The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cardiff_05
Yeah, Talybont is wicked. You a current/former student? The Tesco is so handy, not been to the McD's yet!

Nope, I study at Leeds!

But I spent a lot of time in Talybont last year at weekends! :wink:

Good place! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1121
Cardiff_05
Yeah, Talybont is wicked. You a current/former student? The Tesco is so handy, not been to the McD's yet!

Senghennydd Court is the best though! None of this 20minuite+ walk into town! :biggrin:

Just about to download the new patch. My last game where I went on holiday for a year then managed a crappy team crashed and burned. Margate - possibly the worst team i have ever managed on CM/FM!!:frown:
benmathewjones
Senghennydd Court is the best though! None of this 20minuite+ walk into town! :biggrin:

Just about to download the new patch. My last game where I went on holiday for a year then managed a crappy team crashed and burned. Margate - possibly the worst team i have ever managed on CM/FM!!:frown:

I understand what you are saying, thankfully next year I'm living on Senghennydd Road! I am bound to become lazy!
Reply 1123
decola
In my game they always seem to contest the final of the world cup.
Can't say I've seen that ;no; To be fair, the US have a hell of an easy time in qualification - so many of the teams in the North American qualification are so weak that the US and Mexico have little difficulty in securing world cup spots. Perfectly possible for them to get lucky in a few matches in the world cup and do well :smile:

But then again, i've seen Azerbaijan beat France 2-0..
Remember that such 'shock results' happen all the time in real life, though they seem to happen to France more than any other big team. Despite winning the World Cup and European Championship less than a decade ago, France have succumbed to Switzerland (2006), Greece (2004) and Senegal (2002) in recent years, and that's just in major tournaments, not even mentioning results such as their loss to Scotland in the Euro 2008 qualifiers. Northern Ireland have beaten Spain and England, while Italy could only manage a draw against USA and Germany couldn't defeat lowly Cyprus.
Still, I prefer some of the surprise results FM produces - Ireland winning the world cup is one of the best things I've ever seen in the game :biggrin:
Reply 1124
Lol this thread has been taken over by Cardiff Students! I was in Taly South house 14 last year (that's the one Dan meant), living in the ghetto that is Cathays this year :biggrin:
Reply 1125
Oi :hmmm: Go to the Cardiff forum if you want to talk about it instead of spamming in here :frown:
Dalimyr
Oi :hmmm: Go to the Cardiff forum if you want to talk about it instead of spamming in here :frown:

Whoops!
Reply 1127
Dalimyr

Sorry :frown:. (Although Dan started it! As a minimod I don't think he's setting a very good example :p:)
Couple of questions

1) How do i go about the training mode ? i want to start using it to improve my players...

2) How come i get players who are complaining about not playing....even though they are...and how do i make them happy so they sign a new contract and dont go away via bosman :biggrin:
ALEXnk
Couple of questions

1) How do i go about the training mode ? i want to start using it to improve my players...

2) How come i get players who are complaining about not playing....even though they are...and how do i make them happy so they sign a new contract and dont go away via bosman :biggrin:

1) You can set up new schedules for Defenders, Midfielders, Strikers, or if you want, put each player on a seperate schedule, to cater for their needs and to make the most out of them.

2) If they are playing regularly after complaining, they should quieten down sometime soon. Unless they were rested for a game, which they could interpret as dropped. A bit of media praise may do the trick for that and the Bosman issue.

HTH
Ah ok thanks

I think ill try giving each player a seperate schedule and see how that works

Usually my work load is just under medium, is it ok if i up it up so its heavy?
Reply 1131
Usually my work load is just under medium, is it ok if i up it up so its heavy?
Just under medium? God, you're giving them an easy time. Crank it up :wink: Each player will be different, but they should all be fine with a schedule somewhere between medium and heavy. Give them a pretty heavy schedule during pre-season, and knock it down a bit once the season starts :smile:

should i put injured players on rest ? because i havent been doing that and some of the injured players stats have dropped big time lol

sorry for all the questions but im really quite clueless with all this training malarky ;danceboy;
ALEXnk

should i put injured players on rest ? because i havent been doing that and some of the injured players stats have dropped big time lol

sorry for all the questions but im really quite clueless with all this training malarky ;danceboy;

The stats drop naturally, I had Giles Barnes injured for 4 months, his stats dropped to almost all below 10, his physical ones anyway! Very realistic though, proves that lots of game time is needed before a player is back to his best. And injured players automatically rest, until they return to light training.
Bad tempered game here
Ziggy Stardust
Bad tempered game here

i love the games where the other team get constantly booked - you just want there to be a red!
Dalimyr

Well said Dali - we can do without people spamming this thread.

FM talk ONLY! :wink:
Reply 1137
Ziggy Stardust
Well said Dali - we can do without people spamming this thread.

FM talk ONLY! :wink:

Well, CM/PM/LMA/whatever talk is alright as well...I only named the soc after the best of the bunch :p:
Basically my pc is broke so cant play fm 07, I have reverted to fm 06 on my dads laptop which runs macintosh. It used to load it when I played it a while ago, but now when I click to run fm 06 it just goes to a black screen and nothing happens. Anyone got any suggestions on what I can do to run it, im getting fm withdrawal symptoms. Thx.
Reply 1139
DarkLight18
Basically my pc is broke so cant play fm 07, I have reverted to fm 06 on my dads laptop which runs macintosh. It used to load it when I played it a while ago, but now when I click to run fm 06 it just goes to a black screen and nothing happens. Anyone got any suggestions on what I can do to run it, im getting fm withdrawal symptoms. Thx.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling?

Latest