The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
silence
aaah. some users might have seen how my laptop blew up last week. it only just hit me.. my whole football manager career is over :frown:

i had that. :angry: with my Newcastle game. id won the CL and 5 premiership titles with them in my 11 year career. now i back my fm game once a week/fortnight onto my ipod. JUST INCASE. :biggrin:
Reply 181
gooey
Is anyone up for a Network then?Need a host tho

id be up for it.. give me your msn address in a PM. i cant host either. but we'll find one.
Reply 182
Anyone else playing CM 01/02?

I just got back into it thanks to the world cup. Probably going to wait for the new FM to come out before buying a new copy.

Irritating about how Leeds are ridiculously overrated in the 01/02 game, especially they're damn defenders. Just won the CL/Premiership with Liverpool in my last season. Probably going to move onto new things soon.
Reply 183
Christo
Anyone else playing CM 01/02?

I just got back into it thanks to the world cup. Probably going to wait for the new FM to come out before buying a new copy.

Irritating about how Leeds are ridiculously overrated in the 01/02 game, especially they're damn defenders. Just won the CL/Premiership with Liverpool in my last season. Probably going to move onto new things soon.

cm 01/02 was great. could never go back though. players would annoy me.. plus theres no rooney. but you could snap Zlatan Imbrahimovic Up for a bargin. and there was Martin Palmero & a £1m bargain buy of Aaron Cable from Peterbrough United.. they were my strikeforce.
Reply 184
There was a former Man United schoolboy striker who had Scottish nationality. Oddly enough I NEVER used him while I was Man U manager (similarly, he was never used by the AI Alex Ferguson when I wasn't in charge of Man U), but I once took charge of Scotland, had a look at his stats and thought "This kid's ****ing great". I stuck him in the U21 team and gave him a few games. After he had a few U21 caps, I noticed that for the first time EVER (in whatever game it was), Man Utd were actually giving him games, and in time he managed to impress me enough that I gave him a run in the Scotland senior squad. The only problem is that I can't remember the kid's name for the life of me, so can't sign (or loan) him in my FM06 games :mad: :frown:
Reply 185
Dalimyr
There was a former Man United schoolboy striker who had Scottish nationality. Oddly enough I NEVER used him while I was Man U manager (similarly, he was never used by the AI Alex Ferguson when I wasn't in charge of Man U), but I once took charge of Scotland, had a look at his stats and thought "This kid's ****ing great". I stuck him in the U21 team and gave him a few games. After he had a few U21 caps, I noticed that for the first time EVER (in whatever game it was), Man Utd were actually giving him games, and in time he managed to impress me enough that I gave him a run in the Scotland senior squad. The only problem is that I can't remember the kid's name for the life of me, so can't sign (or loan) him in my FM06 games :mad: :frown:

David Gray?
Reply 186
#2(Laika)
David Gray?
Nope...I hope it wasn't in CM4 (I accidentally broke that game's disc when it fell on the floor and I crushed it under my computer seat's wheel :redface:), but if I install another game I MIGHT be able to find him again :smile:
Reply 187
Dalimyr
Nope...I hope it wasn't in CM4 (I accidentally broke that game's disc when it fell on the floor and I crushed it under my computer seat's wheel :redface:), but if I install another game I MIGHT be able to find him again :smile:

does he still play for Man Utd?
Reply 188
#2(Laika)
does he still play for Man Utd?

Daniel Nardillio.. or was he english...?
Reply 189
Vintage
Daniel Nardillio.. or was he english...?

Daniel Nardiello* i think he was Welsh.....
Fletcher? :teeth:
Reply 191
mc_watson87
Fletcher? :teeth:

Fletcher is a Midfielder not a Striker :p:
Reply 192
#2(Laika)
Daniel Nardiello* i think he was Welsh.....
Indeed he is Welsh...and I always used him - was pretty obvious how great he was :wink:

He's no longer a part of the Man Utd squad, which is why I don't know who it is :s:
#2(Laika)
Fletcher is a Midfielder not a Striker :p:

That's why he wasn't being played :wink:
Reply 194
mc_watson87
That's why he wasn't being played :wink:

lol :biggrin:
Reply 195
Dalimyr
Indeed he is Welsh...and I always used him - was pretty obvious how great he was :wink:

He's no longer a part of the Man Utd squad, which is why I don't know who it is
:s:

i wish i could help Dalimyr...but i just dont remember him for some reason...i'll definitely let ya know if i do come across him.....:smile:
Reply 196
:frown: I like Darren Fletcher...he's a good right winger.
Reply 197
Dalimyr
:frown: I like Darren Fletcher...he's a good right winger.

hes a very good player and is underrated...his passing range and stamina is top draw....
Reply 198
#2(Laika)
hes a very good player and is underrated...his passing range and stamina is top draw....

hes just not world class.
Yes! - First leg of CL semi final v Real Madrid, 1-3 to us!

Top of Die Bundesliga, and on a 15 match unbeaten run - lost one from 29 in the league!

:tsr2:

Latest