The Student Room Group

Problem at Work - Help!

I've been working at Asda part-time for a year, and in the last day or so a storm has erupted about a shift swap.

Basically, a colleague asked me a 2/3 weeks ago if I could swap shifts with him due to him having builders in, I agreed on the condition that he informed our Manager than I could only work at 12-7 instead of a 12-9. He replied that day saying he'd spoken to the manager and all was fine.

Yesterday when I arrived at work as agreed, the Manager had no knowledge of me being in, and insisted that I work the full shift my colleague was rota'd to do. I said instantly and with witnesses in the office that I couldn't, yet he still kept saying throughout the day I'd have to stay.

He finished at 5, I left at 7, yet from friends who worked today, I've been told he's livid, 'going to **** and rape' me when he see's me.

Back in work tomorrow and would like a bit of advice. Been told he intends to put it on my file. Anyone know the consequences of that?
Reply 1
Oh no, not your Asda manager putting it on your 'file'. That's going to render you unemployable for the rest of your life...

Seriously, just let him throw his tantrum as it's not the fact that you left early but that you disobeyed him that is acting as the thorn in his paw. Your colleague who misled you is the cause of the problem and should take most of the responsibility.
Reply 2
If he does, print out your OP and insist that it also goes on your file.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending