The Student Room Group

GCSE Foundation

Can you do A Levels science with GCSE foundation like 5 in Maths , biology and chemistry
Original post by SamSam07
Can you do A Levels science with GCSE foundation like 5 in Maths , biology and chemistry

The exam boards have no rule that would prevent someone who has take the foundation tier at GCSE taking that same subject at A level.

However, your sixth form or college may have a policy with regards to the minimum grade you should achieve at GCSE. So check with them.
Reply 2
Yes but I applied for two colleges/ sixth form they need min 7 in maths and 6 in biology and chemistry

Original post by DataVenia)The exam boards have no rule that would prevent someone who has take the foundation tier at GCSE taking that same subject at A level.

However, your sixth form or college may have a policy with regards to the minimum grade you should achieve at GCSE. So check with them.
Yes but I applied for two colleges/ sixth form they need min 7 in maths and 6 in biology and chemistry

If those particular colleges / sixth forms require grades that you can't obtain via the foundation tier, then you can't meet their requirements. I assume your application to each has been rejected? Or do they not know you're doing foundation tier?

You need to either find a college / sixth form which doesn't have such a requirement, or pick A level subjects where you can meet whatever GCSE grade requirement they stipulate.
Reply 4
How can I find colleges/ sixth forms which can accept foundation gcse for A Level

(Original post by DataVenia)If those particular colleges / sixth forms require grades that you can't obtain via the foundation tier, then you can't meet their requirements. I assume your application to each has been rejected? Or do they not know you're doing foundation tier?

You need to either find a college / sixth form which doesn't have such a requirement, or pick A level subjects where you can meet whatever GCSE grade requirement they stipulate.
How can I find colleges/ sixth forms which can accept foundation gcse for A Level

There's no short-cut, I'm afraid. Google should be able to find colleges and sixth forms in your area. You'd then need to visit the website of each to establish their entry requirements / admissions policy.

Quick Reply

Latest