The Student Room Group

What is everyone's dream medical school/ top choice?

Scroll to see replies

I don't have a favourite yet and would be ecstatic with an offer from any of my choices (Leeds, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leicester)! I don't know how I'll choose if I get multiple offers :tongue: I might have to fork out a load of money and go and see them again if I'm ever lucky enough to get multiple offers (or even an offer to begin with :P)!!

It is good to have a favourite; something to strive for and target BUT in medicine when only 40% ish get even 1 offer, VERY FEW people will get their 'first choice'! Future applicants bear in mind that it is not like other courses where (bar oxbridge and maybe Imperial/LSE) you will almost certainly get an offer if you have the right academic profile + reference/ps!!

Before October this year I kind of acknowledged that the competition was fierce but never really understood how fierce it was; by all means if you have the right profile and apply smart than you have a decent chance of an offer, but I have seen loads of people already getting several rejections when they have fantastic profiles!
Reply 21
Shocked no one said Oxford or Cambridge yet, considering that this is TSR.
Every person has his own opinion. My top choice is University of Alabama. Actually it depends on where you are living? Someone who is from UK, he must choose any medical school which is situated in UK. But there is a ranking of top medical schools. The ranking is created base upon four aspects Size, Focus, Research, Age. Here is a list of top medical schools.
Imperial! Won't forgive myself if I miss my offer :frown:
JHU
Cambridge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending