The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Randy Orton, really?
The guy with a ridiculous amount of fake tan and always wearing skimpy pants is the pinnacle of masculinity?
Reply 41
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
No it isn't. You're just using pseudo science to justify your misogyny

Original post by Riku

PS while it's good to advocate the whole self-improvement thing regarding males, you're basically saying if you don't have a chiselled jawline you're never going to get laid, which imo is kinda shallow view on romantic relationships

It'll be harder definitely, didn't claim that you can't get laid though.

I don't get why people are so shocked that humans are primitive.

Women go for looks, money and status combined, either one of the three can off-set on in which you're lacking.

Men primarily go for look and youth.

It's better to accept reality than to suffer from cognitive dissonance.
Original post by Le Nombre
Mate you may want to consider the homo route if this is the case. You may not enjoy the sex, but just suck it up. Living with someone whose entire behaviour, plus mannerisms, you don't like is going to make your life a serious struggle...

Never plan to live with a woman anyway unless I can find one in the 1%.

Maybe I will, maybe not. I'm not too worried.

Original post by Riku
What you just said is preeeeety sexist really, basically you're implying 99% of women women are these lust-driven animals who can't use their brains to decide whether they love a guy for who he is or want to **** him, but of course men are above all that and can rationalise our emotions because we're men :rolleyes:

This was far from what I was implying by saying I don't like the mannerism of the modern woman. It wasn't because of what they find attractive [and yes believe it or not both men and women are lust driven], it's the other things they do and get away with [due to white knights].

Original post by lucaf
if anything you are doing the opposite. I like working out and growing a beard and acting macho as much as the next guy, but the douchebaggy way you go about your posts makes me want to shave and find some mascara just so I don't get associated by proximity :rolleyes:

You probably have a neckbeard anyway.

Also LOL at thinking beard is masculine anyway. Hipsters have beards nowadays. Testosterone has no links with beards. Big chins and jaws, big and robust heads, thick necks, broad shoulders and prominent bridge bones are a better indicator of masculinity.

It's actually a big misconception to think beards make a man more masculine.

Also what do you mean macho? I'm not talking about the typical meat head who goes around talking how alpha he is. That is not macho nor alpha.
Original post by Ultimate1

Want to actually reply? Just accept you're a misogynist who hates women, is a latent homo and then we can all go
Reply 43
Original post by MJ1012
Randy Orton, really?
The guy with a ridiculous amount of fake tan and always wearing skimpy pants is the pinnacle of masculinity?

Have you looked at the size of the guy?

brb 6'4'', 245 lbs

brb small eyes

brb big head

Just look at the guy. You wouldn't want to mess with him anywhere.

And of course every man makes a few stupid decisions. Not every man is perfect. So what if he's got a bit of fake tan? It actually looks pretty good on him. And his 'skimpy pants' is actually a normal wrestling attire.
Reply 44
Want to actually reply? Just accept you're a misogynist who hates women, is a latent homo and then we can all go

No one is forcing you to stay here.

You're more than welcome to take your leave and take your ad-homs elsewhere.

My opinion on women is irrelevant to this thread. This thread is not concerned with females but rather males.
No one is forcing you to stay here.

You're more than welcome to take your leave and take your ad-homs elsewhere.

My opinion on women is irrelevant to this thread. This thread is not concerned with females but rather males.

You were wondering why so many people were calling you homo. I have explained why.

Never plan to live with a woman anyway unless I can find one in the 1%.

Maybe I will, maybe not. I'm not too worried.

Is their monetary status that relevant? I mean a bit of inherited is nice, but the 1%'s a high aim man :tongue:

Fair play, probably best avoiding the relationship advice in such circumstances though, kind of like a virgin giving out sex tips.
Reply 47
You were wondering why so many people were calling you homo. I have explained why.

Oh well, so?

Not like as if what people on TSR think is gonna affect my sexuality.

I don't care if they think of me as a latent homo, I'm very secure with my sexuality, thank you very much.

So let me get this straight: A man cannot admire male aesthetics without being homo?
Oh well, so?

Not like as if what people on TSR think is gonna affect my sexuality.

I don't care if they think of me as a latent homo, I'm very secure with my sexuality, thank you very much.

So let me get this straight: A man cannot admire male aesthetics without being homo?

You can admire them, but you're doing something else.

By the way I disagree and prefer large eyes in men. Oh no :eek:
Reply 49

You probably have a neckbeard anyway.

Also LOL at thinking beard is masculine anyway. Hipsters have beards nowadays. Testosterone has no links with beards. Big chins and jaws, big and robust heads, thick necks, broad shoulders and prominent bridge bones are a better indicator of masculinity.

It's actually a big misconception to think beards make a man more masculine.

Also what do you mean macho? I'm not talking about the typical meat head who goes around talking how alpha he is. That is not macho nor alpha.

hey hey hey, no need to insult the beard, it did nothing to you! :tongue: I am fairly masculine looking, only really let down by being short. perfectly willing to admit I have a bit of a napoleon complex from that, but I can't even imagine how insecure I would have to be to make posts like you do.

and no I didn't mean macho in that way, although oh the hypocrisy of you saying that :rolleyes:
Reply 50

It'll be harder definitely, didn't claim that you can't get laid though.

