The Student Room Group

masturbation problem

hi there, i masturbate too much ans i really want to stop but i just cant, i love doing it the feeling and pleasure i receive from ti is no nice can someone help me stop this
Reply 1
Why do you want to stop? How much is 'too much' and how much would be 'OK'?
Reply 2
get a hobby, get outdoors, have less time alone so you'll have less opportunities to
Reply 3
Good for you. You should stop.

People who don't masturbate often find that kicking the habit makes them more outgoing and confident, they have more time to do things, they objectify women less and generally have healthier relationships, they are much more energetic, their minds are less clouded, they feel less 'drained', and if you browse this highly supportive subreddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/ ) you'll find people who have experienced a number of other benefits as well.

You see, by masturbating, we reinforce our tendency to hide from the world and to indulge in something that requires little effort but yields instant gratification, rather than embracing tough challenges, which is what we need to do to be successful in life. You might also want to look up sexual transmutation.

Or maybe you already knew all of that?

Honestly the best way to stop masturbating is, whenever you have the urge, just take a moment to think about what you're doing. Think about the consequences of going through with it, and how good you'll feel about yourself in the longer run if you choose not to. Do you want to give in to the temptation of a transitory pleasure that will leave you feeling tired and unfulfilled, which also leaves you with an embarrassing mess to clear up? Or would you rather spend your time and energy on something that will make you feel good about yourself? (masturbating generally makes us feel small and weak). I'm digressing a little. You just need to say 'no' to yourself. Do something, anything else rather than ****. Also, cold showers work like magic. They may be unpleasant, but they make you feel great afterwards; more determined, happier.

So yeah. Just say no, fill your time with constructive activities and take cold showers and remind yourself daily of the plethora of life changing benefits not fapping will bring!
Reply 4
Original post by Debonair W
Good for you. You should stop.

People who don't masturbate often find that kicking the habit makes them more outgoing and confident, they have more time to do things, they objectify women less and generally have healthier relationships, they are much more energetic, their minds are less clouded, they feel less 'drained', and if you browse this highly supportive subreddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/ ) you'll find people who have experienced a number of other benefits as well.

You see, by masturbating, we reinforce our tendency to hide from the world and to indulge in something that requires little effort but yields instant gratification, rather than embracing tough challenges, which is what we need to do to be successful in life. You might also want to look up sexual transmutation.

Or maybe you already knew all of that?

Honestly the best way to stop masturbating is, whenever you have the urge, just take a moment to think about what you're doing. Think about the consequences of going through with it, and how good you'll feel about yourself in the longer run if you choose not to. Do you want to give in to the temptation of a transitory pleasure that will leave you feeling tired and unfulfilled, which also leaves you with an embarrassing mess to clear up? Or would you rather spend your time and energy on something that will make you feel good about yourself? (masturbating generally makes us feel small and weak). I'm digressing a little. You just need to say 'no' to yourself. Do something, anything else rather than ****. Also, cold showers work like magic. They may be unpleasant, but they make you feel great afterwards; more determined, happier.

So yeah. Just say no, fill your time with constructive activities and take cold showers and remind yourself daily of the plethora of life changing benefits not fapping will bring!

yes but the feeling is so nice and pleasurable
Reply 5
.. which is one reason to ignore the trolls who come up with lies and dubious statistics to back up their moralist statement that you should Stop It Now.

'Only if you want to' is my response to that, and it looks like you don't.
Aslong as its not interrupting everyday life then why do you need to stop?
Reply 7
Original post by Staceyc1990
Aslong as its not interrupting everyday life then why do you need to stop?

i love it absolutely love it, my hand around my peanus going as fast as i want but i need to stop and have to because it isnt a good thing to do and i want to stop it because i always feel guilty of doing it but when i do it and think of that nothing beats it because the feeling i feel is amazing and i like it but i need to stop how can i, its just too tempting

anyone want the D just ask looool
Original post by Anonymous
i love it absolutely love it, my hand around my peanus going as fast as i want but i need to stop and have to because it isnt a good thing to do and i want to stop it because i always feel guilty of doing it but when i do it and think of that nothing beats it because the feeling i feel is amazing and i like it but i need to stop how can i, its just too tempting

anyone want the D just ask looool

Why do you feel guilty? Its completely normal
Reply 9

Masturbation is wonderful.

It is also utterly normal - both in terms of not being 'wrong' and not being 'uncommon'. Did you see the stories about the big sexual behaviour survey, NATSAL3, recently? Four in five of the men aged between 16 and 34 said they'd masturbated in the previous four weeks (and it was still over half in the group aged 55-64). Because some men thing it's 'wrong', the real figure may be higher.

Let me guess: you are horny and do not have a sexual partner at the moment? One thing you can do when masturbating that will prepare you for having one is to do it slower and gentler, at least some of the time. The sensations will be more like partner sex and you can discover that there is more to sexual pleasure than orgasm.
Original post by unprinted
Masturbation is wonderful.

It is also utterly normal - both in terms of not being 'wrong' and not being 'uncommon'. Did you see the stories about the big sexual behaviour survey, NATSAL3, recently? Four in five of the men aged between 16 and 34 said they'd masturbated in the previous four weeks (and it was still over half in the group aged 55-64). Because some men thing it's 'wrong', the real figure may be higher.

Let me guess: you are horny and do not have a sexual partner at the moment? One thing you can do when masturbating that will prepare you for having one is to do it slower and gentler, at least some of the time. The sensations will be more like partner sex and you can discover that there is more to sexual pleasure than orgasm.

Masturbation is not wonderful.

If you could only bring yourself to stop for a few weeks you would realise how much better you can be as a person. You'd realise that masturbation makes you feel isolated, weak, less energetic. It's so unfulfilling and counter-productive. You masturbate because you want sex. But the thing is, no matter how often you do it you cannot satisfy your desire for sex with your hand because there's a huge psychological difference between the act of sex and the act of masturbation. Masturbation is just teasing yourself; you do it because you want sex, it doesn't satisfy your urge and it makes you want sex even more, and because you're in the habit of masturbating your automatic response is to masturbate, and the cycle continues. If you're sexually frustrated masturbating will only make you even more so.
So it comes down to 'I don't, therefore you mustn't'?

Get your (wrong on so many levels) morals out of what is part of almost everyone else's sex life.
Did Emmaburton get another profile to start afresh.

There is plenty of evidence that masturbation is healthy on a psysiological and psychological level. It releases hormones that make you feel good and relaxed, reduces the risk of certain cancers (particularly prostate cancer in men), it means that you can prepare for having a sexual partner (by knowing what feels good so you can communicate, prevent premature ejaculation by practising alone, practice using condoms and the feel of condoms) increases sperm count for better fertility, helps you relax, sleep and can help with headaches, its good for the immune system, works out the pelvic floor muscle, boosts mood and helps alleviate/prevent depression, and its the safest sex you'll ever have!

No need to feel guilty. Masturbation is great and in no way wrong. The only way it can be detrimental is if you are masturbating so much that you are unable to live a normal life.
Original post by Debonair W
Masturbation is not wonderful.

If you could only bring yourself to stop for a few weeks you would realise how much better you can be as a person. You'd realise that masturbation makes you feel isolated, weak, less energetic. It's so unfulfilling and counter-productive. You masturbate because you want sex. But the thing is, no matter how often you do it you cannot satisfy your desire for sex with your hand because there's a huge psychological difference between the act of sex and the act of masturbation. Masturbation is just teasing yourself; you do it because you want sex, it doesn't satisfy your urge and it makes you want sex even more, and because you're in the habit of masturbating your automatic response is to masturbate, and the cycle continues. If you're sexually frustrated masturbating will only make you even more so.

Yes, there is, but so what? Many people still masturbate in relationship BECAUSE there is a difference, often physical as well as psychological, and people enjoy the difference.

And masturbating doesn't make you want sex more. While the best way to boost a sex drive IS to have more sex, people still have their limits and controls and sex drive fluctates over time.
Reply 14
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
Yes, there is, but so what? Many people still masturbate in relationship BECAUSE there is a difference, often physical as well as psychological, and people enjoy the difference.

And masturbating doesn't make you want sex more. While the best way to boost a sex drive IS to have more sex, people still have their limits and controls and sex drive fluctates over time.

yes but i dont mastarbate for me wanting to have sex, i just love doing it and the feeling when i cum is amazing but i need to stop because i know its bad and want to aswell
yes but i dont mastarbate for me wanting to have sex, i just love doing it and the feeling when i cum is amazing but i need to stop because i know its bad and want to aswell

It isn't bad unless it gets in the way of everyday life. In itself, there is absolutely nothing bad about it. If you really want to stop then its as simple as making the choice not to and having some self control, but there is really no need to beyond your own choosing.
Reply 16
Just think of something which is a real turn off when you get the urge to and don't want to.

Unless it's starting to hurt or getting in the way of life... if you have the free time go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest