The Student Room Group

I am doing the Maths Edexcel Higher Exam next week, do I need to know anything about.

Hi I was hoping that someone could tell me what they think the exam pattern is like?
:s-smilie:
I'm just in year 10, and looking to do it (the MATHS GCSE HIGHER LINEAR EDEXCEL PAPER) early. - November 2013

:confused:

Are there questions repeated from past papers?
Any popular topics that show up?
And what is the structure of the exam paper, difficult questions at the end?

Thaaaaaaankks! :cool:
Reply 1
THe structure goes easy questions - hard questions (more marks).
The papers generally will include everything you have covered in class but there will be questions from categories incl. Algebra, shapes (angles/pythagoras theorem) , data handling (graphs).
Make sure to READ THE QUESTION! EVERYONE SAYS IT BUT NOONE ACTUALLY DOES IT SO ALL I RECOMMEND IS READ IT and think about it!!!
Reply 2
There are loads of Edexcel past papers online, check them out, do them at home, believe me it helps alot!
Original post by shazzzz
Hi I was hoping that someone could tell me what they think the exam pattern is like?
:s-smilie:
I'm just in year 10, and looking to do it (the MATHS GCSE HIGHER LINEAR EDEXCEL PAPER) early. - November 2013

:confused:

Are there questions repeated from past papers?
Any popular topics that show up?
And what is the structure of the exam paper, difficult questions at the end?

Thaaaaaaankks! :cool:

Surprised that your school are allowing you to do this exam early as it will hurt their performance table outcomes unless you are guaranteed A/A*?
Reply 4
Original post by Eliza520
THe structure goes easy questions - hard questions (more marks).
The papers generally will include everything you have covered in class but there will be questions from categories incl. Algebra, shapes (angles/pythagoras theorem) , data handling (graphs).
Make sure to READ THE QUESTION! EVERYONE SAYS IT BUT NOONE ACTUALLY DOES IT SO ALL I RECOMMEND IS READ IT and think about it!!!

Reply 5
Original post by Mr M
Surprised that your school are allowing you to do this exam early as it will hurt their performance table outcomes unless you are guaranteed A/A*?

probably A, needed a star, so will do it in june! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending