The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Trust us, it's not appropriate..:p:
Helenia

As for that myspace link, I'm not a member so I can't see if it's appropriate but I'll report it so that someone who is can take a look.

Too late, gone.
The-Lennon
ur still sick though

Friggerpants
It's just an old joke I played on a mate.

Blind? You're a vain self-centred child.
Reply 43
Friggerpants
Too late, gone.

Erm, and you don't think that might have been because I reported it? :rolleyes:
Reply 44
The-Lennon
hehe you had nothing to do with it....... he means its off his myspace

Had everything to do with your link to his blog and the subsequent posts being removed though.
Reply 45
what marks?

u can barley see them?
everyone has things they dont like about themselves?
some people with be thinking:

the size of my belly how awful!
my really really hairy chest?
my ugly birth mark?
stretch marks?

dont worry about it, u aint gonna be judged on that hunny!
pumpkin7
you really have nothing to worry about. i bet most people wouldn't even notice those.
lots of people have scars all over their body, in really weird places. i myself have a nice scar on my forehead, which has been the butt of many a joke in my time (ie, was that from when you had the cock removed from your head?) but yours are really nothing to worry about.
go topless with pride my good man!

i also have a scar on my head, but for me its 'is that where they tried to insert a brain and failed?' i also get the predictable 'harry potter' even though it looks nothing like.

i would barely notice the scars TBH
i think everyone else will probably have said it all, but seriously, u have NOTHING to worry about-i thought they looked like *passion scratches* too (i think this is the conclusion a lot of the ppl who may see them would jump to). i have quite a lot of scars, which i'm self-conscious about getting in certain clothes about but i'm getting over that! i also have one majorish one on my face, which i don't even notice bcos it's been there ever since i was tall enough to look in the bathroom mirror. i agree with the poster who said e1 has something about they dislike about themselves. oo and whoever mentioned the love handles, don't worry about that! they are a long way off being love handles and are definately preferred to anorexic thiness!
Reply 48
I also have those marks on my back but i have more and they are more apparent as i have olive type skin that shows stretch marks well. thats all they are - just stretch marks. I have an unusually long torso for the length of my legs and so i think they appeared when i went through a growth spurt and the skin on my back was stretched. I don't care about them anymore.
At first i thought i'd been abducted by aliens and they'd done tests on me! Trust me yours are barely noticeable in comparison to mine - coolios.
Reply 49
Same here, I've had scoliosis surgery and have this scar:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/jonajsil/6monthspostrevision.jpg

I also have a similar-length one on my side where they performed the anterior surgery.

I wish I could show off my scar more, but as it is I don't care about people seeing it - it's a war wound and if people don't like it, they can stuff it. Or they can go and have it done themselves, and see how they like it, and come back and complain to me again.
Reply 50
You have absolutely nothing to worry about. I have a huge keloid scar running the entire length of my back. It's raised and red. I also have one running around the side of my body. They were from surgery. They're both so bad that I'm getting plastic surgery to have them removed on the NHS. And I went swimming two days ago...

I've only had one comment from it. "Dude, your scar is AWESOME."
Reply 51
Jonathan
Same here, I've had scoliosis surgery and have this scar:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/jonajsil/6monthspostrevision.jpg

I also have a similar-length one on my side where they performed the anterior surgery.

I wish I could show off my scar more, but as it is I don't care about people seeing it - it's a war wound and if people don't like it, they can stuff it. Or they can go and have it done themselves, and see how they like it, and come back and complain to me again.

Ah, high five! Same as me :cool:
Reply 52
i think your scars are pretty!
Reply 53
It sounds like I might need to start up a Scoliosis Society :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 54
hi

i don't have scars on my back (but i do have one on my forehead, just like a previous paster said!) but i do have lots and lots of spots, which i'm v self conscious about (and they look worse than your scars, i would say).

Go for a swim, go and enjoy yourself! NO-one will be bothered (honestly, you think they wil be looing but nobody wil be)

have a good day:smile:

aidos
x
Reply 55
Thankyou everybody :smile:
Reply 56
Jonathan
It sounds like I might need to start up a Scoliosis Society :eek: :biggrin:

Go for it :tsr2: And it's good to know that there will be at least one other ex-scoliosis person at Imperial :cool:
tom_pinnock54
are they definately scars, cos my sister has marks that look like that - they're stretch marks because she's growing too fast. Nothing to worry about if that's what they are :-)

Yea was gunna sey they look like stretch marks, i have loads of em around me hips.

Latest

Trending

Trending