The Student Room Group

Can I appeal an exam board decision?

Hello,

It's a bit of a long story, but basically I got 59.3% in my final year and though other people on the course that were in the same position were rounded up to 60% I wasn't.

It was a difficult year for me, my grandmother passed away at the beginning of the second semester and it hit me hard as we were very close, I even lived with her and my grandad for parts of the academic year. I was advised against submitting MCs (something I greatly regret).

In my first year I got 68% and my second year I got 65%, so there is quite a drop in my grades, the problem was my dissertation, I got 56 in that even though the year before on a similar project on the same topic I got 86.

I emailed and spoke to a few members of staff who basically just said you chose not to submit MCs live with it, one even suggested that there was no evidence that my grandmothers death affected me, even though there was a sharp decline in the quality of my work in the second semester.

I've looked on the university website and all it says is that you can only appeal if you believe they've made a mistake with the grades, I don't think they've made a mistake, I just would like them to take into consideration my circumstances.

Thanks

James.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending