The Student Room Group

Podiatry 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fireflies587
Oh really, that would be handy, I really want to take my car or I will get a bike. I would prefer to live off campus and in town anyway. Did you get an offer? I really think I may go for it over Soton.

No offer yet but huddersfield rang me today to check some details and they said they were making me an offer but still waiting for it to come through from ucas. Have you had an offer from northampton yet?
Reply 101
Original post by Edna94
No offer yet but huddersfield rang me today to check some details and they said they were making me an offer but still waiting for it to come through from ucas. Have you had an offer from northampton yet?
congrats!!
Reply 102
How long did it take any of you to hear from Southampton after your application??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
I think about a month or so? :tongue:
Reply 104
Original post by fionajane94
I think about a month or so? :tongue:

Ok thank you!!! I hate the waiting game!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 105
Me too, where do you think you will end up going?
Finding it really hard to decide between NH and SH :s
Original post by Caoimhex
The 7th of March, so a month away yet, don't know if I'll accept it or not, trying to keep my options open but I think I'll firm Huddersfield!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, I got it on 7th as well at northampton, I am not really in mood to go but to secure myself I will lol....btw do you live there or you would take a coach or a train.
Reply 108
Just been to the Plymouth applicant day and loved it! Now I really can't decide
Reply 109
Original post by bownessie
Hey guys! I'm looking into podiatry and one of the places I'm potentially looking at is New College Durham. I'm not going to be able to visit pre-application, so I was wondering if any of you knew much about the place?

Cheers!

Hi there I'm a current third year student of podiatry at new college Durham, if you want to send me an inbox with your questions I would be happy to answer them 😊
Reply 110
Original post by simran12345
Same here, I got it on 7th as well at northampton, I am not really in mood to go but to secure myself I will lol....btw do you live there or you would take a coach or a train.

I'm Irish so I'll be flying over then taking the train!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! Just wondering, is anyone going for glasgow caledonian university? (:
Reply 112
Original post by jumpinghotdogs
Hey! Just wondering, is anyone going for glasgow caledonian university? (:

I applied for there, but I didn't really like the campus however I've heard its really good for podiatry!
I applied for there, but I didn't really like the campus however I've heard its really good for podiatry!

You went for their open days? (: yeah I researched and found out that its a pretty good school for podiatry, but why does the course take 4 years D
Reply 114
You went for their open days? (: yeah I researched and found out that its a pretty good school for podiatry, but why does the course take 4 years D
No I just visited the campus, the podiatry facilities were good I just didn't get a feel for the campus and I'm not too keen on Glasgow haha. And in Scotland all their degrees take 4 years not sure why though haha
No I just visited the campus, the podiatry facilities were good I just didn't get a feel for the campus and I'm not too keen on Glasgow haha. And in Scotland all their degrees take 4 years not sure why though haha

hey thanks for the insights! (: trying to see which schools will have the most suitable clinical placements! really hope to be assigned to different hospitals and clinics!
Reply 116
Really don't know what uni to firm where is everyone else going??
Original post by Caoimhex
Really don't know what uni to firm where is everyone else going??

I'm waiting for an offer from northampton before submitting my choices! Any idea how stringent the appeal process will be if we do not meet the conditional offers?
Reply 118
I'm waiting for an offer from northampton before submitting my choices! Any idea how stringent the appeal process will be if we do not meet the conditional offers?

I have no idea as I am an Irish student so we do our leaving cert which is equivalent to A levels but we study between 7-10 subjects so it's slightly different!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119
Hey I'm going to Plymouth this year to do podiatry :smile: has anyone else chosen that as their firm? x

Quick Reply

Latest