The Student Room Group

English Lang AQA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by raachy
That would be really harsh if you weren't allowed, if they don't let you, you should probably write in, since 2 marks is definitely gainable :smile:

I definitely risked my question 5 and 6, hopefully it may pay off if I get it re-marked
Reply 21
Original post by McBambi
I definitely risked my question 5 and 6, hopefully it may pay off if I get it re-marked

Yep, I'm not really sure what went wrong in my exam
Reply 22
Original post by raachy
Yep, I'm not really sure what went wrong in my exam

I'm sure if you got an A then nothing did go wrong, it was probably more a matter of subjectivity (is that a word?). Did you get two A*'s in your coursework?
Reply 23
Original post by McBambi
I'm sure if you got an A then nothing did go wrong, it was probably more a matter of subjectivity (is that a word?). Did you get two A*'s in your coursework?

Nope, I was one mark off an A* in my written coursework and I got an a* in my speaking :smile: What about you?
Reply 24
Just remark it, you won't have anything to lose, I got an A and the ums mark I got is 266. Does anyone know the ums mark for an A*? WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY WHEN I GOT MY A, doing the IGCSE english language exam and literature now, hopefully get an A in both of them as I got an A in my igcse mock.
Reply 25
Original post by Mo98
Just remark it, you won't have anything to lose, I got an A and the ums mark I got is 266. Does anyone know the ums mark for an A*? WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY WHEN I GOT MY A, doing the IGCSE english language exam and literature now, hopefully get an A in both of them as I got an A in my igcse mock.

I know for GCSE 270 was the boundary for a*, but not sure about IGCSE...
Reply 26
Original post by McBambi
I know for GCSE 270 was the boundary for a*, but not sure about IGCSE...

Oh thank you, there's no point getting it remarked then, I'll talk to my teacher tomorrow about it and IGCSE an A* for paper 1 is A* 41/50 and paper 2 48/54, which is achievable I suppose, my friend just told me, but thank you anyway :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by raachy
Nope, I was one mark off an A* in my written coursework and I got an a* in my speaking :smile: What about you?

I got an a* in both, but I was just on the boundary for speaking and listening! That's why I was quite disappointed, because I knew I had done well in my coursework, but then I ended up get an overall A, cos I got 100/120 UMS for my actual exam. What did you get for the exam?
I got an A* in mine :biggrin:
Original post by raachy
I got 264 ums which was 3 raw marks off an A* so I presume you would be around 2 raw marks off an A*

I got 260 ums, is this 4 raw marks?
Reply 30
Original post by McBambi
I got an a* in both, but I was just on the boundary for speaking and listening! That's why I was quite disappointed, because I knew I had done well in my coursework, but then I ended up get an overall A, cos I got 100/120 UMS for my actual exam. What did you get for the exam?

agh thats annoying, I got 100/120 on my exam too :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by Bellex
I got 260 ums, is this 4 raw marks?

I'm not sure but I guess it would be around that :smile:
Original post by HollyCreed
Hi,

I just got my English Lang results, I got an B but I am two marks off of an A, anyone think it would be worth a remark?

Anyone that has got a brain would remark if its really 2 marks however remember there is a chance it may go down to a c Grade which happened to my friend Lol (had a A and went down to a B) so its your call but i would go for a remark :biggrin:
Got 287 UMS. Smashed it!
Does anyone know the grade boundaries?

Want to know how close I got to A*:h:

Quick Reply

Latest