I don't get why people are so shocked that humans are primitive.

Women go for looks, money and status combined, either one of the three can off-set on in which you're lacking.

Men primarily go for look and youth.

It's better to accept reality than to suffer from cognitive dissonance.

This was far from what I was implying by saying I don't like the mannerism of the modern woman. It wasn't because of what they find attractive [and yes believe it or not both men and women are lust driven], it's the other things they do and get away with [due to white knights].

The very fact that we're sitting here (possibly in a bed? Yes I'm sitting in bed, I never claimed to be the hallmark alpha male) talking on a student forum shows that we have the capacity to debate our beliefs and reassess their validity. Ergo we are above our first and foremost instincts, despite the fact we originated as primitive. Not to say we don't ever fall for the instincts-nor that using instinct is always a bad thing-but even if we fail to recognise it in the spur of the moment on a practical level, we at least have the ability to notice the difference on a hypothetical level. Imo anyway.
And the fact you take one scientific study as certifiable proof of your hypothesis, disregarding all romantic/platonic aspects, is cognitive dissonance on your behalf :smile:
Where did I mention or even speak about how masculine I am?

I just stated that what is the masculine standard in men [and ultimately what they should aim for] and what the feminine standard in men is and how I want to see the more of the former being celebrated.

Strong uninformed ad-hom attack.

The male beauty is unrivaled [100% no homo srs].

Wow don't get so defensive. I never said you were or weren't anything.

I actually agree with a few things you say.
Reply 52
Original post by lucaf
hey hey hey, no need to insult the beard, it did nothing to you! :tongue: I am fairly masculine looking, only really let down by being short. perfectly willing to admit I have a bit of a napoleon complex from that, but I can't even imagine how insecure I would have to be to make posts like you do.

TBH I'm not insecure, I just wanted to rant and vent after seeing so many feminine looking guys out in public.

I'm not exactly masculine looking either. I've got a good chin and jaw and that's pretty much my only strong area. My eyes are lacking, so is my brow area. [I think eyes and brow area is the most important factor in looking masculine. You can find quite a few girls who have strong jaws and chins yet still look feminine] Got good facial hair though and height I guess. But apart from that I don't even look very masculine. Only <0.5% of the male population will look anything like the guys in the OP, I put them there for exaggerated purposes, the point I'm getting across is that men should stop looking and acting like feminine pretty boys.

and no I didn't mean macho in that way, although oh the hypocrisy of you saying that :rolleyes:

Calm down bro, I don't want you going all macho on me by tracking my IP down and bashin' my head in :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'd have hoped we'd gotten beyond beating each other up and aiming to make other people scared of us.
Reply 54
TBH I'm not insecure, I just wanted to rant and vent after seeing so many feminine looking guys out in public.

I'm not exactly masculine looking either. I've got a good chin and jaw and that's pretty much my only strong area. My eyes are lacking, so is my brow area. [I think eyes and brow area is the most important factor in looking masculine. You can find quite a few girls who have strong jaws and chins yet still look feminine] Got good facial hair though and height I guess. But apart from that I don't even look very masculine. Only <0.5% of the male population will look anything like the guys in the OP, I put them there for exaggerated purposes, the point I'm getting across is that men should stop looking and acting like feminine pretty boys.

Calm down bro, I don't want you going all macho on me by tracking my IP down and bashin' my head in :tongue:

the feminine pretty boys seem to get laid a-plenty. it isn't my style, but I don't see why they should be discouraged.
Reply 55
omg shut up
Reply 56
Original post by lucaf
the feminine pretty boys seem to get laid a-plenty. it isn't my style, but I don't see why they should be discouraged.

Not gonna lie, most feminine pretty boys do get good looking girls, but from personal experience they usually get them in relationships whereas the masculine guys sleep around a lot.

So I guess the feminine guys do end up winning in a way [if relationships are your thing].

But of course it's not all about getting girls. DOM men have a bigger impact on men.
Reply 57
Not gonna lie, most feminine pretty boys do get good looking girls, but from personal experience they usually get them in relationships whereas the masculine guys sleep around a lot.

So I guess the feminine guys do end up winning in a way [if relationships are your thing].

But of course it's not all about getting girls. DOM men have a bigger impact on men.

so then it all comes down to personal preference, in which case why try to argue that one is better than the other?

and as for dominating other men, how often is that actually important? as other people have pointed out in this thread there are other factors that are more important in commanding respect in modern life, like money, seniority, qualifications etc. being physically intimidating hasn't been something I would have found useful since school.
Reply 58
SMH...Lol this thread is such BS.
Reply 59
Have you looked at the size of the guy?

brb 6'4'', 245 lbs

brb small eyes

brb big head

Just look at the guy. You wouldn't want to mess with him anywhere.

And of course every man makes a few stupid decisions. Not every man is perfect. So what if he's got a bit of fake tan? It actually looks pretty good on him. And his 'skimpy pants' is actually a normal wrestling attire.

I'd rather fight Randy Orton than Jose Aldo ( 5ft7 145 pounds)

Latest