The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Cardiff_05
Is gago playing defensive mid, or central mid? I'd be tempted to play Gago in defensive mid, Carrick centre, with Giggs AML and Ronaldo AMR, then Rooney and Saha, with Rooney running behind to the AMC position. For this to work, you'd probably want to set gago to be ultra defensive, Carrick in between ultra defensive and average, and have your full backs running forwards, maybe not to the half way line, but a bit less.

yer basically thats how ive done it, rooney is play right up there but yer i will make him amc. Can i ask how will gago become ultra defensive, i asked him to tackle a lot but hes scored 2 goals in the last 4 games.
joanne_v
yer basically thats how ive done it, rooney is play right up there but yer i will make him amc. Can i ask how will gago become ultra defensive, i asked him to tackle a lot but hes scored 2 goals in the last 4 games.

Set his mentality to be the most defensive you can when on your tactics screen, on the player instructions. Also, tell him to do short passes and hold the ball up, that should do the trick. But if he is scoring goals, it may not be worth changing him!
I think we need some Football Manager Society challenges going on. Screenshots would be needed for proof, but some sort of challenges would be great. Plus, how about Football Manager Society records? Get members to compete against each other to be record holders.

Thoughts?
Reply 583
Cardiff_05
I think we need some Football Manager Society challenges going on. Screenshots would be needed for proof, but some sort of challenges would be great. Plus, how about Football Manager Society records? Get members to compete against each other to be record holders.

Thoughts?

records? how you mean? most cup winners? most league winners? most expensive signing? longest in charge? etc?
Vintage
records? how you mean? most cup winners? most league winners? most expensive signing? longest in charge? etc?

Exactly that, as well as longest winning run, most goals in a match (team and player), most goals in a season (team and player), biggest winning margin etc.
My team is the best:smile: in my opinion of course:

VDS
Neville Vidic Albiol Heinze
Carrick Sahin
Ronaldo Rooney Giggs
Saha

2nd team
Kusczach
Rafinha Brown Pique Aleandro Rosi
Scholes .?..
Richardson Anderson Montolivo
Rossi
A
Reply 586
My Derby team is doing very well at the minute;

Camp

Edworthy Leacock Nytanga Camara

Bisgaard Danns Johnson Smith

Howard Lupoli

Currently top of the Championship with 9 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats from 15 games (home record is played 7, won 6, drawn 1, scored 12, conceded 1 :eek: ), and have been knocked out of the Carling Cup after a 1-0 defeat at Anfield, having previously beaten a full-strength Man City side 2-0 :smile:
I've had some bad injuried though - Giles Barnes with a broken ankle (2/3 months), my talisman Matt Oakley with a dislocated shoulder (2/3 months) and a reserve right-winger, James Coutts, with a torn hamstring (2/3 months). Someone I've managed to do well though, Seth Johnson has been brilliant, he has a free-kicks rating of 20 and he's already scored 6 of them this season! Steve Howard has been a revelation, with 9 goals and 6 assists from 12 games, and Arturo Lupoli has 6 goals and 4 assists. I've also got some decent loan players in, Neil Danns from Birmingham has done well in midfield, and Malcolm Christie is a great reserve striker. Woo!

:smile:
Reply 587
I think we need some Football Manager Society challenges going on
Could do :smile: The thought had been crossing my mind, actually...

Downside is that there's no real way of enforcing it - you'd be relying on people to play honestly and not cheat :frown:

I'll see what I can see and try to think of difficult challenges that couldn't be easy to cheat through :biggrin: One's already in my mind but I'd have to see how good it'd be :smile:
Tranquilité
Could do :smile: The thought had been crossing my mind, actually...

Downside is that there's no real way of enforcing it - you'd be relying on people to play honestly and not cheat :frown:

I'll see what I can see and try to think of difficult challenges that couldn't be easy to cheat through :biggrin: One's already in my mind but I'd have to see how good it'd be :smile:

I think the serious players wouldn't cheat, they'd want to complete the challenge as it should be.
BUMP

back to the top
Reply 590
Jsuper
My Derby team is doing very well at the minute;

Camp

Edworthy Leacock Nytanga Camara

Bisgaard Danns Johnson Smith

Howard Lupoli

Currently top of the Championship with 9 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats from 15 games (home record is played 7, won 6, drawn 1, scored 12, conceded 1 :eek: ), and have been knocked out of the Carling Cup after a 1-0 defeat at Anfield, having previously beaten a full-strength Man City side 2-0 :smile:
I've had some bad injuried though - Giles Barnes with a broken ankle (2/3 months), my talisman Matt Oakley with a dislocated shoulder (2/3 months) and a reserve right-winger, James Coutts, with a torn hamstring (2/3 months). Someone I've managed to do well though, Seth Johnson has been brilliant, he has a free-kicks rating of 20 and he's already scored 6 of them this season! Steve Howard has been a revelation, with 9 goals and 6 assists from 12 games, and Arturo Lupoli has 6 goals and 4 assists. I've also got some decent loan players in, Neil Danns from Birmingham has done well in midfield, and Malcolm Christie is a great reserve striker. Woo!

:smile:

My online game with Pompey is going good... i made an unbelievable survival at the end of last season (2nd season) i was 8 points adrift with 8 games to go.. i survived :biggrin:

25 games in this season im 13th.. Janurary window has just closed.. this is my first team squad!

David James

Glenn Johnson Zat Knight Michel Schmoller George McCartney

Jean II Makoun

James Milner Sebastian Pocognoli

Gonzalo Higuain

Cesar Delgado Jermain Defoe

Subs,
Martin Dingemann (gk)
Sol Campbell
Billy Jones
Micheal Ball
Falzi Kocobas
Lee Hendrie
Thomas Sivok
Sherman Cardenas
Jermaine Pennant
Ryan Giggs
Lomano Lua Lua
Andy Carroll.
I am afraid still on FM 06 but I thought I would list a few players who had either been hits or flops over the games I've played! I hav axtually been every Premiership team at least once! Any of you bought these players and had similar outcomes.

HITS
Dejan Stankovic, 21M, Inter to Arsenal
Rolf Christel Guie-Mien, 750K, Koln to Bolton
Adriano, Christian Chivu, Carlos Tevez, to Chelsea, 95m all together. Superb! all of them!
Mark Bresciano, £15m, Parma to Everton
Elano, 18m, Shakhtar Donetsk to Liverpool
Darijo Srna, 8.75m, Shakhtar Donetsk to Pompey
Javi Prats and Matt Jansen, FREE, to Reading
DaMarcus Beasley, 7.25m, PSV to Tottenham
Dudu Cearense, FREE, to Watford
Eugeny Aldonin, 1.6m, CSKA Moscow to West Ham
Fernando Cavenaghi, 11.5m, Spartak Moscow and Junichi Inamoto, 1.3m, West Brom both to Wigan!

FLOPS
Hans Sarpei, 1.1M, Wolfsburg to Villa
Juan Manuel Ortiz, 1.3m, Osasuna to Blackburn
Kim Kallstrom, 4.5m, Rennes to Charlton
Theo Janssen, 2m, Vitesse to Everton
Nasir El Kasmi, 5m, Duisburg to Man.City
Claudio Pizarro, 20m, Bayern to ManUtd
Mirko Hrgovic, 5m, Wolfsburg to Boro'
Thiago Motta, 4.5m, Barcelona to Newcastle
Reply 592
ChubbyChutton
I am afraid still on FM 06 but I thought I would list a few players who had either been hits or flops over the games I've played! I hav axtually been every Premiership team at least once! Any of you bought these players and had similar outcomes.

HITS
Dejan Stankovic, 21M, Inter to Arsenal
Rolf Christel Guie-Mien, 750K, Koln to Bolton
Adriano, Christian Chivu, Carlos Tevez, to Chelsea, 95m all together. Superb! all of them!
Mark Bresciano, £15m, Parma to Everton
Elano, 18m, Shakhtar Donetsk to Liverpool
Darijo Srna, 8.75m, Shakhtar Donetsk to Pompey
Javi Prats and Matt Jansen, FREE, to Reading
DaMarcus Beasley, 7.25m, PSV to Tottenham
Dudu Cearense, FREE, to Watford
Eugeny Aldonin, 1.6m, CSKA Moscow to West Ham
Fernando Cavenaghi, 11.5m, Spartak Moscow and Junichi Inamoto, 1.3m, West Brom both to Wigan!

FLOPS
Hans Sarpei, 1.1M, Wolfsburg to Villa
Juan Manuel Ortiz, 1.3m, Osasuna to Blackburn
Kim Kallstrom, 4.5m, Rennes to Charlton
Theo Janssen, 2m, Vitesse to Everton
Nasir El Kasmi, 5m, Duisburg to Man.City
Claudio Pizarro, 20m, Bayern to ManUtd
Mirko Hrgovic, 5m, Wolfsburg to Boro'
Thiago Motta, 4.5m, Barcelona to Newcastle

Get fm07 :P

My SP game with Newcastle is going ok.. im 4th.. only lost to chelsea this season.. beat man utd 4-0 :biggrin: Kerlon is on fire! but ive just lost a few players to injury and ive got a small squad as it is :frown:
Reply 593
Right, got a challenge :smile:

Dali's FM2007 Challenge #1
Lux a big part of the game
Choose any league that starts in summer 2006. Play as Luxembourg (who, ranked 196th in the world out of 208, are the worst nation in Europe). Your task is rather simple - just don't come bottom in the Euro 2008 qualifying group.

Even though the task may sound easy enough, I'll point out that in my Raceview game (which is at August 2008), Luxembourg failed to score a single goal in the contest, and conceded 35 goals in 12 matches. Only one other team failed to score any goals (San Marino) and only one other team conceded as many goals (Armenia).

To any and all who wish to take this challenge, good luck :smile:
For anyone who actually manages to succeed in the challenge, I'll probably give you some rep :biggrin:
Dalimyr

Choose any league that starts in summer 2006. Play as Luxembourg (who, ranked 196th in the world out of 208, are the worst nation in Europe). Your task is rather simple - just don't come bottom in the Euro 2008 qualifying group.

Even though the task may sound easy enough, I'll point out that in my Raceview game (which is at August 2008), Luxembourg failed to score a single goal in the contest, and conceded 35 goals in 12 matches. Only one other team failed to score any goals (San Marino) and only one other team conceded as many goals (Armenia).

For anyone who actually manages to succeed in the challenge, I'll probably give you some rep :biggrin:

I like! Will try this later on. I guess loading all players from Luxembourg will be very useful!
Reply 595
Cardiff_05
I like! Will try this later on. I guess loading all players from Luxembourg will be very useful!

Of course :smile:
I've been trying to think up some interesting challenges, and here is the first i could think up.

Using whatever team you wish, against whichever team you want to play against (and whatever players you want to bring into the club), see how badly you can get your side beaten!
Reply 597
Dalimyr

heh.. EASY! :P
Reply 598
Eru Iluvatar
I've been trying to think up some interesting challenges, and here is the first i could think up.

Using whatever team you wish, against whichever team you want to play against (and whatever players you want to bring into the club), see how badly you can get your side beaten!

thats easy, play a bad formation, youth players in wrong positions (striker as a keeper. goalies as defence etc.) - could easily be stuffed by at least 12 goals
fernando
thats easy, play a bad formation, youth players in wrong positions (striker as a keeper. goalies as defence etc.) - could easily be stuffed by at least 12 goals

yes, but i want to see spectacularly bad results, not just a bit bad, see how awful people can get.

Latest