The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
I'd be up for an online game! :biggrin:
lets get a online game going
Reply 1582
when like?
Reply 1583
I've just let a game run with me "on holiday" for five and a half years just so I can have Holly Rivers as a manager with her correct date of birth :biggrin: It's now on Dec 28th 2011, which would be my 25th birthday, so if I create Holly in-game she'll be 25 (my real age at that time) instead of being 29/30 and having her DoB put forward a few years.

Random observations:

Mexico won the 2010 World Cup and are ranked 1st in the world while Brazil are languishing down in 15th in the world rankings :eek2: It took five years for them to get it, but San Marino managed to get their first in-game victory (which would be their second EVER victory, following their 1-0 win over Liechtenstein in 2004) in November 2011, beating Luxembourg 3-0 in a friendly, a victory that took them 48 places up the rankings...and a victory over Laos saw Nepal jump up 62 places :eek3:
The Spanish are very much the dominant force in Europe, with Real Madrid winning the Champions League twice, Barcelona winning once and coming runner-up once and Sevilla runner-up once. Sevilla were runners-up to AC Milan in the 2007 UEFA Cup as well.
The star player of the Premiership appears to be Dimitar Berbatov, who miraculously is still playing for Tottenham despite Tottenham being rather poor, finishing the premiership season in 15th place not once, but twice (2006/07 and 2009/10).
The SPL unfortunately has yet to see anyone break up the Auld Firm, who have finished 1st and 2nd every season. Gretna took three attempts to make it out of the First Division and into the SPL, getting two consecutive 2nd-place finishes before getting the First Division title. They have since finished 11th and 10th in the SPL, though are currently down in 12th position half-way through the current season.
Reply 1584
^ How are Nani and Anderson doing on that? :biggrin:

P.S. You dissapeared for so long! Was starting to get worried (lol)
Reply 1585
Oh, I've been checking in regularly...I just couldn't get back into the Marine game I started so haven't been playing the game much lately and didn't really have much to add in here (as I have bugger all knowledge of online games and so on :p:)

Edit: Nani is playing for Sunderland, and doesn't look too shabby (probably a good reason for Sunderland finishing third in the Premiership last season :p:)
Which Anderson are you referring to, though? I've got 5 in my game
Bolton are terrible in FM! They always get relegated at 20th :laugh:
Reply 1587
Dalimyr
Oh, I've been checking in regularly...I just couldn't get back into the Marine game I started so haven't been playing the game much lately and didn't really have much to add in here (as I have bugger all knowledge of online games and so on :p:)

Edit: Nani is playing for Sunderland, and doesn't look too shabby (probably a good reason for Sunderland finishing third in the Premiership last season :p:)
Which Anderson are you referring to, though? I've got 5 in my game

Sunderland! Keane must be doing a good job!

Was referring to the Anderson of Porto, should be about 23/24 now in your game.
Reply 1588
Dog Observing Flea

They're pretty decent on mine - always seems to be Fulham struggling on mine. Bizarrely, Pompey went down in the first season!
Pompey finished 5th and 4th in our online game then I took over and they finished 18th ¬_¬
Reply 1590
Uncle_fish
Pompey finished 5th and 4th in our online game then I took over and they finished 18th ¬_¬

Quite an achievement on your part :p:
When ya'll planning on starting a TSR online game? Would you be doing the Premiership? Would be able to play in the afternoons.
Hey an online game seems kinda cool! Id be up for it if other people were :smile:
Reply 1593
I personally wouldnt be able to join till after the 30th of June (exams), but would be happy to join a game that had already been start - if you lot are really desperate to get going :biggrin:
i like to join an online game
Reply 1595
domisakin
Was referring to the Anderson of Porto, should be about 23/24 now in your game.
Ah...he's still at Porto. Valued at £12m and probably worth every penny :p:

Oh, Steve McClaren was sacked from England after Euro 2008 (beaten in extra time by Holland in the semis), and Adrian Boothroyd (who jumped ship from Watford to West Ham in January 2007 and was fired in November 2007) has been manager ever since. Nice to see SI have finally fixed it up so decent managers are in charge of the international teams, instead of some unknown guy managing Weymouth or Grays Athletic becoming England manager :biggrin:

Back in July 2011, Brazil were ranked 31st in the world :eek:

Dog Observing Flea
They're not usually too bad for me, but there is a lot of randomness in the game. Must admit that seeing consecutive relegations tends to amuse me, and I've seen them a couple of times (MK Dons have a habit of doing it in my games :biggrin:)
Reply 1596
Dalimyr
Oh, Steve McClaren was sacked from England after Euro 2008 (beaten in extra time by Holland in the semis), and Adrian Boothroyd (who jumped ship from Watford to West Ham in January 2007 and was fired in November 2007) has been manager ever since. Nice to see SI have finally fixed it up so decent managers are in charge of the international teams, instead of some unknown guy managing Weymouth or Grays Athletic becoming England manager :biggrin:

:laugh:

I now say my goodbyes till July, hardcore revision time :p:
My first season with Juventus started off with -17 pionts now after 32 games i am top 12 points clear...its too easy in serie b:-)
Just finished my first season with juventus in serie b, this is what the finished table looked like, Check the goal difference, Del Piero was top scorer with 41 goals and i won Manager of the year!:biggrin:

Reply 1599
Ooh, so close to 100 points...nice goal difference, though :rofl:

Latest