The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Will I still get a CertHe?/Future OU degrees

I am planning on going into year 2 of a brick uni degree course next year. But this would, I assume, involve credit transfer - OU and the new uni playing swapsies.

But I would have done 30 credits over the requirements for the OU CertHe Natural Sciences by this time and wondered if I would still get a certificate from them?

Also in the future I was thinking of doing the chemistry degree. I would have already completed the required (current) L1 modules (which are mostly the same for all the nat science degrees), so would I be able to go straight onto year 2 for this?
I think there are unique study rules so once you claim a certificate of higher education you will have to do at least 1/3 new modules to claim another qualification.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Schrodingersfrog
I am planning on going into year 2 of a brick uni degree course next year. But this would, I assume, involve credit transfer - OU and the new uni playing swapsies.

But I would have done 30 credits over the requirements for the OU CertHe Natural Sciences by this time and wondered if I would still get a certificate from them?

Also in the future I was thinking of doing the chemistry degree. I would have already completed the required (current) L1 modules (which are mostly the same for all the nat science degrees), so would I be able to go straight onto year 2 for this?

You would most likely be able to go into level 2 with the open university.

However due to the new rules of the open university if you are planning on doing a degree you would not get the certificate, if you stopped at the HND then yes but not if you carried on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest