The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
decola

Woot woot

Not bad :smile:

:wink:
Reply 1321
These youngsters are making me miss my old Maidenhead game...a conference team with the next Roy Keane, the next Michael Owen and three kick-ass 16-year-old defenders (who weren't touted by the media as anything but probably should have been) was something I was quite proud of :biggrin:
Reply 1322
Just one example of what im moaning about

Every shot on target is a goal?! I give up!
Just had the most involving and tense game I have ever experienced on FM07!

Managing Hull City, in 8th place before the game, 45th of 46 league games. I was 4 points behind the playoffs, on 69 points with Birmingham level in 7th place, and West Brom on 73 points. They are the only team not yet certain of their playoff place, and the only team I canmathematiclly catch. Going into the game at the KC Stadium against Burnley, we have had a brilliant season, reachign the FA Cup quarter final after beating Reading in extra time in the replay( drew 4-4 at Reading, drew 1-1 in the replay after 90 mins, then we scored in extra time to win it.) West Brom were at Plymouth, and Birmingham were playing at Ipswich. Amazingly, 4th placed Plymouth beat West Brom 2-1 and Birmingham lost at 14th placed Ipswich 7-0 (!!!).

But it doesn't end there. My Hull side managed to beat Burnley 6-5!!!!!

I lost my 14 goal target man Jon Parkin to injury after 7 minutes, and Burnley took the lead after 16 minutes through an Andy Gray penalty. He then doubled the lead two minutes later. Parkin's replacement, Izale McLeod, who I splashed £650,000 on at the start of the season, resulting in 2 goals in 8 starts and 10 sub appearances, before a successful loan spell at Tranmere resulted in 8 goals in 15, got a goal back in the 20th minute for me, before Kyle LAfferty made it 3-1 to Burnley in the 28th minute. My on loan defender Matthew Connolly got it back to 2-3 in the 37th minute then Mcleod got his 4th goal in a Hull shirt two minutes later. By this time I was starting to believe tht we may just win this. 3 minutes later, McLeod got his hat-trick, and we led 4-3 at half time.
On the stroke of half time, my midfield maestro, Balazs Dzsudzsak was injured, a player signed for £180,000 and who has, despite having 2 months off injured, scored 10 goals and had 7 assist before the Burnley game.

In the second half, Andy Gray got his hat trick in the 55th minutes and Lafferty made it 5-4 to Burnley with his second goal.

THEN...McLeod scored an amazing 4th goal, as a 7th minute substitute, in the 68th minute. 5-5.

And who else to win it for me, but local lad, 38 year old striker Dean Windass, on loan from Bradford, with his 12th goal of the season in the 79th minute! Brilliant, an amazing win, made even more brilliant after I found out the other results and realised that the last play off place was still within reach.

Downside is that Parkin is out for 3-5 months with a torn calf muscle, and Dzsudzsak is out for 2 weeks wit ha twisted knee.

The final days fixtures are:

Birmingham, in 9th place now, host Champions Wolves
Stoke, now level with me in 8th, go to Burnley, who I beat 6-5!
17th placed Southend host my Hull team, in 7th...and
West Brom, on 73 points as opposed to mine and Stoke's 72 points, host 15th placed Cardiff.

Tense last day coming up!
Reply 1324
Nice work cardiff :yy: Let us know how you finish off the season!
Reply 1325
Quick question: how do i stop my team getting a rediculous proportion of shots off target? (Front two are Kuyt and Delgado)

Delgado has 26 in 51, Kuyt has 25 in 52 appearances. Are these reasonable enough?
guys when is FM2008 coming out? i deleted 07 from my PC and gave me DVD to a friend but im getting restless now! i want to play Fm again...but not the old versions. has it been confirmed? will it be out in Octoberish 07 as usual?
Reply 1327
domisakin
Quick question: how do i stop my team getting a rediculous proportion of shots off target? (Front two are Kuyt and Delgado)

Delgado has 26 in 51, Kuyt has 25 in 52 appearances. Are these reasonable enough?
They're getting an average of one shot off target every two games, and you're complaining about that? :s: How many shots on target are they getting?

abrp
guys when is FM2008 coming out?
It's not been announced yet...probably mid-Autumn as usual, though :smile:
Reply 1328
Dalimyr
They're getting an average of one shot off target every two games...

:laugh: If only! That was a goals to games ratio (sorry for the confusion)

After checking: Delgado has a 48% on target average, and Kuyt a 56% average. Better than i thought, but still dire (lol)
domisakin
:laugh: If only! That was a goals to games ratio (sorry for the confusion)

After checking: Delgado has a 48% on target average, and Kuyt a 56% average. Better than i thought, but still dire (lol)

Use Bellamy who is faster and and put him against your oppositions slowest DC on pitch. Give Xabi alonso MUCH creative role and get him to put a lot of through balls for bellamy to latch onto at high tornado speed. bellamy has the same finishing rating as kuyt so should be able to see more chances off before the defenders or GK reads the game. I have found that if your defenders can't deal with these through balls and the pace of a striker, chance is at some stage the GK just gives up and stops making those miraculous saves as well>So goals will start flooding in. By the way, the opposition will switch and put the faster defender back onto your fastest striker,so check their tactics every now and then and keep swappping your strikers accordingly.

chances are at some stage in the game your players have been punched,body chcked ........and you get a free kick or something. Get someone like Riise or Xabi alonso to take these free kicks if from the edge of the area>>They will score due to their high ratings.

Use Crouch(if you have not sold him) as a target man who will bring in your midfielders into games and if your midfielders have amazing long shots and finishing, then set them to take these long shots more often>>>One of which will go in if they latch onto these well.

Know your opponent well and your opponent may use the same striker switching tactic on your defenders as well. Switch your defenders if the opponent keep putting their pacy striker against Carragher.

Lastly buy some good, pacy defenders with high concentrations(a high rating means less mistakes) and anticipations(a must if you want a defender to read the game well) and not just big Arnold Schwarzneggers (like Samba of Blackburn) with just a lot of strength.

sorry for the Essay>>>I am so ******* excited about going into the final of EURO CUP after beating Inter on away goals............Although West Ham Vs Werder Bremen will probably be another tight ****ing affair! This is going to be so hard, one match, no away goals to hold onto + the calibre of Werder Bremen as an opponent so west ham better ****ing prepare for some attacking football and defending........
Can some have a go at making a tactic for me? As well as team instructions.
domisakin
Nice work cardiff :yy: Let us know how you finish off the season!

Drew 1-1 at Southend, but West Brom and Stoke also won, so Championship football again!
Reply 1332
jo_ukcrew03
Use Bellamy who is faster and and put him against your oppositions slowest DC on pitch. Give Xabi alonso MUCH creative role and get him to put a lot of through balls for bellamy to latch onto at high tornado speed. bellamy has the same finishing rating as kuyt so should be able to see more chances off before the defenders or GK reads the game. I have found that if your defenders can't deal with these through balls and the pace of a striker, chance is at some stage the GK just gives up and stops making those miraculous saves as well>So goals will start flooding in. By the way, the opposition will switch and put the faster defender back onto your fastest striker,so check their tactics every now and then and keep swappping your strikers accordingly.

chances are at some stage in the game your players have been punched,body chcked ........and you get a free kick or something. Get someone like Riise or Xabi alonso to take these free kicks if from the edge of the area>>They will score due to their high ratings.

Use Crouch(if you have not sold him) as a target man who will bring in your midfielders into games and if your midfielders have amazing long shots and finishing, then set them to take these long shots more often>>>One of which will go in if they latch onto these well.

Know your opponent well and your opponent may use the same striker switching tactic on your defenders as well. Switch your defenders if the opponent keep putting their pacy striker against Carragher.

Lastly buy some good, pacy defenders with high concentrations(a high rating means less mistakes) and anticipations(a must if you want a defender to read the game well) and not just big Arnold Schwarzneggers (like Samba of Blackburn) with just a lot of strength.

sorry for the Essay>>>I am so ******* excited about going into the final of EURO CUP after beating Inter on away goals............Although West Ham Vs Werder Bremen will probably be another tight ****ing affair! This is going to be so hard, one match, no away goals to hold onto + the calibre of Werder Bremen as an opponent so west ham better ****ing prepare for some attacking football and defending........

Thanks for the help! Ive just completed my first season, so will put your advice to good use. Sadly, ive already sold both Crouch and Bellamy (lol), but have signed Sobis (who pretty much fits Bellamy's role perfectly). Will post a screenie of my first team :yy:

By Euro Cup, im guessing you mean Uefa rite? Good luck against werder though lol. My first season has been pityful. A good run of form near the end saw me finish the league second (9 points behind chelski) and knocked out of the semi's of the CL. I was...giant killed...(for lack of a better word) by Barnet and Leeds in the earlier rounds of the FA cup and Carling Cup - serves me right for cheekily giving the kids a run out! But alas, im not the type to save and reload the game *sigh*
Reply 1333
Cardiff_05
Drew 1-1 at Southend, but West Brom and Stoke also won, so Championship football again!

arrrghhh! I feel your pain :p:
domisakin
Thanks for the help! Ive just completed my first season, so will put your advice to good use. Sadly, ive already sold both Crouch and Bellamy (lol), but have signed Sobis (who pretty much fits Bellamy's role perfectly). Will post a screenie of my first team :yy:

By Euro Cup, im guessing you mean Uefa rite? Good luck against werder though lol. My first season has been pityful. A good run of form near the end saw me finish the league second (9 points behind chelski) and knocked out of the semi's of the CL. I was...giant killed...(for lack of a better word) by Barnet and Leeds in the earlier rounds of the FA cup and Carling Cup - serves me right for cheekily giving the kids a run out! But alas, im not the type to save and reload the game *sigh*

I think we pretty much share the same mentality about giving the kids a run out in the domestic cup competitions>although I learned that from the Professor. We lost against Chelsea in the carliing cup who went on to win the competition. I played some awesome talented kids in the FA cup and they went as far as the semi final before my professors 11 year olds beat us 0-7! Arsenal had some really good talents like Vela,merida,Mark Randall and others and they were fring shots from all over the pitch. I think one of the Hammer kids **** himself because he was just standing there after the score reached 0-5 to Arsenal. Wonder what he did by the end of the match..........

At the moment things are tight in the premiership. I am on an unbeaten run but just drew against Newcastle at St James's Park 1-1. I think chelsea will probably run away with the title this year too,doing it for the fourth time in a row. We are just 2 points behind them but we will have to go to Stamford bridge and then tottenham whereas Chelsea has us at home and then Blackburn away which they probably will win. I just dont want them to win it again as a real life Arsenal Fan!

Anyways, our run has come at a cost as Arsenal is 3rd,Liverpool stay fourth whhile Tottenham and Man U grab 5th and 6th respectively. Btw we drew against Man United at Old Trafford and then hammered them by 3-0! Yes, they played with a full team with Vidic and the lots........Anyway, Chelsea now. Just need to stop their direct crosses and their midfield from having too much possession and we will at least grab a draw I hope. I will try and catch their defenders on the break with the same kind of crosses as well.....................
I am getting fed up of my game..

In 2024 :frown:
:eek: . I drew 2-2 at Chelsea-Kept the ball and limited their crosses although David Villa and Drogba still found a way through the middle. Changed our style of play and brought in wingback and two defensive midfielders into action. The defensive midfielders kept the ball and distributed it directly to the wingers and we scored twice in the last 10 minutes. Although could have done with spending some money and bringing in a pacey defender to deal with Shevchenko and villa type of pacey strikers at the start of the season.:frown: Instead I spent money on expanding the stadium to bring in more revenues for the club.
Ziggy Stardust
I am getting fed up of my game..

In 2024 :frown:

Why, What's Wrong? Mouse not working..........
:eek: A laboured win against Tottenham(0-1) while Chelsea drew at blackburn(1-1) meaning I won the ****** Premiership with West ****ing HAM by 1 ******* point! Get In...........Now just need to do well against Bremen.:eek3: If I get some money then I will buy the whole ****** world I swear!
What are the best statistics you should look at when picking Attackers, Midfielders, Defenders and Goalkeepers!
What do you all think about the assistant managers selections?! Are they worth listening to?

Latest