The Student Room Group

University conditional offers, predicted one grade higher and one lower?

I'm applying to university, one of which typically make conditional offers of AAA, or conditional contextual offers of AAB (Bristol University). My predicted A2 grades are A*AB. Would the grade higher be likely to compensate for the grade lower in terms of getting an offer?

Also, what exactly is a contextual offer?
Reply 1
Original post by nkayc
I'm applying to university, one of which typically make conditional offers of AAA, or conditional contextual offers of AAB (Bristol University). My predicted A2 grades are A*AB. Would the grade higher be likely to compensate for the grade lower in terms of getting an offer?

Also, what exactly is a contextual offer?

Sometimes the grade higher compensates for a lower grade and other times it does not. It depends on the university, the course and the competition that year. Obviously if they were asking for points then they would be more flexible about grades. If you are predicted A*AB then I think it is still worth applying for AAA courses, but do apply for back ups as well.

Contextual offers are offers made where the students educational background has been taken into account. So for example if you go to a very low achieving school that performs below a certain threshold you may get the slightly lower contextual offer rather than the standard offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending