The Student Room Group

Missing days of school

So my mum wants me to miss 2 days off school in March to go on a holiday for my birthday. I will be sitting my a level exams in June. Will it be okay if I miss 2 days or will I miss too much? It is over a weekend so would also mean not doing any school work for that weekend. I'm in 2 minds wether to say yes or not, even though it is my dream to go travelling there. Any advice? What would you do?
Reply 1
Ask your teachers what you'll be learning those lessons and get friends to give you their notes to copy up. Not the end of the world if you miss a couple days.
Reply 2
Even if it's rather close to exam revision period, don't stress too much. It's just two days. Make sure you ask your teachers for work beforehand and then, obviously, complete it. Your worries are understandable, but don't forget to have fun once in a while. :h:
2 days is literally nothing to worry about. You'll be able to catch up pretty quickly afterwards, no big deal.
Reply 4
2 days won't really affect you, just make sure you let your teachers know in advance and I'm sure they'll be happy to help you catch up. By that point in the year a lot of the content will have been covered anyway, I think it's worse to miss lessons at the beginning of the year because missing the teaching of a basic concept could make it harder to understand more tricky things.
2 days is nothing. I do well at college and have 85% attendance so far...
Reply 6
I think missing out on the 'revision period' is less disastrous than missing during the 'learning period'

Quick Reply

Latest