The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jsuper
I'm in 2032 with Atletico, what's that, 25 seasons?

Jesus! That's impressive!

That must mean virtually every player playing now has retired :eek:
Reply 1781
Oopsie :redface: Just did all the soc applications, and one poor soul had been waiting over 4 weeks to join our ranks...
pfft get it sorted dali... you should make me an assistant so i can do it aswell :P

my boro online game is a joke.. i got robbed of europe again end of last season
3 of my centre backs.. Steven Taylor, Spillane, and Garay within 10 days of each other with 5 games remaining broke their legs!
Reply 1783
Suc-Cesc!!!
Jesus! That's impressive!

That must mean virtually every player playing now has retired :eek:

yep! there's some good managers who used to be players though!

terry is a bit of a superstar manager, maniche was my england u21 manager for a while, and torres has turned depor into a force.

I quite like it, not knowing any players means the scouting system becomes more important, it's a bit like unticking the "use real players" box at the start, except I got into it gradually.

on another note, I've been playing a game with a mate, he started as villa and I chose derby. they gave me 500k to try and stay in the premierleague :rolleyes: at the beginning of january I'm 17th.
Jsuper

terry is a bit of a superstar manager, maniche was my england u21 manager for a while, and torres has turned depor into a force.

I quite like it, not knowing any players means the scouting system becomes more important, it's a bit like unticking the "use real players" box at the start, except I got into it gradually.

on another note, I've been playing a game with a mate, he started as villa and I chose derby. they gave me 500k to try and stay in the premierleague :rolleyes: at the beginning of january I'm 17th.

lol 500k. your screwed!
Reply 1785
It's difficult, but it's not impossible :smile:

Just reached July 2011 in my game. Another few months to sim then I start playing properly...Steve McClaren took England to be runner-up to France in Euro 2008, then went on to lose (via penalty shootout :p:) in the quarters of the 2010 world cup to eventual finalists Colombia :rofl: So he got the sack and was replaced by Sammy Lee.
Reply 1786
Vintage
lol 500k. your screwed!

it's funny, I got sick of losing and just asked them for some money, and they gave me 3.5m - if only I'd tried that at the start of the season!!

my season seems to have turned around though, after winning only 2 games until mid-december, I've won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1 in the last 5, including coming from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against my mate :smile:
Mascherano is very sharp!!!:cool:
Reply 1788
Dalimyr
I'm taking an eternity to get up to December 2011 so I can create another new manager with my real details. Taking it season by season and adding in new (completely fake :p:) kits and logos for teams promoted into the English leagues, and adding new kits to international teams that break into the top 10 in the world :redface:

Finally got to my 25th birthday and created a new manager. By Jan 10th 2012 I was snapped up by Conference South side Margate, who have £1.8m in the bank, and have very generously given me a transfer budget of £550k :biggrin: Considering I'm used to being at a club with a transfer budget of £5k or less (which I usually don't touch), this is such a shock to me to be starting off at such a financially secure club...
Reply 1789
Im not one to boast, but....

Im officially an expert :cool:
Jsuper

Wonder if inflation is bad in the future. How much is a new Ronaldinho going for? £80m?
Reply 1791
funnily enough I just paid £80m for an attacking midfielder, but that was more down to my £800m budget and the other club's unwillingness to sell than inflation.
Uncle_fish
So I changed my tactic it was recommended on sortitoutsi. I drew my first game with Charlton 2 - 2 then this game:

:cool:

THEN AGAINST ASTON VILLA

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ohhhhhhh my God!!!!
i got a biggy screenshot coming up. 2009/2010 season with liverpool. still on for the 7 club trophies :smile: (have 6 and play arsenal next, need time to chill tho as 3 of my 4 strikers (Torres, Aguero, Kuyt) are out and gerrard is suspended.. hmm...
Reply 1794
I'm working my way up the table with Margate in my game. Started out in 11th place (of 24), and in the past couple of months I've fought my way up into 6th, 4 points short of a playoff place, with about 10 games left. Really need to strengthen the squad with younger players, though - many of the better players in the squad are in their 30s and won't be around for long :frown:
Dalimyr
I'm working my way up the table with Margate in my game. Started out in 11th place (of 24), and in the past couple of months I've fought my way up into 6th, 4 points short of a playoff place, with about 10 games left. Really need to strengthen the squad with younger players, though - many of the better players in the squad are in their 30s and won't be around for long :frown:

i find in lower leagues older players are better.. i just replace them with other old players but younger :wink:

Anyone know why its impossible to play online with an edited database?
Its fine for the host but when someone else logs in it doesnt work.. (4 of us created new teams from where we live, Blyth Town FC, Hackney FC, Leicester Lions, County Amagh.) but when the others log in the team names are so random foreign clubs and loads of errors come up
Reply 1796
I assume you made sure everyone had the same copy of the database?
harr
I assume you made sure everyone had the same copy of the database?

hahaha

no :|
Reply 1798
Vintage
hahaha

no :|

:rofl:
That'll be your problem then :biggrin: All four teams have to be on the same database, which all of you are using :smile:
only reason i'm with liverpool is it's my first FM - only had it jsut over a month. just wanted to learn the ropes and then find me a challenge. i can't bear to actually play my CL final - i'd really like to nail the 7 club trophies but figure i have too many unavailable players. i'll probably start again once i've played it tho with as low a side as possible :smile:

Latest