The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Good morning, I' m fron Greece and i would like to apply for the Master inFinance. Is there any chance to evaluate first my degree and then take the GMAT test?
Original post by martingomez
Hi, I am interested in study a master in finance in tilburg. I am from argentina but I don't know if i need to take a pre-master , I think maybe is better for me to do a pre-master. I want to know the requirements for pre-master in finance and if I can apply because I am a foreign student. I need the GMAT for a pre-master? at least 600?
Thank You

Dear Martin,
I am a student at Tilburg University. And I know that the international students mostly perform better, so most of the time there is no Pre-master needed. They only offer you a Pre-master once you do not have the correct background degree. This means that you have to hand in a GMAT anyway. However, I do know that they also accept students with a score below 600.
If you want to know anything more, please let me know!
Original post by niarxos
Good morning, I' m fron Greece and i would like to apply for the Master inFinance. Is there any chance to evaluate first my degree and then take the GMAT test?

Hi Niarxos,

I am a student of Tilburg university. I have heard from other students that they only evaluate everything at once. Thus, that's not possible I am afraid.
You can find on the website http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/education/masters-programmes/finance/application/ what your background should be.

Regards,
Monique
Hi Anna

I'm applying to study Global Law at Tilburg University..I want to understand how accommodation works there, and what the fees are for both tuition (im a UK citizen, so EU) and accommodation.

Thank you so much for your help :smile:
Hi Sarro,

I'm a student at Tilburg University! Accommodation is fairly easy, you can get a room at Talent Square where most international students live. I am curretly living there and it's great. Lots of other international students and it's close to the city. It's not the cheapest option though, more than €400 p month. You can also find private housing, some of my friends have done that. It's not that difficult to find with websites like www.kamernet.nl or www.kamertje.nl. I chose Talent Squre because it's furnished. The fees for EU are about €1900,-.

Hope it helps!!

Annie
Reply 65
Hello,

I'm a student of Law at University of Lodz, Poland. My study programme is a 5-year Master's programme and I'm currently doing 4th year. Although my studies are not divided into Bachelor's and Master's - I only obtain Master's degree at the end of the programme - I would like to apply for a Master's programme in Law and Technology at Tilburg University, starting in September 2015. I contacted Tilburg University last year and was informed that it might be possible to get admitted to a Master's programme without having bachelor's diploma, on the basis of ECTS I obtained at my university. Could you tell me if it was still possible and what conditions I would need to meet to be admitted?

Regards,
Joanna
Original post by Tilburg University
We are on this forum to answer any questions you may have about the programs we offer at Tilburg University, the application procedure and admission requirements. But of course we will also gladly tell you more about what studying in Holland is all about. We know how hard, and at the same time important, choosing the right study program and university is. So we would be glad to help you on your way.

Hello

I have been offered by your university for Economics and Business Economics. I would like to ask you about the DUO thing. What does it mean lottery-based/decentralised admission? I have also applied for University of Amsterdam and Erazmus University. However, I dont have a first choice as I would like to give it some thouht after I get my A-level results. Since in the letter I have received is written that I need to choose only one "fixus classus" course, does it mean that I have to automatically decline the offers from Erazmus and Amsterdam ? or it does not apply to them as they are not amongst the "fixus" courses.

Thank you very much for your help n advance
Reply 67
Hello,
I am planning to apply for the Bachelor of Economics at Tilburg University. Currently, I am enrolled in the Bachelor of Economics at a university in Argentina. I have just finished my first year of studies and I am now starting my second year. As far as I understood, Tilburg University does not accept transfer students, or in other words, does not offer the recognition of previous studies or credits. However, I would like to know if my university grades in mathematics subjects can be used for the mathematics requirements.
In addition, I would like to know what are the required documents for application?
Thank you very much.
Jennifer
Reply 68
Original post by Tilburg University
We are on this forum to answer any questions you may have about the programs we offer at Tilburg University, the application procedure and admission requirements. But of course we will also gladly tell you more about what studying in Holland is all about. We know how hard, and at the same time important, choosing the right study program and university is. So we would be glad to help you on your way.

Hello,
I would like to know if there is a specific phone number for the Bachelor International Admissions Office ( in particular for the Bachelor of Economics). I called a numer of times to the general university phone and sent three emails but I never received a reply. I am having a few doubts about the admission requirements and the deadline is approaching.
I would appreciate it if you could provide me with the necessary information.
Thank you very much.
Jennifer
Hello Tilburg University,

I have been sent a conditional offer from your university of a place for a Bachelor in Economics. The offer says that I should accept the place within two weeks of the date it was sent.
However, I am also applying at Erasmus University Rotterdam, which requires me to take a mathematics entrance exam at the beginning of May. I would greatly appreciate it if we solve this inconvenience. :smile:

Kind regards,
Simeon
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by RollingStones39
Hello Tilburg University,

I have been sent a conditional offer from your university of a place for a Bachelor in Economics. The offer says that I should accept the place within two weeks of the date it was sent.
However, I am also applying at Erasmus University Rotterdam, which requires me to take a mathematics entrance exam at the beginning of May. I would greatly appreciate it if we solve this inconvenience. :smile:

Kind regards,
Simeon

Hi RollingStones39,
Since you have already applied to Tilburg University, is there an application fee that I am not aware of? I have started the application procedure and I haven't read in any part of the application process the requirement of an application fee. And it's strange, since most of the universities require one. I am just worried I might be missing something.
Thank you!
Jennifer
I wasn't charged anything for applying for the BSc Economics programme, so don't worry.

Good luck, Jennifer :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending