The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Should I bother applying to Warwick with pass credits in my Access to HE course

Hi all, I plan to start a business management course as a mature student in 2024. I am currently doing access to HE course where all but two units (so far) are at a distinction. These other two units are at a pass grade, and I am concerned that will ruin my chances of getting accepted into a competitive university such as Warwick.

There is a story behind the two pass grades, but I don't feel like excuses will help any application. What are your thoughts? Will applying to Warwick be a wasted application?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi all, I plan to start a business management course as a mature student in 2024. I am currently doing access to HE course where all but two units (so far) are at a distinction. These other two units are at a pass grade, and I am concerned that will ruin my chances of getting accepted into a competitive university such as Warwick.

There is a story behind the two pass grades, but I don't feel like excuses will help any application. What are your thoughts? Will applying to Warwick be a wasted application?

I cannot speak for you but I know some courses they want merit and above so you may have to speak to admissions.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Anonymous #1

@Anonymous #1
Hi, I've taught on Access to HE for over 10 years so I can help.

You need to speak to the admissions tutor, the key thing is the UCAS tariff points which are generated by your grades, if you have been told colloquially that you 'need all merits', that is the number of credits that all merits give you. If you have pretty much all got distinctions it will put you over that.

Universities love adult learners - a large percentage of nursing students at the Manchester Universities are former Access to HE students (I mention this as this is my area which I know a bit more about)

Speak to the admissions tutor for Warwick

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest