The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bad in what sense?

My grandfathers best friends son was at my house 6 months ago. He was MP. He seemed the usual cool guy, was friendly and everything.

Was shocked the find out he'd shot and killed 2 people before... Bloody MP's, lmao.
Reply 2
I don't know people just say that they're quite violent people.
Reply 3
Violent in a pub brawl sense? Not really.

They're cool but have certain lines, cross them and you're asking for trouble. Messing around with an MP's sister is asking for a death wish, for example.
It's not really all mirpuris, for instance, one of my my neighbours are mp and they're one of the nicest people I know. It's just a misconception that a lot do criminal activity etc... And the way they talk and act is rather unpleasant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
They mad because Punjabis dominate Pakistan :wink:
Never heard of them.
I didnt know this :frown:

Also I wouldnt consider myself a "bad" person :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Aimes_14
What makes Mirpuris have the reputation of being so "Bad"?! I have extended family members that are Mirpuri but why do people have such a bad impression of them?! What do they do exactly to make them seem so "Bad"?!

The stereotype is that they have low education levels, a lot of them are involved in criminal activity (drug dealing, gang violence etc.), extremely socially conservative elders. Obviously this doesn't apply to most of them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
I think its because a lot of mirpuris come from a village background where rules and regulations were strict and people tended to have egos so if X did bad to Y, Y would take revenge of some form from X and try to show people that he will not be stamped on like dirt but overall mirpuris are very nice and my family are originally from there and I've never seen them do something particularly bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aimes_14
What makes Mirpuris have the reputation of being so "Bad"?! I have extended family members that are Mirpuri but why do people have such a bad impression of them?! What do they do exactly to make them seem so "Bad"?!

Because most Pakistani's are judgemental and have this horrible attitude of labelling people with regard to where they come from etc.
Reply 11
Original post by yarshad
Because most Pakistani's are judgemental and have this horrible attitude of labelling people with regard to where they come from etc.

Since when was this exclusively Pakistani? Last time I checked every country on Earth from the U.S to U.K to Russia does this...

More MPs tend to be violent than other Pakistani's. This isn't because they're born more violent, most of them are great. Just that they tend to have that village background which doesn't cultivate the best habbits lol.

P.S I am MP, as is my family. So certainly aint hating on em.
Reply 12
>takes offence
There's nothing wrong with us Mirpuris
Reply 13
Original post by 0zzy94

More MPs tend to be violent than other Pakistani's.

In the UK this is correct, but in Pakistan itself they're not the ones causing violence.
(edited 10 years ago)
I am embarrassed I am from Mirpur tbh. They're all rude boyz.
Reply 15
Not to offend but it is said they are from Low educated families, Very tribal involved in the caste system (inter family marriages only even if that means flying halfway around the world) , Crime and corruption rates are very high in that part of Pakistan. They speak patwari rather than the national Urdu language which is frowned upon.

I am from that part too its an unwanted stereotype.
Original post by 0zzy94
Since when was this exclusively Pakistani? Last time I checked every country on Earth from the U.S to U.K to Russia does this...

More MPs tend to be violent than other Pakistani's. This isn't because they're born more violent, most of them are great. Just that they tend to have that village background which doesn't cultivate the best habbits lol.

P.S I am MP, as is my family. So certainly aint hating on em.

Right, well I didn't say that this wasn't a problem elsewhere. I was simply putting it in context of Pakistani people since it's perfectly logical to on a thread about people form a Pakistani place.

People associate those 'violent people' with there city. How does that make sense? And anyway I have that village background too, so I don't see your point. You're trying to imply that's the sole justification for anyone who happens to be from there is 'violent' to an extent.
Reply 17
Mirpuris are being tarnished by other Pakistanis who routinely accuse Mirpuris of all that is wrong with their own communities. You'll hear stuff like... Mirpuris marry their cousins but the fact that the majority of marriages in Pakistan are consanguineous marriages according to all the major studies is beyond them...

It tends to be dimwits who start these types of threads who are unable to fathom that Pakistan is a pretty messed-up place and so if Pakistanis are messed up, little wonder that Mirpuris who originate from a tiny region administered by Pakistan are also messed up!

Its laughable, those who accuse Mirpuris of being uneducated are quite uneducated themselves. The fact that they peddle this rubbish almost obsessively in broken English is all the more ironic!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Ravenous
In the UK this is correct, but in Pakistan itself they're not the ones causing violence.

How on earth is this correct? By virtue of a statistical miracle which accounts them as the majority of 'Pakistanis' in the UK?
Reply 19
Original post by AreebWithaHat
I am embarrassed I am from Mirpur tbh. They're all rude boyz.

Well no love lost... Mirpuris are probably embarrassed 'for' you too... :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending