The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Former Student Needs Help!

Okay, as the title pretty much says, I'm a former student of BU, and need some help!

I've been trying for most of the last 18 months to get in touch with someone, anyone, in the Archaeology dept. re: credits for the first year modules I did complete for the (then) BA Archaeology & Prehistory, and whether or not I can claim them towards meeting the criteria for a different degree at another university.

Unfortunately, since I left back in '07, several of the key members of staff I dealt with, both lecturers and admin, appear to have moved on; and none of the contact details I have on file (well, if a small, rather tatty, notebook with the old BU logo on counts as "on file" :colondollar: ) seem to be right - after a quick prayer and invocation to the Great God Google, I now have no fewer than five telephone numbers (three for Enquiries) and two email addresses (both for Enquiries) for potential contacts, and no clue as to which are the most up-to-date and/or accurate!

So, I guess what I am asking is, is there anyone here on TSR currently studying an Archaeology course at BU (of any kind), who can possibly point me in the right direction?
'Phone number, email, I don't mind; I just want to be able to talk to someone in the department, rather than sitting on hold while Enquiries try (and ultimately fail) to hook me up...

I'd love to get this sorted, as then I can try to get things rolling elsewhere - not looking forward to another "chat" with Student Finance :banghead: (but that's for another time, after even more things...)
Is there not a staff page on the website that you can look at? A lot of unis have their staff emails on these pages.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Is there not a staff page on the website that you can look at? A lot of unis have their staff emails on these pages.

There is, but scrolling through the listings and cross-referencing with my old lecture notes (I was apparently crazy enough to note under the title exactly who gave a particular class) it appears that all the lecturers I would have seen with any semblance of regularity have all gone, and the only other familiar names are people I only ever saw in passing, covering absences and the like.
And with more than half a decade between when I last saw any of these, and my enquiries now, I doubt anyone would recognise me - complicated further by my having changed my name entirely since then, and I wasn't exactly a remarkable student when there!

Thanks anyway! :smile:

I have managed to dig around and find a syllabus request form tucked away in a corner of the "Alumni" section (where I wouldn't have thought to look, since I'm not technically an alumni, am I, if I didn't actually graduate from any year?), so I might give that a try, once I ring to find out where I put on it that I changed my name...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending