The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Zack
Yea that's why I thought it would help, last time there was hardly any choice. Now I'm getting full reports from every match, found 3 to give debuts to already (1 quickly, before Romania steal him!).

Haha I offered Jose U19 role lol, he declined :frown:. I wonder why! :frown:

So I looked for English or Serbian people

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1925/u19lx7.jpg :smile: I like him, even if he did play for Liverpool! I'll give him assistant job eventually, got someone there for now. Hardly extensive CV though as it says, he hasn't had a job since 2005!!

Hehe, should be alright then.

That's a shame because it would have been a good appointment :biggrin:

Ooh, should be a good appointment actually. I'm surprised he wanted to come to Serbia.
Reply 3981
FCUtdWill
Hehe, should be alright then.

That's a shame because it would have been a good appointment :biggrin:

Ooh, should be a good appointment actually. I'm surprised he wanted to come to Serbia.

Yea it's a surprise. I thought he might as he hasn't been in management. If he can get the U19s doing well then it will be good for his future (well in real life it would be, don't know if that's coded into the game!). I thought he might not come even if I offered him assistant though!
Zack
Yea it's a surprise. I thought he might as he hasn't been in management. If he can get the U19s doing well then it will be good for his future (well in real life it would be, don't know if that's coded into the game!). I thought he might not come even if I offered him assistant though!

Hehe.

I suppose if he does well for your under 19's, he could be your assistant coach, would make an interesting appointment.
Reply 3983
What is it with Vidic, booked again! He's off at half time then!

I scored after 25 seconds this time. 2-0 on 30mins, France still at 0-0
Reply 3984
Wooooo 5-0 win. Should have been 7 or something really, hit the post twice in stoppage time! I'm top by 1 goal (Austria 0 - 2 France, Romania 5 - 1 Lithuania), now to try and do well against France this time!

The 25 second goal by the captain is a new Serbian record :biggrin:

Compare and contrast me practically becoming a national hero overnight to England fans not being happy with thier 3-0 win over Andorra (same as real life I think!)!
Nice one mate, a good record that is. :smile:
Reply 3986
I hate these press conferences! I get asked about the effects of selecting so many players that are not from the Serbian league, every single time! And I have caused outrage by "dropping" a player who's injured :rolleyes:
Someone mentioned unlikely results earlier on. I had a pretty unlikely one earlier today:

8-2 vs Everton.

Obviously i was the almighty Portsmouth. Was pretty funny. Was more or less the team that Pompey have in real life. Apart from decent subs..

I like those press conferences, i usually get bored of some though, and storm out in a 'huff' :biggrin:
Zack
I hate these press conferences! I get asked about the effects of selecting so many players that are not from the Serbian league, every single time! And I have caused outrage by "dropping" a player who's injured :rolleyes:

I hate them too at times, they always ask me who is going to win the Premier League. I always say Man City.
Reply 3989
.Andrew.
Someone mentioned unlikely results earlier on. I had a pretty unlikely one earlier today:

8-2 vs Everton.

Obviously i was the almighty Portsmouth. Was pretty funny. Was more or less the team that Pompey have in real life. Apart from decent subs..

I like those press conferences, i usually get bored of some though, and storm out in a 'huff' :biggrin:

Haha crazy!

I like the press confs, but only when there is a chance to think oh what can I say here, how will it affect the team etc, not when you get asked the same thing over and over!

FCUtdWill
I hate them too at times, they always ask me who is going to win the Premier League. I always say Man City.

Haha. I got moaned at in Brazil for saying Sao Paulo every time even though I didn't manage them!!

Haha Steve McMahon is doing a good job, he's had 2 x 3-0 wins and a 4-0 win in Euro U19 Championship quals, which qualified us top of the group with 9 points out of 9!
Reply 3990
Stu Laverty
The Luton challenge is still the biggest.

Bah, Luton's not a challenge. Even the AI can comfortably keep Luton safe with the 30-point deduction. They may start with -30 points but they've got one of the strongest sides in the league. In second season they'd be fighting for automatic promotion, if not top spot.

I've just loaded up one of my games where first season has just finished. If Luton hadn't had the 30-point deduction they've have finished second in the league.

Andrew's challenge is perhaps a touch OTT, but I can give you a challenge that should (in theory) be doable but difficult. Been giving it some thought and I'm pretty happy with it. I'll leave announcing it until Thursday, though :wink:
Zack
Haha. I got moaned at in Brazil for saying Sao Paulo every time even though I didn't manage them!!

Haha Steve McMahon is doing a good job, he's had 2 x 3-0 wins and a 4-0 win in Euro U19 Championship quals, which qualified us top of the group with 9 points out of 9!

Nice to hear he's doing well! :p:

Some good results there.
Zack
Why can't you go on holiday? I have been on holiday with Serbia and for a few days in the Brazil club game

Well the 9 men lost 2-0, not that bad....

I really should have gone for 5-4-1 instead, 5 with 5 at the back, not with 2 wingbacks!

I've downloaded the game... so i can't go on holiday :-s
Hey, can anyone recommend some good cheap players? I've just started an FM09 game vs my friends and I've only got a budget of £4m! Thanks for any help! :smile:
Reply 3994
Arghhhhhhhh England beat me 2-0 earlier :frown:

Shame the media didn't make more of me being English!
Ar5enal Fan
Hey, can anyone recommend some good cheap players? I've just started an FM09 game vs my friends and I've only got a budget of £4m! Thanks for any help! :smile:

Can try and sign Diarra, but depends what team you are.
FCUtdWill
Can try and sign Diarra, but depends what team you are.

I'm Sunderland :frown:
Hmm, Diarra might come, he's worth just over 2mil.

Have a look in the Championship to see if there's any one good.

Or look in the loan market.
Whats everyones addictiveness rating?

Better order another takaway... is mine.
Reply 3999
After my disappointing first season 4th position, I've been playing Chelsea style football this year with a 4321 christmas tree formation. :p:

As soon as I go 2-0 up or I am 1-0 up after 70 minutes I switch to deep defense and counter attack. :biggrin: Got 7 wins on the row using this.

League table:

Spoiler

I think I may hit a bad patch now though due to overconfidence though...

Latest