The Student Room Group

Will I get any offer with 3 AS subjects??

Right now i am doing Mathematics, physics, Biology and chemistry
i am thinking of dropping Maths, I do not enjoy it at all , I love my other subjects except Maths and these are the only subjects I can study in my school (I am an international student)
Will i be disadvantaged when applying for university ?????
I want to study pharmacy

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't really know for sure, butI do know that somewhere it said 'students applying to Russell groups universities will be expected to have complete 4as' it depends how high you're aiming :s-smilie:. I know my school wouldn't let anyone drop a subject unless they specified they were definitely not going to university.
You could always drop in after year 12? My teacher said that someone with AAAC at as level will look better than someone with just AAA. I'm just relaying the message.
well 3 AS's at Grade A's are about 150 ucas points, so i would assume you could get into a universit but it wouldn't be a red-brick or Russel group Uni's... try this site for more info :smile:

http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables
Reply 3
Lmao at the above responses...They talk like taking 3 AS levels ruins every hope.

Yes you can get into very good universities with 3 AS's - If they were required, then it will be mentioned in the entry requirements.
I dont think any or many universities even ask for AS levels for courses like Pharmacy.

Also AAAC to AAA isnt such a fair comparison. AS levels take time to revise, so will divert attention from your other subjects. Possibly leading to AABC/ABBC than AAA. I would much rather take the AAA, as it gives myself a better position for A2, assuming certainty on the 3 AS levels.
Additionally the UCAS points excuse = Crap. I doubt any universities deal in them for you course.

If your really hating the subject, drop it, focus on your subjects and get some relevant work experience and you will be more than fine.

Original post by Fatemah4
Right now i am doing Mathematics, physics, Biology and chemistry
i am thinking of dropping Maths, I do not enjoy it at all , I love my other subjects except Maths and these are the only subjects I can study in my school (I am an international student)
Will i be disadvantaged when applying for university ?????
I want to study pharmacy

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest