The Student Room Group

Texting or phone calls? Which one and why?

Scroll to see replies

I hate phoning. If someone phones me i'll reject it if I don't know the number or if I am at home (because everyone will listen in). If I reject the call then they can leave a message. If it's important, they'll leave a message.

I think the reason is because I don't like people listening to me on the phone and I can't see the other person (You can't tell whether they are ready to listen or if they are doing something else)
Original post by tehFrance
Skype... I like seeing my OH's tits :h:

:biggrin:
You can see them if she texts you...:colone: if you ask nicely enough. Maybe it will be a case of tit for tat-a picture of your "tat" for her "tit"?
I will never, ever call anybody apart from selected family members, my partner, and occasionally a friend if the conversation is only to say "where are you? Okay see you in 5." I would do anything to avoid using the phone (okay, maybe not anything).

Mainly because:

- I hate awkward silences and I'm not the type of person who can make conversation unless I know the person very, very well.
- If they say something you don't like via text you can ignore it. If it's on the phone you have to react to it.
- You can take your time texting back, which is a luxury unavailable on the phone.
- I hate other people hearing (one side of) the conversation. You have more chance of me picking up if I'm alone.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I will never, ever call anybody apart from selected family members, my partner, and occasionally a friend if the conversation is only to say "where are you? Okay see you in 5." I would do anything to avoid using the phone (okay, maybe not anything).

Mainly because:

- I hate awkward silences and I'm not the type of person who can make conversation unless I know the person very, very well.
- If they say something you don't like via text you can ignore it. If it's on the phone you have to react to it.
- You can take your time texting back, which is a luxury unavailable on the phone.
- I hate other people hearing (one side of) the conversation. You have more chance of me picking up if I'm alone.

Two things;
1) I thought I was weird for doing this-glad I'm not the only one:tongue:

2) The doggie in your picture is sooo cute. Is it yours? Or just a random pic?
Original post by Mourinho<3
Two things;
1) I thought I was weird for doing this-glad I'm not the only one:tongue:

2) The doggie in your picture is sooo cute. Is it yours? Or just a random pic?

Maybe we're both just weird, haha. Yes he's mine, although he's a fair bit older/bigger than that now!
Reply 25
I ignore literally every phonecall I get. Surprisingly, no one calls me anymore.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Maybe we're both just weird, haha. Yes he's mine, although he's a fair bit older/bigger than that now!

At home I talk on the phone and people listen outside the door. Then they deny it. Though I can see them standing there through the key hole and they don't move for half an hour. Literally half an hour. Then they claim "oh I just so happened t be at your door:rolleyes:".

Well I used to-I stopped obviously. At uni I try to avoid it-maybe I'm just a private person.

As for your dog-:hugs::hugs: tell him from me is is a little cutie. (If he doesn't understand give him a biscuit or something)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending