The Student Room Group

Are men deluded when it comes to women wearing make-up?

So many guys (to save twenty or so posts - not all guys) patronisingly say "I prefer women without make-up" or "I want a naturally beautiful women who doesn't need make-up" or even worse, "women don't need make-up. :smile:"

Then they go onto cite some celebrities/ people they believe are beautiful and don't need to wear any, who we should all aspire to be like, and give some examples.

Only 99.9% of the time they're pictures of women who have perfected the application of "flawless-looking natural make-up" that doesn't make it glaringly obvious they're actually wearing any. If you try typing in "[name + no make-up]" you'll see posts of guys waxing lyrical about how great ___ looks with no make-up on... only girls will spot straight away they have quite a lot of concealer and some eyeliner going on. :giggle:

What guys mean to say is "I prefer women with make-up to make them flawless but not enough to notice they're wearing any."
Reply 1
It's my personal opinion that if makeup were to be completely eradicated tomorrow the whole world would be a whole lot ****ing happier. No unrealistically attractive women = fewer self-esteem issues + global male standards would drop heavily when they realise they were just seeing Photoshop.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
I think 99% of girls look better in make-up. What guys like is a "natural" look, they're not saying the shouldn't wear make-up but when used excessively it is worse than wearing none at all.
Reply 3
Original post by CJKay
It's my personal opinion that if makeup were to be completely eradicated tomorrow the whole world would be a whole lot ****ing happier. No unrealistically attractive women = fewer self-esteem issues + global male standards would drop heavily when they realise they were just seeing Photoshop.

Indeed. I don't mind make-up too much but this arrogant attitude some guys have where they think they're doing us favour by saying "don't wear make-up, natural is so much better. :smile:" It's rubbish, they just want women to somehow look flawless effortlessly like they see in unrealistic pictures.
Reply 4
I think guys forget that a lot of girls wear make-up because it makes them feel more confident in themselves and confidence is a very attractive quality

Posted from TSR Mobile
when a man says he likes a women with NO makeup he means natural bobby brown kind of makeup. No colours red or greens or blues on eyelids

Quick Reply

Latest