The Student Room Group

AmeriCamp 2014!

I've recently applied to AmeriCamp for summer 2014 and was posting this so I could get in touch with others who have also applied.
I've applied on my own so will be off to America all alone until I find some friends. How's others experiencing AmeriCamp? I've had a perfectly fine experience and would definitely recommend the company.
No wonder they were voted for as the best summer camp organisation by Save The Student!
Reply 1
Hi Jessica,

I applying with Americamp this summer 2014, i did back in June 2012 with Camp Leaders, which was a debacle, with Camp Leaders and Camp i was placed at, which is a another story, I slightly native doing the whole thing, back in late 2011, i was really rope into it at my University job fair, I am applying again, second time around because, I know how the whole system works, with the Camps, hiring you, the "Agencies"
involvement, the sponsor" J1-Visa etc.. Americamp is far better then the other "Agency" as I am able to cover my own flights, which is reason i do through them. and salary/stipend is worth my time to do it. this time around. also they more upfront, one of the staff at Americamp where surprised of my vast knowledge of the program.

My advice to you to and anyone reading this don't apply unless you genuinely have the funds to support yourself during-after camp, back in June 2012 I was in world of trouble.,and learnt this the hard way.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jessicastallard
I've recently applied to AmeriCamp for summer 2014 and was posting this so I could get in touch with others who have also applied.
I've applied on my own so will be off to America all alone until I find some friends. How's others experiencing AmeriCamp? I've had a perfectly fine experience and would definitely recommend the company.
No wonder they were voted for as the best summer camp organisation by Save The Student!

I've just applied recently for a support staff role and I have my interview this week :smile:

Have you been placed? how have you found the process of applying and getting things sorted so far?
Reply 3
Do you have to organise your plane tickets yourself with americamp?
Reply 4
currently considering americamp for summer 2015? have experiences with them been good? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest