a girl is passed out and/or drunk to a point where she has no idea what's going on around her, and some bloke starts having sex with her, or touching her up, yes that is rape and/or sexual assault and should not be treated lightly, but that is clearly not the case here.

This is a clear cut case of a girl acting like a slut and regretting it the next day, then decides to shout rape as soon as people are like "omg why are you doing that with that guy in that photo".

Original post by Nyheter
Yes it is really true men are the TRUE victims of rape. And they are the ones who should be focused on. /sarcasm

We don't know what happened. Yes if she was drunk then she is not of clear mind to give her consent.

I don't like the term "cry rape" either, trivialises the whole matter. False allegation of rape perhaps would be better term to use.

Never said anything about who the "true" victims of rape are, all i'm saying is it's messed up that this happens, it's also messed up that rape happens, and the "true victims of rape" are anyone male or female who has been raped.

If she was drunk she couldn't give consent? Then why the hell can a man not claim exactly the same? And just fyi, it is not illegal to have sex with a drunk girl, especially if you are drunk yourself.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Spetznaaz
Wow.

First of all let's be clear, the reason i say "rape" and not ,rape, in this case, is because while everywhere/one is describing this as rape, even if it was against her will, it is NOT rape it is sexual assault.

So we have a couple of pictures (that i have seen), one showing a man performing oral sex on a woman who is able to keep herself upright and is clearly enjoying it (and if i remember correctly helping him out by holding her zipper away from his face), the other shows both of them posing for the camera and her still smiling. Both parties had been drinking.

I just don't get people like you..

I would not have sex with a fat unattractive woman in a sober state. I'll shamefully admit for the sake of making my point, i once got extremely drunk and had a one night stand and she was, well.. you get the picture.

We were both drunk, but i was absolutely smashed, she was not.

I of course regretted it and couldn't believe what i'd done (what i could remember).

Was i raped? Did i rape her because she was drunk? Did we rape each other? After all, i would never of consented when sober.

If it was the other way round, and the woman regretted it and decided she was raped, i'm guessing you'd agree and say she was raped because she was too drunk to give consent.

If two people were both as equally drunk, you would probably still agree she was raped, right?

Why is it, a drunk Man who has sex with a drunk Woman who ends up regretting it, is guilty of rape? Why is it only the fact the woman is drunk that people like you take into account?

These guys met on a night out, both drunk out partying. They were obviously talking and showing interest in each other..

So he starts using his fingers and mouth on her, she's enjoying it, doesn't once say no, doesn't once resist, smiles, looks at some randomer taking photo's, smiles...

I'm sorry but at what point did this become a sexual assault? If your answer is, she was too drunk to consent, why was HE not too drunk to consent?

When a guy goes out and get's smashed, why is the responsibility on him to attempt to judge someones alcohol levels, while off his face himself..

When i made my little mistake, i blamed myself for getting stupidly drunk, i didn't blame the girl, accuse her of taking advantage, or run to the police station (and i had my fair amount of shaming from all my mates who were with me on the night out), **** happens and i really shouldn't drink as much, lesson learnt.

If a girl is passed out and/or drunk to a point where she has no idea what's going on around her, and some bloke starts having sex with her, or touching her up, yes that is rape and/or sexual assault and should not be treated lightly, but that is clearly not the case here.

This is a clear cut case of a girl acting like a slut and regretting it the next day, then decides to shout rape as soon as people are like "omg why are you doing that with that guy in that photo".

It's cool that you care so much, but you're a guy on the internet, who's read some stuff that other people have posted on the internet. You have NO idea of what actually happened. You were not there. You have no authority to assume that you know best. Perhaps you should accept that and stop trying to persuade everyone that this woman is lying, when actually you have no ****ing idea what's actually gone on in this situation on the other side of the world.
Reply 17
It's cool that you care so much, but you're a guy on the internet, who's read some stuff that other people have posted on the internet. You have NO idea of what actually happened. You were not there. You have no authority to assume that you know best. Perhaps you should accept that and stop trying to persuade everyone that this woman is lying, when actually you have no ****ing idea what's actually gone on in this situation on the other side of the world.

Pictures are pictures regardless of where you are in the world... in principle I agree with you but there is clear evidence in this case.
Original post by tooosh
Pictures are pictures regardless of where you are in the world... in principle I agree with you but there is clear evidence in this case.

There is evidence that she is smiling. That's it. Smiling does not equal consent, it's a facial expression. Ever heard of scopolamine? It essentially turns you into a zombie who does whatever they're told, against their will, for a matter of hours. People who are drugged on it have done things like gone into their bank and withdrawn all their money to give to whichever criminal drugged them. It's a growing problem in Columbia. Now I'm not saying this girl is on scopolamine, there's no evidence for it - but she was clearly under the influence of something, which may have impaired her ability - the point is YOU DO NOT KNOW. You were not there. A photo is not the only evidence here, and you should not automatically assume that you know everything about the case having seen a couple of photographs.
tfw posted this too
tfw posted uncensored pics in the next post
tfw got 10 points and thread deleted
tfw original post didn't even contain uncensored pic

o

Latest

Trending

Trending