The Student Room Group

Sixth forms

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bloom77
Oh, yeah, newvic is really good but its not newvic lol, its another one, NCS6 sixth form, I think you'll like it.
I'm gonna apply for woodford, st. angelas, NCS6, chobham and LAE which I heard was good as well, but they use the hardest exam boards. :smile:
what you planning to study at A-levels?

Where's woodford sixth form? And lool i never heard of NCS6 but i will search for it .. i want to study spanish sociology/french , history and textiles but i want to do sociology more than french because i did my french gcse last year and got a b so im scared that i might find difficult to do french for a level.
Original post by iracema16
Where's woodford sixth form? And lool i never heard of NCS6 but i will search for it .. i want to study spanish sociology/french , history and textiles but i want to do sociology more than french because i did my french gcse last year and got a b so im scared that i might find difficult to do french for a level.

Woodford County sixth form, um..I'm not sure lol! I think it's somewhere in chingford. It's an all-girls school, I heard its really good for medical students.
Yeah, NCS6 is new, they haven't really promoted their sixth form very well.
ooh, they're really cool subjects, I haven't known anyone that do those subjects. I hate french so much, my predicted grade is a B.
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History.
I love maths and chemistry and history so much!
I'm just not sure about biology because there is so much memorizing.
I love history because of the content, but I find it hard to get that A*.
I think you should do subjects that your passionate for, if your passionate for french, then go for it. My friends doing medicine, even though she didn't get the 'grades' that the college and university wanted, they still really liked her because she was passionate about the subject and she did work experience as well.
Reply 22
Original post by Bloom77
Woodford County sixth form, um..I'm not sure lol! I think it's somewhere in chingford. It's an all-girls school, I heard its really good for medical students.
Yeah, NCS6 is new, they haven't really promoted their sixth form very well.
ooh, they're really cool subjects, I haven't known anyone that do those subjects. I hate french so much, my predicted grade is a B.
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History.
I love maths and chemistry and history so much!
I'm just not sure about biology because there is so much memorizing.
I love history because of the content, but I find it hard to get that A*.
I think you should do subjects that your passionate for, if your passionate for french, then go for it. My friends doing medicine, even though she didn't get the 'grades' that the college and university wanted, they still really liked her because she was passionate about the subject and she did work experience as well.

The subjects you want to do are very good for uni and the same happens to me i cant get a* in history always getting an a ... i actually hated french in year 10 because it was very hard so i decided to do my gcse last year so this year im only doing spanish but i think that if i do french im not going to be very good at it because i forgot most of the stuff i learnt from year 7 and i heard its very hard i might try to do work experience related to languages because im interested in travelling in the future.
Original post by iracema16
The subjects you want to do are very good for uni and the same happens to me i cant get a* in history always getting an a ... i actually hated french in year 10 because it was very hard so i decided to do my gcse last year so this year im only doing spanish but i think that if i do french im not going to be very good at it because i forgot most of the stuff i learnt from year 7 and i heard its very hard i might try to do work experience related to languages because im interested in travelling in the future.

oh, wow, travelling sounds so cool. Yeah, you could go to France every now and then or you even could just do work experience with French teachers at school. They do that at my school.
Thank you, I'm planning to do medicine, but I don't really want to go towards that route because I did work experience in a hospital and I didn't enjoy it, simply because it was so boring, so dead, so abandoned!
I would like a job with some thriller and action, something like a Junior Doctor perhaps.
Reply 24
Original post by Bloom77
oh, wow, travelling sounds so cool. Yeah, you could go to France every now and then or you even could just do work experience with French teachers at school. They do that at my school.
Thank you, I'm planning to do medicine, but I don't really want to go towards that route because I did work experience in a hospital and I didn't enjoy it, simply because it was so boring, so dead, so abandoned!
I would like a job with some thriller and action, something like a Junior Doctor perhaps.

Im interested in medicine as well but it takes 7 years in uni and i think thats a very long time so after 6th form i want to go uni in america i also hated my work experience place just because i'm not interested in childcare and i couldnt find a place that was about travel and tourism but i heard when you go 6th form they will find you a job in the industry that you are interested.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in medicine, Chobham is not the college to go to. They do not help with securing work experience. The science department is a flop, with some students in one physics class got D's and below in their exam. It doesn't prepare students for university. They treat you like kids.
Original post by Khan1786
If you are interested in pursuing a career in medicine, Chobham is not the college to go to. They do not help with securing work experience. The science department is a flop, with some students in one physics class got D's and below in their exam. It doesn't prepare students for university. They treat you like kids.

what sixth form would you recommend in terms of there attention to medical applicants ?
Original post by Humzaawan123
what sixth form would you recommend in terms of there attention to medical applicants ?

LAE or even NewVic as they have the medicine honours programme.
Original post by Khan1786
LAE or even NewVic as they have the medicine honours programme.

Oh thank you

Quick Reply

Latest