The Student Room Group

Withdrawn from course without warning?

I've just received this email, and I'm freaking the hell out. I've had zero warning, zero contact from my advisor, and this is the one year I actually got high marks in? What has happened? (I've already emailed them back, asking for clarification and guidance, but I need some moral support/potential advice on where to go from here?)

Dear [redacted],

I am sorry to tell you that you have failed to meet the requirements to move on to the next stage of your course.

You do not have the right to any more reassessments, so you have been withdrawn from your current course.

However, I am pleased to confirm that you have completed enough modules to be recommended for the award of Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE).

The CertHE is an unnamed award, which means that it is not in a specific subject, but it recognises academic achievement equivalent to one year of full- time study.

Your award will be conferred at the next Graduation event. If you did not complete your Graduation Registration Task you must contact the Graduation Office as your certificate cannot be printed until you have registered for Graduation. For further information and terms & conditions, please visit [redacted]. For queries relating to Graduation please email [redacted].

If you have outstanding tuition fees you may not be able to attend your Graduation ceremony or receive your degree certificate. Please remember to:

Check your account with the University and to clear any outstanding debts

Return any outstanding library books

If you are a Student visa holder, it is important that you have a conversation with Student Life International about how this might affect your visa. Please visit their information pages and contact them for advice.

In due course we will send you a transcript that provides an official record of the whole of your studies.

You can review your results online by accessing - [redacted]

If you want to challenge your academic results, you have the right to submit an academic appeal. To learn more, please talk to the Student Union Advice Centre.
If you have any questions, please refer to the Frequently asked Questions in the first instance.

On behalf of the University, I wish you well for the future.

Yours sincerely,

[redacted]
LTS Manager
Learning and Teaching Service

CC

Adviser: [redacted]
Original post by Anonymous
I've just received this email, and I'm freaking the hell out. I've had zero warning, zero contact from my advisor, and this is the one year I actually got high marks in? What has happened? (I've already emailed them back, asking for clarification and guidance, but I need some moral support/potential advice on where to go from here?)

Dear [redacted],

I am sorry to tell you that you have failed to meet the requirements to move on to the next stage of your course.

You do not have the right to any more reassessments, so you have been withdrawn from your current course.

However, I am pleased to confirm that you have completed enough modules to be recommended for the award of Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE).

The CertHE is an unnamed award, which means that it is not in a specific subject, but it recognises academic achievement equivalent to one year of full- time study.

Your award will be conferred at the next Graduation event. If you did not complete your Graduation Registration Task you must contact the Graduation Office as your certificate cannot be printed until you have registered for Graduation. For further information and terms & conditions, please visit [redacted]. For queries relating to Graduation please email [redacted].

If you have outstanding tuition fees you may not be able to attend your Graduation ceremony or receive your degree certificate. Please remember to:

Check your account with the University and to clear any outstanding debts

Return any outstanding library books

If you are a Student visa holder, it is important that you have a conversation with Student Life International about how this might affect your visa. Please visit their information pages and contact them for advice.

In due course we will send you a transcript that provides an official record of the whole of your studies.

You can review your results online by accessing - [redacted]

If you want to challenge your academic results, you have the right to submit an academic appeal. To learn more, please talk to the Student Union Advice Centre.
If you have any questions, please refer to the Frequently asked Questions in the first instance.

On behalf of the University, I wish you well for the future.

Yours sincerely,

[redacted]
LTS Manager
Learning and Teaching Service

CC

Adviser: [redacted]

The only thing I can think of is did you have any failed resits from previous years if thats the case that could be why you might not have the grades to continue your course I’d totally speak to the SU and your advisor just so your clear on what happened and maybe appeal those results. It could be clerical error which is why an appeal might be worth it if not you might just have to accept the CertHE it’s better than nothing. You got into uni so you presumably have A-levels or equivalent so even if you are withdrawn you can still get some fairly cool jobs without a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending