The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4220
chernij
:o:

Is it done yet? Surely it must be!

lol it stayed at 77% for hours so I turned it off, will get new hard drive eventually (well I'll have a go running chkdsk and stuff on this but doubt it will do anything useful)

Wow. Tosic (one of my main Serbian players in that game) has signed for Man Utd, the team I support in real life :biggrin:
Zack
lol it stayed at 77% for hours so I turned it off, will get new hard drive eventually (well I'll have a go running chkdsk and stuff on this but doubt it will do anything useful)

Wow. Tosic (one of my main Serbian players in that game) has signed for Man Utd, the team I support in real life :biggrin:

Unlucky! But now you can treat yourself to a new 1TB drive :biggrin:
Let's just see how good Tosic is...

I love the data editor.
I support Liverpool, and decided to make a new db where they were richer than Man City. 900M transfer budget! And a huuuge stadium (so big, I've forgotten how big I put it!)
RTC
You would think given that i have had FM 2006,2007 and 2008 that i would know how to do that lol. Are you starting with FC United ?

Haha, I've known how to do that since CM01/02, used it a few times as well.

Plus, FM05 and FM06 used a different editor (opened like a new game of FM) to the one FM07 and FM08 have.

I started on it yesterday, and to my surprise, I've got 20 players who actually play for the club in real life. Managed to sign 5 players along with my original players, won my first friendly against Lancaster City 4-3, a team below FC United and Matlock's division.
Reply 4223
chernij
Unlucky! But now you can treat yourself to a new 1TB drive :biggrin:
Let's just see how good Tosic is...

I love the data editor.
I support Liverpool, and decided to make a new db where they were richer than Man City. 900M transfer budget! And a huuuge stadium (so big, I've forgotten how big I put it!)

Yea. Well I am getting like 30GB for now, store all my files on main PC anyway, but just so I have a laptop to use going to football etc and to play FM :p:. I'll probably do with this until I buy a new one for uni, prices will drop by then too so will get a better one than what’s available now

Hahahahahahah!! Liverpool need all the help they can get :p: That sounds great! What's the limit for the stadiums? In real life the limit is going to be 100k as any bigger than that and fans won't be able to see (apparently the top tier of Wembley is awful, I have only been in lower few so don't know) so interesting to see if FM has this, or if we can get a million fans to turn up to each game!
Zack
Yea. Well I am getting like 30GB for now, store all my files on main PC anyway, but just so I have a laptop to use going to football etc and to play FM :p:. I'll probably do with this until I buy a new one for uni, prices will drop by then too so will get a better one than what’s available now

Hahahahahahah!! Liverpool need all the help they can get :p: That sounds great! What's the limit for the stadiums? In real life the limit is going to be 100k as any bigger than that and fans won't be able to see (apparently the top tier of Wembley is awful, I have only been in lower few so don't know) so interesting to see if FM has this, or if we can get a million fans to turn up to each game!

:p: I hope the prices do drop, or maybe you'll just get better specs for the same price.

The limit... I'm not sure to be honest!

EDITL :frown: I just found out it used Anfield still so only 45000... it's going to change!
I'll post the limit here in a bit...
For 900M, can you give me a list of the best players in the game to buy. Maybe a person for each 4-4-2 position?

EDIT: It's 200,000 according to the editor.
Reply 4226
chernij
:p: I hope the prices do drop, or maybe you'll just get better specs for the same price.

The limit... I'm not sure to be honest!

EDITL :frown: I just found out it used Anfield still so only 45000... it's going to change!

Yea I don't mind about the price but at the moment the specs are so poor. Even the top ones are not that outstanding, it's only the silly money like £1,000+ where I see everything I want! As I probably won't take my PC when I move it looks like I'll be with a laptop for a few years so might as well make it a good one! Even if it doesn't have the good RAM etc now I can upgrade that, it's the ports more than anything (would love HDMI!) FM on TV :rofl:

chernij
For 900M, can you give me a list of the best players in the game to buy. Maybe a person for each 4-4-2 position?

200,000! Double normal then but that'll be funny.

Haha I'll have a look when I can get on the thing! For GK it's got to be Casillas!

Strikers is harder. Torres would certainly be in the squad, if not starting. When he's on form he's amazing but when he's not he's poor!

Right mid has got to be Ronaldo, again when he's on form! To get a Man Utd-Liverpool transfer you'll need the best part of that 900m I think!!
chernij

if you want to find the best players then load up the editor and you can add search filters so it only shows a specific position and filter them by current ability to find players in that position with the best ability in the world.
Zack
Yea I don't mind about the price but at the moment the specs are so poor. Even the top ones are not that outstanding, it's only the silly money like £1,000+ where I see everything I want! As I probably won't take my PC when I move it looks like I'll be with a laptop for a few years so might as well make it a good one! Even if it doesn't have the good RAM etc now I can upgrade that, it's the ports more than anything (would love HDMI!) FM on TV :rofl:

You can get HDMI cheaply; my brother got a blu-ray HDMI laptop for £450!

Zack

200,000! Double normal then but that'll be funny.

Haha I'll have a look when I can get on the thing! For GK it's got to be Casillas!

Strikers is harder. Torres would certainly be in the squad, if not starting. When he's on form he's amazing but when he's not he's poor!

Right mid has got to be Ronaldo, again when he's on form! To get a Man Utd-Liverpool transfer you'll need the best part of that 900m I think!!

Great idea!
Actually, I changed us to "New Anfield" - 200,000 all seater, and apparently it let it be expanded to 1 million capacity on 31st July 2008! Haha I love this thing!
I've started a new game and have a budget of 1.21Billion now :woo: :woo:
mackemforever
if you want to find the best players then load up the editor and you can add search filters so it only shows a specific position and filter them by current ability to find players in that position with the best ability in the world.

Oooh great idea!
chernij

And in my current database (large with a few european leagues running), the best players for a 442 if you don't mind age are:

*this is going purely on their Current Ability, some players may not have the best key stats but have the best overall ability*

GK - Gianluigi Buffon

DR - Sergio Ramos
DC - Rio Ferdinand
DC - John Terry
DL - Darijo Srna

MR - Lionel Messi
MC - Kaka (more attacking of the two)
MC - Michael Essien (more defensive of the two)
ML - Cristiano Ronaldo

FC - Fernando Torres
FC - Wayne Rooney
mackemforever
And in my current database (large with a few european leagues running), the best players for a 442 if you don't mind age are:

*this is going purely on their Current Ability, some players may not have the best key stats but have the best overall ability*

GK - Gianluigi Buffon

DR - Sergio Ramos
DC - Rio Ferdinand
DC - John Terry
DL - Darijo Srna

MR - Lionel Messi
MC - Kaka (more attacking of the two)
MC - Michael Essien (more defensive of the two)
ML - Cristiano Ronaldo

FC - Fernando Torres
FC - Wayne Rooney

Brilliant!
chernij
Great idea!
Actually, I changed us to "New Anfield" - 200,000 all seater, and apparently it let it be expanded to 1 million capacity on 31st July 2008! Haha I love this thing!
I've started a new game and have a budget of 1.21Billion now :woo: :woo:

Be careful when you put stadiums on big capacities, you may go bankrupt because of the stadium maintenance costs.

I did that on CM0102 where I had a 1,000,000,000 seater stadium and £938mil in the bank, went bankrupt within 5 minutes of starting the game.

:smile:
FCUtdWill
Be careful when you put stadiums on big capacities, you may go bankrupt because of the stadium maintenance costs.

I did that on CM0102 where I had a 1,000,000,000 seater stadium and £938mil in the bank, went bankrupt within 5 minutes of starting the game.

:smile:

:O
£938mil gone in 5 minutes?! Crazy!!!!
Well, 1 billion is ridiculous. Surely with a medium ticket price and full capacity, you'd get enough money to cover the costs? :p:
chernij
:O
£938mil gone in 5 minutes?! Crazy!!!!
Well, 1 billion is ridiculous. Surely with a medium ticket price and full capacity, you'd get enough money to cover the costs? :p:

I probably would have, but never got the chance to go to a game because I was bankrupt and had to change my stadium capacity :p:
Reply 4235
FCUtdWill
Haha, I've known how to do that since CM01/02, used it a few times as well.

Plus, FM05 and FM06 used a different editor (opened like a new game of FM) to the one FM07 and FM08 have.

I started on it yesterday, and to my surprise, I've got 20 players who actually play for the club in real life. Managed to sign 5 players along with my original players, won my first friendly against Lancaster City 4-3, a team below FC United and Matlock's division.

Iv not really had time to sit and have a proper play yet. Matlocks biggest win ever IRL was against Lancaster City was 10-0 in 1970's if i remember rightly lol.
RTC
Iv not really had time to sit and have a proper play yet. Matlocks biggest win ever IRL was against Lancaster City was 10-0 in 1970's if i remember rightly lol.

Haha nice.

FC United's is 5-1 last year. :smile:
Reply 4237
FCUtdWill
Haha nice.

FC United's is 5-1 last year. :smile:

Also nice lol. Nice bunch down at FC United thought it was going to be quite rough with a lot of chavs but it turned out to be a lot of nice decent people and was a good laugh.
Reply 4238
mackemforever

Note that this will only apply to the very beginning of the game, and doesn't take random ability into consideration (anyone with 0 CA will have a random CA assigned; similar to those with -10 to 0 PA)
RTC
Also nice lol. Nice bunch down at FC United thought it was going to be quite rough with a lot of chavs but it turned out to be a lot of nice decent people and was a good laugh.

Yeah, it is a nice laugh. I went to watch a match last year, and they were just singing some great songs, as they do when I sometimes listen to the radio with the matches.
Looking forward to the Matlock away match now though :p:

Latest