Imperial College MSc Finance / Finance & Accounting Applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I just received an offer from imperial this morning:smile:
Reply 21
Original post by alexjoh89
I just received an offer from imperial this morning:smile:

Congrats! Will you join?

Do you know if the review applications on a rolling basis?
Reply 22
Thanks! I haven’t yet decided whether to accept the offer.

I think that they do operate on rolling admission because I received my offer before the first application deadline and only a few days after my referees uploaded their letters.
Congrats!
I actually submitted my application on Jan 1st, 2014 and still waiting for their reply.
I applied for both Msc Finance and Msc Investment. I hope they could release the decision by 21th. (before the deadline of the 2nd choice)
Has anyone heard back, who applied for finance?
Reply 25
Hi guys !

Happy to see there is a topic for new applicants ! I applied only at the Investment & WM one 2 weeks ago and still waiting for an answer.
My profile :

French student,
Bachelor in Management at Paris 1 - La Sorbonne (2.1 - 65%)
Master in Finance at Paris 1 - La Sorbonne (2.1 - 62%)
2 years of professional experience (one as financial controller - BNP Parisbas, another one as analyst Fund Manager - Amundi Wealth Management Fund), thanks to apprenticeship.
Ex President of a humanitarian association (45K fund collected)
Ex Treasurer of a small student company (60K Turnover)
No GMAT

I really hope i will get a conditional offer ...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by alexjoh89
Thanks! I haven’t yet decided whether to accept the offer.

I think that they do operate on rolling admission because I received my offer before the first application deadline and only a few days after my referees uploaded their letters.

hey alex,

Congratulations on your offer ! would you mind sharing your profile with us ? im waiting for a response from Imperial for MSC Finance. I just about scraped a first from the uni of manchester in Economics, and started working with a boutique investment bank thereafter. Would anyone share their opinion about my chances ? thanks
Reply 27
Hi guys,

I reply just to say that i received an offer for the MSc in Investment & Wealth Management (I didn't try the finance one, there is about the same courses and I think the I&W is more affordable to get in). I'm so excited !!!

rsj75, I think you won't get any issues to have an offer. First class + some experience in IB is pretty good ! When i talk with insiders, they said that Imperial is really attentive on the several essays + SoP and they want students with a minimum of relative work experience.

I hope you will soon get an offer !

And if there are another students which an offer, don't hesitate to contact me, that could be cool !
Reply 28
Hi guys !

Happy to see there is a topic for new applicants ! I applied only at the Investment & WM one 2 weeks ago and still waiting for an answer.
My profile :

French student,
Bachelor in Management at Paris 1 - La Sorbonne (2.1 - 65%)
Master in Finance at Paris 1 - La Sorbonne (2.1 - 62%)
2 years of professional experience (one as financial controller - BNP Parisbas, another one as analyst Fund Manager - Amundi Wealth Management Fund)
Ex president of a humanitarian association (45K fund collected)
Treasurer of a small student company (60K Turnover)
No GMAT

I really hope i will get a conditional offer ...
Any offer holders for the MSc finance check out this page! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2573089&p=46082427
Reply 30
Hey guys... I was just wondering whether anyone has heard back for the MSc RMFE course...
Reply 31
Anyone still waiting to hear back from MSc Finance & Accounting?
Reply 32
It's really quiet. Anyone heard back?
Reply 33
got an email saying the decision for msc finance and accounting has been delayed due to high volume of applications. the decision would now come by the 28th.
Original post by rsj75
got an email saying the decision for msc finance and accounting has been delayed due to high volume of applications. the decision would now come by the 28th.

wow didnt expect so many ppl to be willing to fork out top bucks for that course.. who applied for Accounting or investment?
Reply 35
Does anyone know if we will hear back before the 28 March deadline for MSc Finance? I applied about 3 weeks ago...
Reply 36
Hi guys, I've got a conditional offer for Accounting and Finance from the LSE in the middle of December. I'm just wondering what my chance of getting an offer for the MSc Finance and Accounting from Imperial would be. I submitted my application at the beginning of December.

My profile is:
- A high 1.1 overall grade in both 1st and 2nd year in a top ten UK uni, with the Dean's Commendation Award for being the top student of the year
- A couples of internships in big insurance and accounting firms both in England and Hong Kong
- High level committee work at my uni
- 8 in IELTS which was taken 3 years ago
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
i got an offer for msc finance and accounting. yay ! I am guessing there isnt much to really distinguish between the pure finance course and this one, other than 2 core courses in accounting. Even though this is a new course it seems promising since it shares most electives from their renowned msc finance. what does everyone think ?

@kutar2753 i guess with than kind of a profile the only effort you have to make is to send an application and the rest will be taken care of :smile: hope you get your offer soon.
Reply 38
Original post by rsj75
i got an offer for msc finance and accounting. yay ! I am guessing there isnt much to really distinguish between the pure finance course and this one, other than 2 core courses in accounting. Even though this is a new course it seems promising since it shares most electives from their renowned msc finance. what does everyone think ?

@kutar2753 i guess with than kind of a profile the only effort you have to make is to send an application and the rest will be taken care of :smile: hope you get your offer soon.

Thanks for your blessings and congrats to you too! I did receive the offer letter in my email box this morning when I got up! But I can't see the condition of my offer on either the student e-service online tracker or the email. Do you know what condition Imperial normally asks for?

By the way, I have also received an offer from the LSE for the MSc Accounting and Finance course. Which one would you say is better in terms of career prospects? My career plan is to work in the UK in the short term (i.e. 3-5 years) and then go back to Hong Kong or other Asian countries for working in the long term.
Reply 39
Original post by kutar2753
Thanks for your blessings and congrats to you too! I did receive the offer letter in my email box this morning when I got up! But I can't see the condition of my offer on either the student e-service online tracker or the email. Do you know what condition Imperial normally asks for?

By the way, I have also received an offer from the LSE for the MSc Accounting and Finance course. Which one would you say is better in terms of career prospects? My career plan is to work in the UK in the short term (i.e. 3-5 years) and then go back to Hong Kong or other Asian countries for working in the long term.

hey. congrats on your offer ! as for your options now, i guess it depends on what you favour more, accounting or finance. The LSE course i guess would have greater emphasis on accounting, whereas the imperial course has heavy focus on finance over accounting (atleast so it seems from the modules). Either way I think its a tough call to make. Both schools are in the heart of london, so theres no down side to either in terms of networking opportunities. Though i feel LSE would be a bigger brand name than imperial in some ways, but to me personally the course at imperial feels like a better fit. Also Ive heard imperial's career services are extremely efficient, but im sure thats the case with LSE too.
Also, even my email doesnt mention a condition yet. I guess theyll evaluate that in the next few weeks and send it to us in the formal offer letter. I dont know if theyll ask me for anything other than my original documents though since ive completed my course last year. But i imagine it would be to get a minimum score in final year and 2.1 overall. I guess the conditions themselves aren't generally that tough, the harder part is getting an offer in the first place.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending